Nadia Sawalha - Four different dinners and MARK

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
try
They focus on so much negativity. All the How to Stay Married videos of them over analysing their marriage. So many people comment that they are over thinking things. I used to find them draining to watch. They sit there and relentlessly disect everything in their relationship over and over. Not healthy at all. I used to watch sometimes and actually feel sorry for Nadia because I think he brings her down and emotionally abuses her. He loves to talk about himself and shows huge traits of a conversational narcissist.
[/QUOTE]

they are both classic 'victim persecutor rescuer' stuck on the non stop drama triangle

Reactions: 5
Yesterday's weekend vlog was a classic example of what a charlatan Nadia is when it come to cooking. She makes a "pan granola" like none of their subs could work out how to do that themselves? But what was more of an issue was how she sounds so authoritative about each ingredient. Coconut milk yoghurt is low in protein but she claimed it was giving her all this extra protein for her breakfast, and then she throws in flaxmeal claiming it will give her "all the omegas" whereas pre ground flax seeds give you none of that as flax spoils pretty soon after being ground. I don't think she even mentioned fibre once which is what the whole dish literally had the most of. I understand probably not one of the subs will ever make what she made, but being ignorant about those basic ingredients just irked me. Oh, and the camera work from Mark was all over the place. 🙄

Reactions: 9
She's definitely not as knowledgeable as she thinks when it comes to nutrients.
A lot of the ingredients she uses are way out of people's price brackets.
Jars of seeds and stuff that Mark bought her that must have cost a fortune.
She dumps a lot of food in the bin that has gone off in the fridge too and how many times has she cooked and said we have to get rid of this we can't eat it. Dreadful waste.

Yes, the food waste is disgusting. Several times I've seen Kiki pour a plate of food straight in the bin and when Nadia does a big roast they leave all the leftovers out overnight so it's all chucked in the bin the next day. Never mind it's probably 2 or 3 more meals worth of food. Seen the same food waste with other Youtubers so I just roll my eyes when they want to talk about saving the planet.

I don't think she is all that with the cooking at all. Her new cookery show has other people cooking the food for her before the show is recorded.
Her children won't touch veg either which I find strange as she claims to be such a foodie. She's obsessed about weight - I heard the first 5 minutes of her podcast where she comments how pretty she thought she was when she was younger with a movie star figure; that if she had that figure now she'd be inundated with offers and would be up their with the Kardashians.😂😂 I couldn't be bothered to listen on anymore especially because 10 minutes into a vlog I had to listen to 3 ads - reminded me why I unsubscribed from their channel.

Reactions: 8
I’m sorry but if nanny Di was my mum I’d take her door to door,no dropping off at train station just to do that ridiculous sad music. Makes me wonder if they’d see her as much if it weren’t for the vlogs because people really like nanny Di.
Having read the comments I obviously had to check out Mark's vlog. Did he do this on the advice of their social media advisor I wonder? I'm surprised it hasn't been flagged on YT. I don't know what to make of it because I have seen them act in such a muniplitive way all too often now that I can't see past that anymore. He must be incredibly draining to live with and it must have such a huge detrimental affect on his girls. I noticed that the viewing numbers look low considering the subs they have, I think people are checking out and is it any wonder?

Like you say there are people mentioning their well being and mental health issues on their page, they actively encourage people to write very personal things about themselves on their comment section just so they can benefit from the engagement/traffic to their site. It feels so calculated and wrong that they are using people like this - encouraging people who also have addictions to pay for their membership is also worrying because they know once these people are hooked they will be so addicted and emotionally invested they will pay anything. Surely ITV/Loose Women should investigate what Nadia is doing because she represents them and this looks awful.
Maybe that was the reasoning behind the channel name change. 'Sawalha Adderley Family' distances them from ITV/Loose Women?

Reactions: 4
Skimmed through the weekend vlog but I noticed Mark seems to frequently mention recording for their "Sunday show" So basically these normal vlogs are now there to just plug their paid membership channel. Some more comments that people thought it was unfair but staight away deleted. Mark still dominating the vlogging with his sweaty faced close ups. So boring, same old same old.

It's not going to be long before more and more subs will see through them
We all loved them at the start, we still love dear Nanny Di
It's a sad state if affairs that they need to beg for £1.99 from the public to keep Mark happy in his so called "job"
Nadia said as much herself in her reply to a comment, the charge is for marks mental health and wellness...

