Nadia Sawalha #57 Losing Subs Day By Day, Buying Their Membership Is The Only Way.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Controversial I know
But I think the odd glass of wine would calm him down, cheer him up and make him feel less like a prisoner
Can you imagine him telling her he will leave if she drinks another drop
I know full well that alcoholism is a ā€œdifferent kettle of ball gamesā€ but his life seems cushy but truly miserable at the same time, itā€™s like heā€™s in jail
I know people his age who are practicing alcoholics and they arenā€™t as miserable as him
Give the fella a few baileys ffs itā€™s near Christmas he couldnā€™t be in a worse state than he is now.
He lusts after the stuff, talks about it constantly if she said ok then heā€™d be necking it.
If it was me Iā€™d rather die happy instead of that continual moping about face like a wet weekend
Heā€™s probably gonna die anyway of the stress of not having it
Sorry if this offends anyone with alcoholism in their family
Itā€™s just like Catchphrase ā€¦.. say what you see

Reactions: 15
If he started drinking again I don't think he would go to pubs ect it would just be at home anyway ...come on Mark get back on it šŸ¤£( sorry if it offends anyone)

I think he's secretly drinking anyway but come out the closet Mark and don't hide it no more

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Controversial I know
But I think the odd glass of wine would calm him down, cheer him up and make him feel less like a prisoner
I know full well that alcoholism is a ā€œdifferent kettle of ball gamesā€ but his life seems cushy but truly miserable at the same time, itā€™s like heā€™s in jail
I know people his age who are practicing alcoholics and they arenā€™t as miserable as him
Give the fella a few baileys ffs itā€™s near Christmas he couldnā€™t be in a worse state than he is now.
He lusts after the stuff, talks about it constantly if she said ok then heā€™d be necking it.
If it was me Iā€™d rather die happy instead of that continual moping about face like a wet weekend
Your post hasn't offended me in the slightest.

I genuinely struggle to understand his constant need to mention alcohol. The rambling posts, the pictures, what is he trying to do?
I have real empathy for anyone in recovery, but sadly i just don't feel that for him. He's playing people for fools and it all smacks of attention seeking and i'm not buying any of it.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I donā€™t believe heā€™s sober, he talks about alcohol that much he canā€™t possibly be tee total. No other sober person Iā€™ve ever met is as obsessed as he is, only those who still use alcohol go on like he does.
ex drug addicts donā€™t take pictures of themselves hugging joints, ex sex addicts donā€™t take pictures of themselves hugging sex workers, etc etcā€¦. You get the picture.

if I were a recovering addict he is the LAST person Iā€™d want around me, he would drive anyone to relapse.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
that's Nigella's recipe, I made that cake years ago from her How to Eat book (20 years ago) which Nigella admitted that is was a copy of Claudia Roden's Orange and Almond cake, its more of a pudding really as it has no flour - so shes ripped that off and trying to make out its hers
and you do have to boil the oranges for about 2 hours!!
I agree, I have made the Nigella version too, and it is lovely. I now put the oranges in the microwave to shorten the time

Reactions: 5
Controversial I know
I really don't think full on abstinence is the way to live with alcoholism (unless for medical reasons, e.g. liver on its last legs). He could have 3 or 4 beers at social occasions and have Nitty remove all access to other alcohol for him after that. Three glasses of wine of an evening, a couple of nights a week, if he starts drinking later in the evening, he will naturally fall asleep after a few glasses.

He seems to really miss the social and enjoyable element of drinking. He also seems to be replacing alcohol with another drug, caffeine.

Reactions: 6
I have to share as Iā€™m still traumatised. Last night I had a sex dream about Mank šŸ˜«
I was in that grotty bedroom of theirs and we heard Nitty come home.
She wasnā€™t bothered in the slightest.

Iā€™ve scrubbed myself clean this morning and have decided never to go to sleep again. I canā€™t risk it šŸ˜«

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
I donā€™t believe heā€™s sober, he talks about alcohol that much he canā€™t possibly be tee total. No other sober person Iā€™ve ever met is as obsessed as he is, only those who still use alcohol go on like he does.
ex drug addicts donā€™t take pictures of themselves hugging joints, ex sex addicts donā€™t take pictures of themselves hugging sex workers, etc etcā€¦. You get the picture.

if I were a recovering addict he is the LAST person Iā€™d want around me, he would drive anyone to relapse.
I don't know many who were previously alcoholics, but the ones I know just basically act like it doesn't exist. It's not an option for them. It doesn't belong in their lives anymore, and it's like they're just not interested. It would worry me if someone was soooo interested in it. Like I know I don't even think about it myself usually, unless someone offers me a glass.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
yes most people with long years of sobriety say that its the best thing they ever did, and change their lives, him, 17 years later still acts as though he has only just stopped. he just cannot get over that he has had to stop

Reactions: 21
I really don't think full on abstinence is the way to live with alcoholism (unless for medical reasons, e.g. liver on its last legs). He could have 3 or 4 beers at social occasions and have Nitty remove all access to other alcohol for him after that. Three glasses of wine of an evening, a couple of nights a week, if he starts drinking later in the evening, he will naturally fall asleep after a few glasses.

He seems to really miss the social and enjoyable element of drinking. He also seems to be replacing alcohol with another drug, caffeine.
Three or four drinks is never an option for an alcoholic. They'll start having more somehow or other no matter how many precautions are taken. Sneaking a bottle of spirits into the home and having a sneaky swig of that along with the beer etc. It just doesn't work for an alcy to have one or two.

I think they're stuck in a relationship with emotional blackmail. She'll leave if he ever drinks and he'll do harm to himself if she ever leaves. He mentions alcohol all the time, in my opinion, to remind her of all he's given up because 'he loves her so much'. That's why he has to continually say how much fun he had when drinking - she took all his fun away. Couldn't give it up for his children but gave it up for her. Not buying that. He, like all addicts, gave it up for himself which is the only way. At the stage he gave up alcohol he had three kids by three women (the third being Nadia) and he wasn't making any way near enough to support them and himself. He'd also had a fright through his drunk driving. He gave up alcohol to keep her, not because of some overwhelming love, but because he knew the likelihood of meeting someone else who'd take a fella with three kids in three different homes was extremely unlikely. I also think he liked that she was a 'celebrity' and knew he could live off her. I'm not saying they don't love each other, pretty sure they do, but it's a very unhealthy set-up.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Has Ashley had his begging bowl out for the birthday presents yet?
Yeah, something nice for them to chuck into a corner of their tip of a garden šŸ˜¬ Oh, and I DO hope he makes an IG post gushing about qualities that Mark doesn't possess as though he had swallowed and shat out a thesaurus šŸ™„ šŸ˜¬

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Itā€™s Nadiaā€™s birthday tomorrow, Iā€™m looking forward to slagging off his fake over the top insta essay that heā€™ll write for everyone elseā€™s benefit. šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Itā€™s Nadiaā€™s birthday tomorrow, Iā€™m looking forward to slagging off his fake over the top insta essay that heā€™ll write for everyone elseā€™s benefit. šŸ˜‚
Omg, me too. Over egging the pudding to desperately try to convince his audience, and to compensate for the fact he doesn't believe any of the things he's saying šŸ˜† he's so obvious!

"To my funny, smelly, curly, shiny, scaly, fluffy, itchy, spongy, crumbly, cold, warm, moist, dry wife.... you are the pine to my forest and the carpet to my footwell"

Or words to that effect šŸ˜‰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.