Nadia Sawalha #59 Vlogmas 22: Hardly cinematic & v melodramatic; mostly 24 days lugging crap to the attic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After watching it I actually felt ever so slightly sorry for Mark and I don’t like to admit that. She is clearly leading the spider up the hoover pipe here and it’s cruel. Sometimes she says these things in front of a camera so that he can’t kick off but maybe that’s the same for him too?

Either way is wasn’t nice to watch. He clearly looks upset about it all and she couldn’t care less. She’s an actress after all.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
It does make you wonder why he acts like a silly kid most of the time and he must be affected living in such a controlling marriage. She completely dominates him and it is a strange relationship, he does seem happier when he is with his mother or his daughter and nit is so fake on LW when she makes out they are so happy. From what we see of them at home it's far from happy they seem to hate each other.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
he does seem happier when he is with his mother or his daughter
he says to her at one point that him and maddie are a clique, and she fails to acknowledge or respond to that. she cann't stand the sense anyone thinks anyone is more wonderful that her

How self indulgent is that, who wants to listen to all their problems? She isn't listening to him at all, she excuses all her behaviour to talk over him. Is it really worth not having a proper job, to sit at home all day and be controlled like he is? She is coming across nastier than ever. I couldn't watch it all, as much as I dislike him he doesn't have it as easy putting up with her. I wonder if that is why Di calls around so much when its clear nits doesn't want her there, she does it for her son.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
she excuses all her behaviour to talk over him.
I feel that we're being a little unfair. Nadia Sawalha is kindness personified, in spite of her ADHD. #AskJulia :sneaky: This whole HTSM shenanigans is an act of service for her handful of viewers. 😂 Really, it is. It's a shame she's such a useless actress. In this 'episode', the simmering rage that underpins their sorry relationship is sadly, as a Curly Cook from Croydon might say: "on the bubble."

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yet again Nanky on the receiving end 🙄 and any sort of issue raised to Nitwit is all down to her ADHD🙄
Not happy bunnies 🤣

I would love a professional to give their opinion on this horror show of simmering hate. He was acting almost like an adult ,interestingly.

I couldn't watch much but when she was moaning about him being irritated when she's listening to podcasts she goes on about how she gets bored doing all the shopping, putting food away, cleaning the kitchen and cooking " the FIVE different meals " !!
I get that she is probably a control freak in the kitchen but how useless are the rest of the family 😲.

Reactions: 13
She gets bored doing all the shopping, putting food away, cleaning the kitchen and cooking " the FIVE different meals " !!
This is an oft-repeated fantasy that Nadia Sawalha constructed when she returned to LW ten years ago. I think she actually believes it; the same way she prefers to feed her gut with 30 varieties of sprouted seeds rather than MaccyDs and rossssay. However, her Youtube channel has blown a huge hole in the whole façade:
  • shopping - the house enuch does it.
  • putting food away - now and again. Clap for Nadia, everyone!
  • cleaning the kitchen - no comment
  • and cooking" the FIVE different meals" 😂 😂 😂 - Outside of her selfless #taxdeductible cooking for the YouTube channel, everything else they eat arrives at the South Norwood slum on the back of a bike.
Mark Adderley is not a TV / film director, he's unemployed and unemployable. Oh, and they hate each other. Nadia Sawalha is a joke.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Rather worryingly, I can’t get that podcast out of my mind. Sadly, I watched it before bed… never a good idea.

Mark genuinely looked uncomfortable, sad, lonely and bullied in this HTSM. I think that she uses these 30 min segments to being up everything about him that she is unhappy about as she’s aware he can’t throw a wobbly in front of the subs. When at the end they say I love you, I felt sick. Love isn’t any of the things they discussed.

Clearly, she is unhappy to be the main bread winner and general dogsbody but it was interesting that she says that she puts her ears on and he dislikes it. She knows that he isn’t always working when he’s on the computer but she plays along. Very distressing to be entirely honest.

---

Also, I’m concerned that I felt sorry for him as I’m constantly on the fence with these pair. One minute I feel for her, then him! Why do I struggle so much? Any ideas?

Reactions: 6
Rather worryingly, I can’t get that podcast out of my mind. Sadly, I watched it before bed… never a good idea.

Mark genuinely looked uncomfortable, sad, lonely and bullied in this HTSM. I think that she uses these 30 min segments to being up everything about him that she is unhappy about as she’s aware he can’t throw a wobbly in front of the subs. When at the end they say I love you, I felt sick. Love isn’t any of the things they discussed.

Clearly, she is unhappy to be the main bread winner and general dogsbody but it was interesting that she says that she puts her ears on and he dislikes it. She knows that he isn’t always working when he’s on the computer but she plays along. Very distressing to be entirely honest.

---

Also, I’m concerned that I felt sorry for him as I’m constantly on the fence with these pair. One minute I feel for her, then him! Why do I struggle so much? Any ideas?
I think most of us waver in our dislike ,irritation and pity between the two .
I mean I find him so useless,childish and annoying I pity anyone who lives with him and his self pitying moods and his pretend job pissing about on his phone .
But beneath her shiny,bubbly,earth mother tv persona lies a deeply unhappy, bitter,dishonest and nasty woman who also must be hell to live with.
Pretend all they like but to me it comes across as toxic and sadly they have attempted to bring up children in this environment. I reckon they would have split up years ago without the children and maybe found a better path.