Unbelievable!!
It took me a while to see through them, or not see through them, but realise that they could see $$ could be made from You Tube and started changing. I loved Nadia and Kaye, then started watching Nadia and Mark. I used to think he was a nice enough guy, but a good while before xmas he really started losing the plot...or maybe that's just when I noticed it. His love of seeing his own face in front of the camera is really off putting. His craziness over vlogmas was so annoying I couldn't watch for the most part, and I'm pretty easygoing. And now this £1.99 charge to watch and become a 'family guest' gimme a break. Straw that broke the camels back for me. We know how youtube works, how money is made on there guys. I unsubscribed from their youtube/Insta yesterday.
A bit like their house, garden etc, their vlogs are becoming the same, all over the place, thanks in the main, to Mark. Too many vlogs, and as a result the content is getting worse. I Like when Dina is there, and Teddy and Betty, and like Nanny Di too, but not the performing monkey Mark makes her. I'd imagine if he gave her more than 2 seconds to speak she might have some great stories to tell. I didn't mind missing the Sunday show as had already got a bit bored with Marks silly faces etc, so wasn't watching as often, but I can see how lots of subs were disappointed and feel left out. Mark and Nadia miss that point, and keep harping on about how all the vlogs that were free are still free...but from what I've read here they keep talking about the sunday show on vlogs and insta posts...way to make people feel left out guys. It's thoughtless at best.
Anyway, it's nice to have a place to express this stuff as I was an avid watcher of them for years and used to really enjoy their vlogs. Happily, I follow other vloggers so will never be short of things to watch. I also have a life! In case anyone thinks I watch youtube all night :eek::ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It took me a while to see through them, or not see through them, but realise that they could see $$ could be made from You Tube and started changing. I loved Nadia and Kaye, then started watching Nadia and Mark. I used to think he was a nice enough guy, but a good while before xmas he really started losing the plot...or maybe that's just when I noticed it. His love of seeing his own face in front of the camera is really off putting. His craziness over vlogmas was so annoying I couldn't watch for the most part, and I'm pretty easygoing. And now this £1.99 charge to watch and become a 'family guest' gimme a break. Straw that broke the camels back for me. We know how youtube works, how money is made on there guys. I unsubscribed from their youtube/Insta yesterday.
A bit like their house, garden etc, their vlogs are becoming the same, all over the place, thanks in the main, to Mark. Too many vlogs, and as a result the content is getting worse. I Like when Dina is there, and Teddy and Betty, and like Nanny Di too, but not the performing monkey Mark makes her. I'd imagine if he gave her more than 2 seconds to speak she might have some great stories to tell. I didn't mind missing the Sunday show as had already got a bit bored with Marks silly faces etc, so wasn't watching as often, but I can see how lots of subs were disappointed and feel left out. Mark and Nadia miss that point, and keep harping on about how all the vlogs that were free are still free...but from what I've read here they keep talking about the sunday show on vlogs and insta posts...way to make people feel left out guys. It's thoughtless at best.
Anyway, it's nice to have a place to express this stuff as I was an avid watcher of them for years and used to really enjoy their vlogs. Happily, I follow other vloggers so will never be short of things to watch. I also have a life! In case anyone thinks I watch youtube all night :eek::ROFLMAO:
Hi Vaddict, that's how I feel, I'm new too, very happy to have found this site. I watch all sorts on YouTube, love it, better than the tv. Nadia wants votes for Loose Women to win a tv award now. I've watched a few clips but certainly wouldn't vote for it, boring show with some awful presenters.

Welcome @Vaddict I have been watching various things on YouTube for years, I think we have all been suckered in by Mark and Nadia at one point. I used to like their vlogs but like you over the christmas period I'd had enough. At first I used to think Mark was okay, he came across as quite charming but I soon realised it was all a facade. He is apparently taking a step back from his other commitments to take on YT full time. I would never vote for Loose Women, it's had its day.

That's interesting, @Grace Kelly. I am pretty sure that he currently has no other commitments. Who would hire him, especially if they'd seen their YT videos? I unsubscribed months ago but I still occasionally watch. I clicked on the latest vlog last night and in that one he actually said 'you guys need to stay subscribed forever because 10-20 years from now I might relapse and everyone will want to see that!' Mmm. madness.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
One of the reasons Nadia and Julia fell out is because when Nadia and Mark got married, Julia was dating Alan Davies but they didn't want it to be publicised. Even though they knew this photos of the pair together were taken at the wedding and apparently Alan was furious! They once spoke about it in a video but were a bit shifty!

She's definitely not as knowledgeable as she thinks when it comes to nutrients.
A lot of the ingredients she uses are way out of people's price brackets.
Jars of seeds and stuff that Mark bought her that must have cost a fortune.
She dumps a lot of food in the bin that has gone off in the fridge too and how many times has she cooked and said we have to get rid of this we can't eat it. Dreadful waste.
God knows how much that blueberry powder costs!!

