Myka Stauffer - The mother who gave up her internationally adopted Chinese son

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know much about RAD but it certainly didn't seem like he had it. He was very cuddly and affectionate with them, very responsive and played well.

Reactions: 4
I hope adoptions agencies around the world will look carefully at allowing so called social media influencers to adopt children. There are plenty of genuine people out there who adopt children, give them a loving home and are also on YouTube. Sadly there are some who use the child as a means for video content which I’m sure is the case here

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I didn't know who this woman or her family were until last week. I watched some of her videos and the one that I can't stop thinking about is the one where she is telling him off for biting his teacher and he obviously doesn't understand but holds out his arm because he likes having it squeezed. His little sister is with him and she is trying to encourage her mum to squeeze his arm. It's not just Huxley that this will affect but those other children too. It does feel that she got the new baby and decided that Huxley wasn't required anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I seen that she'd sneakily included a RAD hashtag. She's never mentioned it before. When he was officially diagnosed with Level 3 Asd, they posted a video saying they were grieving for the child that thought they were going to get but didn't. The said the doctor told them Huxley would like care from them his whole life. They then posted a vlog a few weeks later using Huxley as click bait. It said something like "are the doctors wrong about him?" with his picture in the thumbnail. The vlog touched on the fact that they thought he didn't have Level 3 ASD because he was improving in areas they were told he would not. They were getting a second opinion.

I didn't know who this woman or her family were until last week. I watched some of her videos and the one that I can't stop thinking about is the one where she is telling him off for biting his teacher and he obviously doesn't understand but holds out his arm because he likes having it squeezed. His little sister is with him and she is trying to encourage her mum to squeeze his arm. It's not just Huxley that this will affect but those other children too. It does feel that she got the new baby and decided that Huxley wasn't required anymore.
In one of Myka’s videos, she called Jaka Huxley’s best friend and partner in crime. 😔 I’m sure they had spats with each other from time to time (as is normal with siblings lol), but it seemed like she had bonded with Huxley. Their kids are so young, I doubt they fully understand what’s going on, and I wish only the best for them as well.

Reactions: 3
I seen that she'd sneakily included a RAD hashtag. She's never mentioned it before. When he was officially diagnosed with Level 3 Asd, they posted a video saying they were grieving for the child that thought they were going to get but didn't. The said the doctor told them Huxley would like care from them his whole life. They then posted a vlog a few weeks later using Huxley as click bait. It said something like "are the doctors wrong about him?" with his picture in the thumbnail. The vlog touched on the fact that they thought he didn't have Level 3 ASD because he was improving in areas they were told he would not. They were getting a second opinion.
She’s talking a load of tit regarding autism.

Autism isn’t a fixed condition where a child is completely incapable of improving. GIVEN THE RIGHT SUPPORT they can achieve and improve like any other kid. It may take longer and be different but they can learn.

I think she was just using the RAD “diagnosis” as an excuse as to why H didn’t bond with her. In one of the China vlogs, its James that H seemed to take to rather than her, which I think bothered her from the start. She needed a reason to explain why H didn’t bond with her and thought it’s easy to blame his earlier experiences in the orphanage although from what little we saw seemed to be fairly positive. He seemed quite happy in the care of his caregivers in China.

What gets me is the contrast when you compare it to Angela Braniff. She speaks lovingly of how to bond with her adopted child and bathing them as a way of removing their label of being an adoptive child and welcoming them into her family. She brought toys in preparation of the first visit to Rosie and was aware of Rosie’s dietary differences when they came home. We saw none of that with James and Myka. Angela and CR celebrate Rosie’s Chinese heritage even today whereas it seems that H’s was ignored as soon as he was brought home.

Quite frankly, this couple couldn’t look after an ant let alone an adopted child with special needs.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I’m kinda confused as to the timeline of events leading up to Huxley being “re-homed” as she called it. I read that they gave Huxley back and then flew off on holiday to Bali but I just finished watching a DITL vlog of the day prior to Myka and James leaving for Bali and Huxley was definitely in the vlog. Was he taken away while they were in Bali?? Or when they came back? Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Reactions: 2
An update has been posted on the Delaware County Sheriffs Instagram saying H is not missing and that investigations are ongoing. They are confident that the legal processes are occurring and both sides have legal counsel.

So the rehoming is legal but wellbeing is being looked into?

I’m kinda confused as to the timeline of events leading up to Huxley being “re-homed” as she called it. I read that they gave Huxley back and then flew off on holiday to Bali but I just finished watching a DITL vlog of the day prior to Myka and James leaving for Bali and Huxley was definitely in the vlog. Was he taken away while they were in Bali?? Or when they came back? Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
Me too I noticed that Huxley was in it!

Just watched the 'I have been struggling with this' vlog... A few minutes in and Huxley doing his signs broke my heart! I don't know much about autism but he looked so happy and looked like he loved Myka. When he said Mamma ❤ I just don't get it all. I really don't. Does anybody think something happened whilst they were in Bali, with someone looking after him? Like someone else said don't understand the time line of events or the abruptness!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Me too I noticed that Huxley was in it!

Just watched the 'I have been struggling with this' vlog... A few minutes in and Huxley doing his signs broke my heart! I don't know much about autism but he looked so happy and looked like he loved Myka. When he said Mamma ❤ I just don't get it all. I really don't. Does anybody think something happened whilst they were in Bali, with someone looking after him? Like someone else said don't understand the time line of events or the abruptness!
I just get the feeling that there is more to this than first appears....

Not a fan of “cancel culture” but this absolute psychopath and her husband need to have their gravy train grounded to a halt. Scouting for kids with additional needs when she clearly isn’t equipped to deal with them (not to mention is just using it as a sordid ‘USP’). Sickening.

Reactions: 13
Just been looking through the, “without a crystal ball“ instagram page, there’s a video on their that Myka made about Huxley’s progress and how she was so glad he wasn’t an orphan now and that he has a family, very sad to watch considering.

And then there’s that clip that shows him with his hand duct taped, completely disgusting, I hope CPS investigate them i really do and I hope they find out where that little boy is, the whole thing gets worse the more you find out, especially now that no one can actually confirm where he is.
It’s horrendous! She also gave him a buzz cut with a shaver when he first arrived. She’s a disgrace.

• Wow
Reactions: 4