Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SpiceWeasel

VIP Member
Neveah 🤮
Chavvy double barrelled first names usually ending in -Mae or -Lou
Lexie - sounds like a stripper
Tyler
Boys’ full first names being Freddie/Teddy/Archie, it’s cute now but imagine making a CV with that when they’re older 🤦‍♀️
Boys named after the dad who has a chavvy name anyway e.g. Kyle Jr (pronounced JOONYAH)

Anyway, shoot me now 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
I know of someone who has called their little boy..... Boi. So so cruel to do that imo. Imagine him running off in Lidl and then screeching "Boi, come here" just terrible. They've set him up for a lifetime of bullying

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49

Lurkerqueen1050

Wilby - it’s not a real name Rachaele Shambleton 🤣 Also Rachaele while we’re at it - it’s Rachel or Rachael no need for any other letters.

Niamh pronounced Neev - it makes zero sense.

Siobhan pronounced Shivon - I personally just think it’s a really harsh sounding name but also again SPELLING.

do you see a theme with my issues with names? Haha

It also goes for names like Connor/Conner/Coner/Conor. Why give your kid a name that has a million spellings?

Just to add my name is Rachel so obviously in my mind that is the correct spelling 😂
Late to the thread but this is quite offensive.
Name three Irish names and stating that these names “don’t make sense, sound harsh” and criticising the spellings of them, it is quite xenophobic actually.
Irish names are Irish names, they are not here to be anglicised or to cater to English people. I’m sorry you don’t understand basic differences in language and pronunciation but writing posts like this is quite problematic

• Heart
Reactions: 41

ChloChlo

VIP Member
I also have to add I really don't like those names I associate with weak chinned, middle class people with nut allergies - Rueben, Luca, Angus, Isabelle, Maddison, Arrabella... just nope.

• Haha
Reactions: 39

SoulDestroyer

VIP Member
Overheard in Tesco - Bow and his little brother .... Arrow. Dad was yelling at them when they were running up and down the aisles!
I had to check with the assistant stood next to me that I hadn’t misheard! She was struggling to keep a straight face 😄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

Trixabellee9393

Ok so no offence to anyone but I can’t stand the names alfie because it’s so so common for both baby boys and dogs 😂 also the girls name Olivia I just hate it probably cuz a horrible girl at school was called it 😂 sorry please no one hate me I can’t help it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I know a lady called Bridget. I can’t remember how she spells it, it starts with B and ends with T but has a load of random letters in the middle that definitely do not spell Bridget.

If you ask her she tells you the truth about her name. Her father went to register her birth on his own because her mum was ill. He could not spell whatsoever and just gave it his best shot.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
When people put a name of a relative as a middle name that just doesn't go at all. Like Darcey Brenda Smith (true name)

• Haha
Reactions: 32

HarderFaster

VIP Member
My mum used to teach in a really rough school in Liverpool and one of the kids was called Nefertiti, because her mum was doing the Egyptians at school when she fell pregnant and thought it sounded cool.

I don't think you even need to imagine how bad it sounded in a thick Scouse accent.

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Cáca_Milis

VIP Member
Every generation has it's 'chav' names... In the 70's it was the likes of Wayne, Dwayne, Kevin/Sharon, Tracey, Sue... Now is Kai, Kayden, Jayden, Hayden, Chanese, Kandese, Jaundice, Tyler, .... You get the gist. HATE them ALL .. What's the bets we'll see some "Krona Vyress" type names next year?!

• Haha
Reactions: 31

SilentSue

not sure if I posted this before but there was a baby at a baby group I used to go to about 8years ago - she was called ‘Angel’ but her Mum had spelt it ‘Angle‘ and it was spelt like that on all her documents etc 😆
Reminds me of when people write cringey tributes to people who have died - "Fly high wiv de angles" etc. I always imagine them floating in heaven surrounded by parallelograms and hypotenuse triangles.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Hulahoopsfromthe80s

Renesme and navaeh

I love the sound of Navaeh hate the spelling and the fact it's way over used and always follows with 'its heaven backwards'

• Haha
Reactions: 30

keytotruth

VIP Member
I’m from Essex you can imagine, but from the town I’m from there’s siblings Millie and billy,
Blue,snow and peaches
Princess and precious
Memphis and Presley
And a Dollie-diva

I can’t stand and celeb names that just don’t make sense
Rox
Mexx
Daye

Or what I call chavvy names
Tyler
Riley
Ronnie
Dolcie
Dollie
Lily may Lilly rose lily Ray

Or those who think they are being “different” and it’s mai/mae not May and Rae not Ray

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29

FunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
I was on the brink of choosing the name Clover for my daughter until a friend commented ‘spreads easily’. That put me off a bit.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I’m Irish and some of the traditional names are just ridiculous

meadhbh it’s pronounced maaave like how is anyone that’s not Irish supposed to know how to pronounce that

cádhla ky-la this one isn’t too bad but it’s just impossible pronounce I didn’t even know how to say it before I met someone with this name

dearbhla where do I even begin

cliodhna clean-na why bother with all the letters if we’re just going to ignore them also Cliodhna means shapely 🤦‍♀️

paraic poor-rick just an awful name

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

Belulah

VIP Member
My son has a Na’vayyah in his class, surely defeats the purpose! 🙈🧐

Also, how hard is it when a close friend chooses a name you despise and you have to hide that? A friend of mine has a Dexter and an Otto, both names I hate!
“Her name is Na’vayyah. It’s Hayyav’an backwards”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24