Names you can’t stand #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I knew siblings called Sharon Darren and Karen 😭

To be clear all okay individually but as a set?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I know sisters called Emma and Gemma.

And a sister/brother called Andrew and Andrea.

Also a set of siblings we called the Victorian kids because all their names were so 19th century - from memory it was Bertie, Millie, Algie, and another one whose name I've forgotten. Probably something like Maudie 😳

I knew someone who worked with a chap called Neil Downe. Did his parents just not think? I mean, Neil's not the best name - but when your surname is Down(e)? Really?!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I knew siblings called Sharon Darren and Karen 😭

To be clear all okay individually but as a set?
Ugh I hate matchy names.

My youngest two are B/G twins. We had our girl name sorted pretty much straight away but the boy name took a little longer. Her name is Thea and so many people in our family suggested Theo 🤮 nope

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I know sisters called Emma and Gemma.

And a sister/brother called Andrew and Andrea.

Also a set of siblings we called the Victorian kids because all their names were so 19th century - from memory it was Bertie, Millie, Algie, and another one whose name I've forgotten. Probably something like Maudie 😳

I knew someone who worked with a chap called Neil Downe. Did his parents just not think? I mean, Neil's not the best name - but when your surname is Down(e)? Really?!
It took me a couple of seconds to get that 😂😂😂

Reactions: 4
I really don’t like old man names on little kids my sister had a surprise fourth child last year her 3rd boy as well so she was out of names she liked enough so she called him after our dad John,johns not too bad but not on a baby nowadays it’s just awful

Reactions: 1
I've always disliked the names Wayne, Dwayne, Shane. They sound awful in my families broad scottish accents and I always hear Kathy Burke as Waynetta whenever anyone says those names.

Reactions: 11
Ohhh I randomly remember earlier, an old friend of mine from school named their baby SMITH. BABY bleeping SMITH? Brutal.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
my husband wanted our daughters middle name to be Ruth, after his gran. Which is fine really but we were dead set on Thea already and Thea Ruth is just awful.
Why not use another middle name and then Ruth as the second middle name? 😃

Reactions: 2
A relative has called her baby Yennefer.
I don’t like it, even if the baby is cute.
Daft spellings get on my nerves.
Lillee. Dayzee. Poppee. Louee. I know all those kids. Going to have to spell their names forever.
I once enrolled a little lad called Toady at school. Toady. Sheesh.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I really hate the names:-

Ashley (for boys)

Wesley

Leslie (for boys or girls)

Reactions: 9
I’m from Essex you can imagine, but from the town I’m from there’s siblings Millie and billy,
Blue,snow and peaches
Princess and precious
Memphis and Presley
And a Dollie-diva

I can’t stand and celeb names that just don’t make sense
Rox
Mexx
Daye

Or what I call chavvy names
Tyler
Riley
Ronnie
Dolcie
Dollie
Lily may Lilly rose lily Ray

Or those who think they are being “different” and it’s mai/mae not May and Rae not Ray

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Ugh I hate matchy names.

My youngest two are B/G twins. We had our girl name sorted pretty much straight away but the boy name took a little longer. Her name is Thea and so many people in our family suggested Theo 🤮 nope
Thea and Theo would have been enough to get social services intervention!! Were they being serious?!

ps love the name Thea (and Thalia but pronounced properly and not all... Americanised with weird spelling)

Reactions: 3
A relative has called her baby Yennefer.
I don’t like it, even if the baby is cute.
Daft spellings get on my nerves.
Lillee. Dayzee. Poppee. Louee. I know all those kids. Going to have to spell their names forever.
I once enrolled a little lad called Toady at school. Toady. Sheesh.
Yes! The spelling is worse than the names for me. Deliberately replacing a letter which phonetically sounds the same just to be different is going annoy the fk out that kid all eternity. Common sense will lead the majority of folk to spell the name traditionally.
I remember when Jackson was doing the rounds, but some had to go the extra mile and spell it Jaxon.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I hate "Luna" (HP) as every basic witch seems to use this as a cat name (no hate if your cats are called Luna, mine isnt so I just cant relate)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yes! The spelling is worse than the names for me. Deliberately replacing a letter which phonetically sounds the same just to be different is going annoy the fk out that kid all eternity. Common sense will lead the majority of folk to spell the name traditionally.
I remember when Jackson was doing the rounds, but some had to go the extra mile and spell it Jaxon.
I know some called jaxon I cringe

At work I have a little girl called sunnee awful spelling

And a little girl called winter who was born in June :/

I hate "Luna" (HP) as every basic witch seems to use this as a cat name (no hate if your cats are called Luna, mine isnt so I just cant relate)
My dog is Luna, someone From my towns called their child Luna-Rae and son lycan

Reactions: 4
I am done with old lady names on little girls. It's not cute it's too obvious the pare ts are following a trend, worst is Maude really? It's fine for an 80 year old but if there wasnt an old lady name trend are you telling me you genuinely like that name? Surnames as first names is a good signal of a parent trying too hard to be cool. Save those names for pets

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I really hate the names:-

Ashley (for boys)

Wesley

Leslie (for boys or girls)
Is Ashley the male spelling? I’ve known a few Ashley’s growing up with a variety of spellings but the only “Ashley”s I know is male.

@keytotruth I think some parents spell names awkward to have something to moan about when the spelling is not what they want, surely it's a given that it's going to happen.

I like Luna for pets.

When I was little there was a girl the same age called Crystal. I remember thinking she was so fancy with a name like that & immediately wished I was called Diamond 🤣 oh to be 5.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.