Names you can’t stand #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know of someone who has called their little boy..... Boi. So so cruel to do that imo. Imagine him running off in Lidl and then screeching "Boi, come here" just terrible. They've set him up for a lifetime of bullying
This girl on youtube, she had her baby at 14, named her baby Babiee. They're not going to be a baby forever, imagine being 40 with the name Babiee!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I don’t like the name Reuben, I know it’s more popular now. Problem being a teacher is you associate names with children. You know like when you see one of them doing a runner from a security guard when you’re out shopping. So proud 😂

Neveah 🤮
Chavvy double barrelled first names usually ending in -Mae or -Lou
Lexie - sounds like a stripper
Tyler
Boys’ full first names being Freddie/Teddy/Archie, it’s cute now but imagine making a CV with that when they’re older 🤦‍♀️
Boys named after the dad who has a chavvy name anyway e.g. Kyle Jr (pronounced JOONYAH)

Anyway, shoot me now 😂
My children aren’t called Freddie:teddy or archie.. we did consider Alfie, but I figure by the time they grow up there will be a lot with endings like that it won’t seem odd to put it on their cv. We have got traditional longer names that can be shortened.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I used to work for a children’s charity and one of the single mums I used to support had a 10 year old girl called Portland who was as butch as Biffa Bacons ma and a 6 year old boy called Elvis who was as camp as Christmas.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I know of someone who has called their little boy..... Boi. So so cruel to do that imo. Imagine him running off in Lidl and then screeching "Boi, come here" just terrible. They've set him up for a lifetime of bullying
I knew a girl called Gail and I thought her dad called her girl/gal which sounded very cold and sexist. After a while I realised he was actually saying Gail and it just sounded weird in his accent :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
A family friend of mine called their child Baine ( the psycho from the batman movie) just why 😫😭

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I know a lady called Bridget. I can’t remember how she spells it, it starts with B and ends with T but has a load of random letters in the middle that definitely do not spell Bridget.

If you ask her she tells you the truth about her name. Her father went to register her birth on his own because her mum was ill. He could not spell whatsoever and just gave it his best shot.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Gracie! Gracie is a nickname why are you giving your child’s nickname as a given name. Imagine introducing yourself as a doctor Gracie or a nurse Gracie or a mortgage advisor Gracie 😂 it would just sound like someone being overly friendly to me before they knew me and creep me out to be honest! Stick with Grace and nickname it Gracie

Reactions: 9
Gracie! Gracie is a nickname why are you giving your child’s nickname as a given name. Imagine introducing yourself as a doctor Gracie or a nurse Gracie or a mortgage advisor Gracie 😂 it would just sound like someone being overly friendly to me before they knew me and creep me out to be honest! Stick with Grace and nickname it Gracie
I think basically all ie ending names are very childish like imagine dr posie or Millie

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh good one. Same with Evie. So. Many. Evie’s. Name the child Eve or Eva ffs!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
This is what I think about all the ie names. They'd be filling in the form like 'so full name is Grace' 'no, Grace-eh!!' 😂

Overheard in Tesco - Bow and his little brother .... Arrow. Dad was yelling at them when they were running up and down the aisles!
I had to check with the assistant stood next to me that I hadn’t misheard! She was struggling to keep a straight face 😄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Wow this is a great thread - names are so, erm, emotive! My main problem with names is just how cringey it is, now I have a son in school, that they’re all called the same thing! The teachers must be sick of having to tell apart 30 Olivia, Amelia, Amelie, Oliver, Isla, Freddy, Millie etc. Although I suppose it could make things easier in some ways - just toss out one of those names and you are probably going to be correct.

Do people purposefully find comfort in choosing the most excruciatingly common names? Like, do they consult the top ten baby names list and choose from there? Or do we think we are being wildly inventive then it gets to five years down the line and they start school and we realise we’ve all been brainwashed into using the same names somehow... I find it fascinating!

Haven’t seen my kids names much on here, though Beatrice was mentioned earlier. I have a Beatrix, with an X on the end, but so many people insist on calling her Beatrice still. Again, so fascinating. So fascinating in fact that I’m starting to feel gaslighted that I must be saying it so it sounds like Beatrice instead of Beatrix 😂😬

Reactions: 14
I knew someone who was dead chuffed because all of their children's names rhymed. They were Megan, Tegan and Regan. How does Megan rhyme with Tegan and Regan, unless they pronounced it Meegan?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.