Names you can’t stand #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am mixed race with East Asian descent. The name is so true, they don’t change their name but so many of them chose to take up their white husband surname which is ridiculous and felt very try hard. Like you said, Mei-Ling Williamson and some of them also try to retain their surname like Jenny Mei Ling Gao- Williamson.
Genuine question: what are they supposed to do then?

Reactions: 3
A friend has stolen my hen's name as her baby name! I won't say what it is, but it is a lovely Irish name. Pisses me off!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
also... how do children choose someone to be their mum?! that whole post was insane, what in earth were they thinking calling their child after a cannanikistic serial killer was 🤣🤣🤣
Think I'd rather have the killer association then the fertility link.

"The name Hannibal is a boy's name of Assyrian origin meaning "grace of Baal, god of fertility and fortune".

• Wow
Reactions: 1

"The name Hannibal is a boy's name of Assyrian origin meaning "grace of Baal, god of fertility and fortune".

I think regardless of the origin the association now will always be the film, for ex I doubt many people in 2021 are naming their girls isis or Alexa are they? I guess that is the difficulty with names you never know how the association will change

Reactions: 5
Bodhi.

I'm also not a fan of Teddy, after hearing it yelled about 1000 times at a baby group today, as said Teddy was wreaking havoc.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Hannibal was the bloke who rode his elephants across the Alps. I guess these parents thought they were so clever naming their child after a Cathaginian general :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I once met a guy who was meant to be called Roberto but his dad got his name wrong on the birth certificate and called him Geronimo instead
Ladbaby did something similar she wanted kobe knox he went and register him as kobe Notts and his other son is phoenix forest
He named his kids after a football team

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.