Last edited:
  • Heart
I feel very sorry for Mark here. She is awful to him in his podcast and it is borderline psychopathic that she would want this recorded and released to the general public. If you were truly in a loving relationship would you want a 45 rant about your other half to be online?

Anytime he attempts to make the slightest criticism of her she completely dismisses it, classic DARVO behaviour. He just accepts it all and apologises as a victim would. She is so confident in herself that she never see any wrongdoing on her side but is quick to point out the faults of others. Must be impossible to live with.

Did she just marry him in an attempt to please her parents because they would frown upon a child out of wedlock?
I think I can recall her saying he didn’t propose.
Anyway on any given day one can be as annoying as the other.
I think they are at a huge crossroads
Nitty can’t afford to bring all that chaos of fighting and jealousy etc into her sixties for fear of a stroke
He will probably go through a crisis not wanting to be married to a pensioner and his head will turn maybe with some wee shiny girl he’ll meet at an art gallery who just goes along with everything he thinks and says 😊 then he can relive his youth which is always in the forefront of his mind leaving him no space to live in the present
Relationships are very difficult these days, especially when you have two people with huge egos and lots of regrets.
He’s probably trying to salt some money away to make his escape being a kept man is not all it’s cracked up to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Helen Bohham Carter has told how playing axed Crossroads star Noele Gorden was a dream role.
She then joked her next role could be in Eastenders.
Manky would wet his pants if that ever happened, she could play an aged Annie Palmer. :) :) :)

• Haha
The subs were saying Nadia reminded them of the Mum out of “Bless this house”
An exorcism would be more in line with their squealing antics
She looks like Janine Duvitski the Benidorm actress who played the sex mad Jaqueline. (can't post pic on this devise if someone can help).

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Omg, just watching their latest HTSM .... I think this makes me dislike Nadia EVEN MORE!! She's SO vile. She flips everything around so that she doesn't have any accountability AT ALL. And she's SO aggressive 😳 if this is her just reenacting snippets of her behaviour, omg, she must be a freaking psycho in real life!!
She's a queen of manipulation. She justifies her abuse (yes, Nadia, abuse!) of her family by complimenting them during her tirade in order to disarm them.
She would be a great study in sociopathy and how it manifests in familial relationships 😳😳😳

• Heart
Absolutely spot on. I’m seriously enraged over this HTSM now. I hate giving him any credit but how on earth did he sit through that?

He was like a 5 year old at nursery being talked to by the head mistress. Now I think about it again, I do think that he believes he loves her but really he has walked into the trap. He is as trapped as anyone can be by an abusive partner. There relationship is so very toxic. I could have cried for him watching it. I really don’t like him but it was uncomfortable to watch. God only knows how their house must feel on a day to day basis.

At a guess I’d say he’s constantly trying to get her attention and she is wishing she could dump him without it costing her money and her name. Image is very important to her. And finally, what does he have on her?

Omg, just watching their latest HTSM .... I think this makes me dislike Nadia EVEN MORE!! She's SO vile. She flips everything around so that she doesn't have any accountability AT ALL. And she's SO aggressive 😳 if this is her just reenacting snippets of her behaviour, omg, she must be a freaking psycho in real life!!
She's a queen of manipulation. She justifies her abuse (yes, Nadia, abuse!) of her family by complimenting them during her tirade in order to disarm them.
She would be a great study in sociopathy and how it manifests in familial relationships 😳😳😳

• Heart
Reactions: 12
as a Curly Cook from Croydon might say: "on the bubble."
or alternatively, "the vegetables are sweating"

The subs were saying Nadia reminded them of the Mum out of “Bless this house”
An exorcism would be more in line with their squealing antics
I think they confused by the fact that she reminds them of someone in bless this house and assume its the woman, when she's actually more like sid james in drag (which mank does actually say to her of sorts some times)

one thing to notice about HTSM, is that whenever it starts getting critical of her, she refers to the audience and becomes aware of them, thus deflecting the issue. She's very happy to hang out his dirty laundry, but far less keen on her hers.

He is as trapped as anyone can be by an abusive partner. There relationship is so very toxic.
if you actually think of the blueprint of an abusive relationship- person ends up cut off from their friends, their original employment, the partner focuses on them being mentally ill/deficient, controls their diet and behaviour- nadia far more resembles the abuser than he does.

Last edited:
Mark mentioned a couple of things that I would say are massive red flags.

When he asks Nadia what her plans are for a certain day she flies off the handle, and if he asks her what her loud, dramatic, animated phone conversation was about she tells him, "it's none of your business"!! Omfg! Wow 😲

There are no secrets in my marriage, I regularly ask my other half what his plans are and what his conversations were about if it's clearly concerning to him, and he NEVER tells me it's none of my business and vice versa. IT IS my business when our blended family is concerned or our friends.
Also we know each others passwords to everything.
M & N have such a dysfunctional relationship it's mind boggling.
She's the abuser, controller and manipulator.
If Mark reads this, I'd strongly advise him to get marriage guidance from someone that isn't his own controlling wife!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.