Nadia Sawalha #12 - 12345 went to Cornwall on our drive. 6789 broke lockdown rules again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From companies house...I’m thinking the Loose Women salary gets routed through Mark’s Ltd company...it reduces tax...quite normal for ‘entertainers’ to do this.
I'd take that with a pinch of salt as the accounts are unaudited.

My thoughts on their financials: the accounts are quite sloppy - they have staff costs, but the disclosure note says they don't have any staff, which is not possible. Even if Nadia were working as a contractor, that wouldn't be classified as a staff cost.

Also, the 'profit' figure doesn't mean the £76k is theirs for the taking.

Yes, they have £76k profit. But they've only paid themselves £25k in salary, and have left a profit to then suffer corporation tax. Why would they do that - just pay corporation tax for no reason? Surely they'd take out as much salary as possible? Why would they want to retain a profit? If they take it out as salary next year, they're then paying income tax on top of the corporation tax from the year before.

The answer? They don't have enough cash to pay out any more than they already have - they have £26k of 'current assets' (let's assume all cash) and £25k of creditors (money they owe).

They've taken out all the money they can (£25k in salary) and left enough to cover what they owe. Their salary is down from £50k in the prior year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Anyone else having anxiety attacks about the mess they would have made in that lovely kitchen? Then again we may never get to see the carnage.😃

• Haha
Reactions: 5
yes she does, it all goes through as dog house - she has not cmpany in her
name other that this one
i run my own little business so have an insight in how all this works
its practially what she earns from LW - be interesting to see what they earn next year when they put their accounts through
Yeah, the filing deadline is 9 months after year end, so we won't find out until June/July next year.

Reactions: 4
She says she made those scones

Lies, more lies!
Unless I’ve misunderstood it, she’s saying on that ‘scone-insta-post‘ that she made these scones for the No Name Sunday Show?
The post kinda insinuates that she maybe made them Sunday past?
Anyway... that picture was taken in Cornwall as it’s not her kitchen but the one at Nanplough Farm where they stayed.
That apron was on the door in the photo of Maddie & Paddy on their jolly holibobs.
Sooooo, no way would she have baked them when Cornwall sells the best scones this side of the Yukon river.
She may have opened a jar of jam and a packet of clotted cream to plop on top though, so technically, she’s a master chef. 🙄
Not even her bloody pinny.
Like she’d pack a beautifully laundered and pressed pinky for a trip away. She can’t even pack clean clothes.
IT WAS ALREADY THERE PEEPS.
Oh my god she is bare faced lying, definitely says she made them. ..how gullible does she think people are!... mind you some of them commenting believe her! .

Great post 👏👏

Reactions: 7
A while back during a live, someone asked her if she whitened her teeth: she said no, but I think that’s another lie as they are whiter nowadays than in this video. Who cares actually, because her teeth are perfectly lovely few years back, but I believe she does whiten them and has lied about it. Why ?
There were a few videos last year where she clearly had veneers on. It looked like a long piece of white chewing gum stuck to her teeth as there was actually no teeth shapes, Just brilliant zingy white light!😬

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What’s happened to the newly decorated bathroom ?
Why haven’t we got a Mark being supprized by bathroom video?
where’s the Utube plaque ?
And did the subs get their Xmas cards ?
When is Mark doing the pregnancy thing ?
I have literally come to find this website today, as ashamed to say I got sucked in as a long time YT follower, and a 6 month subscriber, but am naive and literally thought I was going crazy listening to it all. Have unsubscribed and stopped paying

So will add to the above list, before I go back and read all the threads

When Nadia did the Copafeel thing, and got the sponsors, did they ever do the visits to the sponsors who won, for Nadia to cook in their kitchen?

I have noticed the latest comp, when they were opening the winners for the personal visit with a book, Nadia wanted a winner in Scotland, so they could do a trip on expenses obviously

I will add to the list, but so happy to have found you all. Sorry if these have already been mentioned, but have a lot of threads to catch up on!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
@Seeking clarity ....

They film lots well in advance (2wks or so).. Perhaps this is one of the ways members will see parts of Cornwall in upcoming vlogs - it will be in Sunday show (2/08) .. plus as they filmed there/Hello feature the part they paid for (remember; they got it 'cheap' aka *partly gifted*) will be claimed as a business expense.

