Names you can’t stand #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow you’re all vicious.

but continue here I suppose 😂

unless you have a really tit name that’s been dragged on thread one, should there be a trigger warning for Meghan and Isla. As before, off you duck Meghan and Isla, go sit with Angel and Janice

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Names that are obviously from pop. culture. GoT, Harry Potter names etc.
Boys names on girls. I don't mind unisex names - my 4 yo boy's name is a unisex name that is more commonly used on girls - BUT I can't deal with names like James, Mason etc on girls. Ick.

Reactions: 14
I randomly found this women on instagram and her kids names are just awful she’s got three girls called Tatum Oakley and Halston and and a boy on the way called Oliver

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Renesme and navaeh

I love the sound of Navaeh hate the spelling and the fact it's way over used and always follows with 'its heaven backwards'

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I know of someone who has called their little boy..... Boi. So so cruel to do that imo. Imagine him running off in Lidl and then screeching "Boi, come here" just terrible. They've set him up for a lifetime of bullying

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
I know of someone who has called their little boy..... Boi. So so cruel to do that imo. Imagine him running off in Lidl and then screeching "Boi, come here" just terrible. They've set him up for a lifetime of bullying
I just pissed myself laughing at this 🤦🏼‍♀️🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Is that so he doesn't forget what genitals he has or what 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 2
Ok so no offence to anyone but I can’t stand the names alfie because it’s so so common for both baby boys and dogs 😂 also the girls name Olivia I just hate it probably cuz a horrible girl at school was called it 😂 sorry please no one hate me I can’t help it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Maybe it's his initials? BARRY OSWALD IAN? that's gotta be a better option 🤣😳😭

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Neveah 🤮
Chavvy double barrelled first names usually ending in -Mae or -Lou
Lexie - sounds like a stripper
Tyler
Boys’ full first names being Freddie/Teddy/Archie, it’s cute now but imagine making a CV with that when they’re older 🤦‍♀️
Boys named after the dad who has a chavvy name anyway e.g. Kyle Jr (pronounced JOONYAH)

Anyway, shoot me now 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
My name has been mentioned a few times 😂😂😂 I don’t blame anybody though, I always threatened that my mum I’d change my name when I turned 18!

Names I hate:
Rosabella
Bailey
Harley
Marley
Milo (my ex boyfriends dog was called Milo)
Claire (just reminds me of chocolate eclairs 🤣)
Jax
KELLY!!! It’s one of my middle names. I just think my parents hated me before I even came out the womb 😂
Soooo many more that I can’t think of them now 😂😂😂

I know someone who called their baby girl Cassidy Julia Drew.... give the poor kid a chance 😣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’m Irish and some of the traditional names are just ridiculous

meadhbh it’s pronounced maaave like how is anyone that’s not Irish supposed to know how to pronounce that

cádhla ky-la this one isn’t too bad but it’s just impossible pronounce I didn’t even know how to say it before I met someone with this name

dearbhla where do I even begin

cliodhna clean-na why bother with all the letters if we’re just going to ignore them also Cliodhna means shapely 🤦‍♀️

paraic poor-rick just an awful name

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
When people put a name of a relative as a middle name that just doesn't go at all. Like Darcey Brenda Smith (true name)

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I went to school with a girl called Caledonia :oops:
Had a taxi driver who took great pride in telling us that his daughter is called Khaleesi and there was a story about her in the Daily Mail. I dread to think what the comments on that article were like 🙈 also heard of a girl called Pocahontas :LOL:
The newest member of my family is called Otto. I'm still a bit 'wtf?' about that 🧐
And I would add my own name but it's already been mentioned a few times :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I went to school with a girl called Caledonia :oops:
Had a taxi driver who took great pride in telling us that his daughter is called Khaleesi and there was a story about her in the Daily Mail. I dread to think what the comments on that article were like 🙈 also heard of a girl called Pocahontas :LOL:
The newest member of my family is called Otto. I'm still a bit 'wtf?' about that 🧐
And I would add my own name but it's already been mentioned a few times :ROFLMAO:
My youngest son has a girl in his class named Khaleesi, parents should have finished GoT before naming their child after the mad queen 🙈

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
When people put a name of a relative as a middle name that just doesn't go at all. Like Darcey Brenda Smith (true name)
my husband wanted our daughters middle name to be Ruth, after his gran. Which is fine really but we were dead set on Thea already and Thea Ruth is just awful.

• Haha
The spelling of my name raises a few eyebrows, however I prefer it to the traditional (or to quote my mother, boring 🤣) spelling.

I'm not a fan of calling children by names commonly given to dogs/ cats - ie Digby, Sadie, Sheba, Felix. Or colour names, especially when you end up with a whole family of Blue, Scarlett, Ruby, Violet, Jade, etc.

One of the worst names I've heard is a boy at my son's school who is called Blade. After the Wesley Snipes film apparently...

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.