Yesterday's weekend vlog was a classic example of what a charlatan Nadia is when it come to cooking. She makes a "pan granola" like none of their subs could work out how to do that themselves? But what was more of an issue was how she sounds so authoritative about each ingredient. Coconut milk yoghurt is low in protein but she claimed it was giving her all this extra protein for her breakfast, and then she throws in flaxmeal claiming it will give her "all the omegas" whereas pre ground flax seeds give you none of that as flax spoils pretty soon after being ground. I don't think she even mentioned fibre once which is what the whole dish literally had the most of. I understand probably not one of the subs will ever make what she made, but being ignorant about those basic ingredients just irked me. Oh, and the camera work from Mark was all over the place. 🙄
I agree and considering she tries to come across like she eats healthy and knows her stuff and can cook, how come her daughters seem to eat nothing but pasta, chips, burgers, pringles, cheap cake and fizzy drinks!

Last edited:
@pleasesavenannydi
Omg! What an unbelievable thing for him to say 🤯
I'm guessing he followed it up with, I'm joking or no wait I bet he used some big high-fluting word that left his adoring subs in awe of his intellect!
😏🙄😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I agree and considering she tries to come across like she eats healthy and knows her stuff and can cook, how come her daughters seem to eat nothing but pasta, chips, burgers, pringles, cheap cake and fizzy drinks!
Yup, and they all eat what they fancy to order which is why I started this thread in the first place. Nadia would cook FOUR different meals. With chips on the side for the girls. Insanity!

Reactions: 7
Hi Vaddict, that's how I feel, I'm new too, very happy to have found this site. I watch all sorts on YouTube, love it, better than the tv. Nadia wants votes for Loose Women to win a tv award now. I've watched a few clips but certainly wouldn't vote for it, boring show with some awful presenters.

LS as a show needs to end, its out of touch and out of date with its middle aged(mostly) presenters, awful show, they are so biased

Reactions: 6
I was watching a programme on mental health on channel 4 in the uk. A girl reminded me of Kiki, and had bursts of extreme anxiety which overloaded Similar to In the vlogs when kiki got a puppy, or when Kiki thought she was dying of spicey noodle challenge. In the doc it turned out the girl had autistic spectrum disorder. I wonder if this is what kiki has. It seems like Maddie could have coped in school but Kiki would have found it difficult, and because she’s homeschooled her symptoms are less noticeable By the parents. Her obsession with stranger things is beyond typical. I’m not an expert, it’s just a theory.

Reactions: 10
I was watching a programme on mental health on channel 4 in the uk. A girl reminded me of Kiki, and had bursts of extreme anxiety which overloaded Similar to In the vlogs when kiki got a puppy, or when Kiki thought she was dying of spicey noodle challenge. In the doc it turned out the girl had autistic spectrum disorder. I wonder if this is what kiki has. It seems like Maddie could have coped in school but Kiki would have found it difficult, and because she’s homeschooled her symptoms are less noticeable By the parents. Her obsession with stranger things is beyond typical. I’m not an expert, it’s just a theory.
I also think that her over-exposure to lots of shows, films, etc, that have been inappropriate at a young age, and at a level that someone at the age of Kiki doesn't understand is what causes so much of her anxiety. And also living in such a manic household can't help. I also wonder if just the simple things like 'having your own choice of food every day and your mum cooking whatever you want' plays into the anxiety... kids like to be directed at times.. they need adults to make the choices for them.

I always got the impression Maddie lived off frozen chips. Nadia is always on some new food/drink fad. I am never sure if that is to impress the followers or to gain more followers I can't tell. She always telling her subs she is trying out new recipes..... that they never get to see.

@pleasesavenannydi yes, I did wonder what those other commitments could be? I think it must be the meetings in London which we know are really AA meetings.

So if everyone votes for Loose Women, Nadia is going to do something scary. Yawn. 😴 We are still waiting for them to cook at 2x subs houses that they promised but when the "competition" was over they went radio silent.

@pleasesavenannydi
Omg! What an unbelievable thing for him to say 🤯
I'm guessing he followed it up with, I'm joking or no wait I bet he used some big high-fluting word that left his adoring subs in awe of his intellect!
😏🙄😂
I had to go back and see how he ended it! It immediately cut to 'the next day' so there was no commentary on such an idiotic statement.

I always got the impression Maddie lived off frozen chips. Nadia is always on some new food/drink fad. I am never sure if that is to impress the followers or to gain more followers I can't tell. She always telling her subs she is trying out new recipes..... that they never get to see.

@pleasesavenannydi yes, I did wonder what those other commitments could be? I think it must be the meetings in London which we know are really AA meetings.

So if everyone votes for Loose Women, Nadia is going to do something scary. Yawn. 😴 We are still waiting for them to cook at 2x subs houses that they promised but when the "competition" was over they went radio silent.
@Grace Kelly, I truly hope that he is going to AA meetings, but omg if he is, then I really don't think they're helping him

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.