I have literally come to find this website today, as ashamed to say I got sucked in as a long time YT follower, and a 6 month subscriber, but am naive and literally thought I was going crazy listening to it all. Have unsubscribed and stopped paying

When Nadia did the Copafeel thing, and got the sponsors, did they ever do the visits to the sponsors who won, for Nadia to cook in their kitchen?

I have noticed the latest comp, when they were opening the winners for the personal visit with a book, Nadia wanted a winner in Scotland, so they could do a trip on expenses obviously

I will add to the list, but so happy to have found you all. Sorry if these have already been mentioned, but have a lot of threads to catch up on!
Welcome 👋

What’s happened to the newly decorated bathroom ?
Why haven’t we got a Mark being supprized by bathroom video?
where’s the Utube plaque ?
And did the subs get their Xmas cards ?
When is Mark doing the pregnancy thing ?
Someone please please post if you can!!+++

Reactions: 3

Welcome to the truths of Manky and Nitty 😁

• Haha
Yes, it does look like the ‘salary’, which I’m assuming gets taken split between them by director renumeration is fairly low (not by everyone’s standards, but by successful working couple in London standard). But for example the Cornwall holiday rental is £4k a week in peak season...and by filming while they are there they are there it means that cost can be included in their admin fees. I think they spend as much as possible, attributing it to costs associated with film-making, thereby reducing the profit from Nadia’s tv appearance s. It means that they don’t have a lot in the bank as as a result, but they get to spend the income without paying the tax that would be due if they took the lot out direct from the LW salary. There was a case not long ago, Robert Glenister got used as a test case with HMRC, where his accountant had set him up as Ltd, and then his company contracted with him out as an actor, the judgment found that he owed backdated NI as they judged he was an employee and not a contractor, and was using the company solely to avoid taxes. That wasn’t specifically his fault...many in the industry are advised to do this by their accountants, so although it was reducing his tax he did not know it was wrong to take the accountants advice. But I’m wondering if all the YouTube stuff is to ensure that Nadia cannot be classed as an employee of LW, but instead she can maintain that she is contractor from Dog House. They could be putting literally everything through the accounts as tax deductible expense
Food - under production costs, for the cookery or party vlogs
Holidays - under location costs
Homeschool tutors - under research for their book.
Bags of compost - production costs for the GFH vlogs
Train fares - cast member (Nanny Di) travelling to and from location (their house).

it means they won’t ever have millions in their bank account, but while Nadia is earning big money, they can spend it with very little tax applied.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh my god she is bare faced lying, definitely says she made them. ..how gullible does she think people are!... mind you some of them commenting believe her! .

Great post 👏👏

LizHL
Hiya....👋
Let it all out,
You’ll feel so much better.🙈😊❤

@Seeking clarity ....

They film lots well in advance (2wks or so).. Perhaps this is one of the ways members will see parts of Cornwall in upcoming vlogs - it will be in Sunday show (2/08) .. plus as they filmed there/Hello feature the part they paid for (remember; they got it 'cheap' aka *partly gifted*) will be claimed as a business expense.
Hmmm... Someone on here recently said they’d ‘took one for the team’ by signing up to the Sunday waffle.
Will be interesting hear the feedback on the pantomime which is scone making.
Wonder how many cups of olive oil went into them if she truly did bake them?

• Heart

Welcome 🖐

Reactions: 2
Trigger alert!
New GFH gone e up and there’s a human poo on their garden.
Jesus wept. 😳

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I’m back👋🏻so what have I missed?
I’ve watched nothing since I last posted on here😎

Reactions: 3
From companies house...I’m thinking the Loose Women salary gets routed through Mark’s Ltd company...it reduces tax...quite normal for ‘entertainers’ to do this.

This one is the same thing but from an earlier year...but in these account submissions there
is also a breakdown of the expenses includes..so all the costs pre-tax...(in next post)

Looks like they are charging things such as taking the family to the theatre and cinema as ‘business costs’? Suppose it is ‘research’ for Mark’s work. Also leasing vehicles...even though Nadia gets collected by ITV. I’m thinking for example with Cornwall...as they were filming...the holiday could come under productions or location costs. It looks to me that YouTubing could be a way of tax dodging by creating ridiculous expenses, thereby reducing their tax liability when taking the money out of the business (from Nadia’s actual earnings).
You sound like you know what you’re talking about there..I’d need an ‘ology to understand business finance..

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.