Names you can’t stand #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another TLC family with 14 kids:

Dai
Derrick.
Dallas,
Denver
Deniko,
Dariz,
Deonee,
Daician,
Daiten
Dior
Diez
Dawsyn,
De’Aren,
Dyver

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
I honestly meant it without any malice, I just don't understand the reasoning behind it. To me, I almost associate it with having a middle name that you never use unless you're getting a new passport... I thought it might have to do with local traditions or something along those lines.
Where I'm from, it's quite common for friends to shorten your name but family members would typically use your "actual name" (as in, the one featured on your birth certificate). Personally, I just feel like parents choosing to only use the shortened version and to introduce their child to the world with that said shortened name is virtually the same as only having the short version as a name, it's not like they've discussed the name situation with their child and decided together that's how they'd be called. My perspective is probably biased by the fact that the Rosie I mentioned never uses Rosemary, not even in a professional or formal setting. Different strokes for different folks hey!
Well, I think my perspective is biased too! I don't want my shortened name on my passport or email signature or CV or at the doctor's 🤣 And very occasionally people do use my full name (usually when first introduced), it's nice to say "oh you can call me X" (if I like them).

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Well, I think my perspective is biased too! I don't want my shortened name on my passport or email signature or CV or at the doctor's 🤣 And very occasionally people do use my full name (usually when first introduced), it's nice to say "oh you can call me X" (if I like them).
That's fair enough! My middle name is Michelle (with the French spelling - Michèle. Really, it's the name of a 55+ yo lady, nothing wrong with that, but I'm 29!) and once in a hospital waiting room, a nurse yelled "Laura Michèle ??" because it was my turn to be seen. I felt the need to say loudly that it wasn't double barrelled and that Michèle was my middle name 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
My brother in law named one of his kids Lacey-Mae.
I feel there are no redeeming features.
She's such a beautiful little girl as well.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I met a four year old called Nigel today. I suppose it's not a bad name, but a child called Nigel just seems so odd for some reason.

We lived overseas for a long time and mixed in crazy rich Asian expat circles. My kids have gone to school with -

Pixie Dust
Moppie
Evynder
Tierney
Bean
Mayfair
Amazon
Madigan
Honesty
De'Tryin (this always sounded like die trying when I heard his name)
Chuba
Messiah
Zoltan
Bronco
Bravin
Stone

(I just went and got a couple year books out to pick out the best worst names!)
Sounds like De'Tryin to get their son bullied 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
As a person near the Glasgow area I always cringe when I hear the name “Jake” because it’s an insult here for a dirty person or a ned (a chav).

• Haha
Reactions: 8
As a person near the Glasgow area I always cringe when I hear the name “Jake” because it’s an insult here for a dirty person or a ned (a chav).
Most neddy names I’ve heard:

Jayden
Jaxon
Kenzie
Rio
Lexie
Chantelle

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Most neddy names I’ve heard:

Jayden
Jaxon
Kenzie
Rio
Lexie
Chantelle
I hate seeing Jackson spelt with an X it is beyond tacky, it’s my nephews name and I love it but for the love of god please spell it properly!

Chanel/Chantelle are most definitely the neddiest names ever to exist😂

Also my distant cousin has a daughter named Krystal Saalt? I’m unsure of the spelling but why! Saalt as a middle name? I’ve actually never met either of them but i always think she’s a nut job for naming her kid that - especially as her other children have very traditional names.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I cannot believe it is a real name, is it just pronounced like samantha? ie with a silent p?

I hope the one who is called diez is the 10th born? they are all absolutely awful
They have a history of multiple pregnancies Dior & Diez are twins.

I hate seeing Jackson spelt with an X it is beyond tacky, it’s my nephews name and I love it but for the love of god please spell it properly!

Chanel/Chantelle are most definitely the neddiest names ever to exist😂

Also my distant cousin has a daughter named Krystal Saalt? I’m unsure of the spelling but why! Saalt as a middle name? I’ve actually never met either of them but i always think she’s a nut job for naming her kid that - especially as her other children have very traditional names.
10/10 on the wacko meter. The salt makes me think of Krystal meth soz hun.

Two of my cousins (brother and sister) are Sapphire and Farron.

I also know sisters Eppi and Romi.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Some celebrities call their kids ridiculous names. Billi Mucklow from towie called her boy Wolf....
And has a baby girl called Marvel 😬

Heard of someone today called Inglish - pronounced English. What the....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.