Myka Stauffer - The mother who gave up her internationally adopted Chinese son

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This story is just awful!! Never followed these people and just looked into it now. What utter cu*ts! I hope little Huxley finds an amazing home. Social services should look at their other children!

Reactions: 6
Anyone else can’t stop thinking about this? How did they sleep at nights in the nights leading up to ‘re-homing’ him, how the duck did they drive him to his new house or whatever and just hand him over? Awful, awful heartless people

• Sad
Reactions: 7
You can see some of the Stauffer life vlogs on a page called billibilli, but I think they are slowly being removed too.

Ye everything to do with H's adoption etc was on The Stauffer Life vlog Channel but it's all gone.
Then i hope also any moneys made from those videos is taken back and given in a fund for little Huxley.They shouldn`t be allowed to make another penny either on future vlogs discussing how much they are suffering.They make me sick!

Reactions: 3
Was watching someone who appears to make reportage videos on youtubers, who had been contacted by folks who knew stauffer, honestly can't believe what i'm listening to, it's just so horrible ( crystalball something ). Stauffer deleted him from their instagram life too, it's just like some awful afternoon movie.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
What keeps going through my head is how you even BEGIN a conversation with your spouse about giving a child away?

• Sick
Reactions: 10
Was watching someone who appears to make reportage videos on youtubers, who had been contacted by folks who knew stauffer, honestly can't believe what i'm listening to, it's just so horrible ( crystalball something ). Stauffer deleted him from their instagram life too, it's just like some awful afternoon movie.

I don't know if I believe those are people who really know the Stauffer's. All she has said is information you can completely know even as a casual watcher of their vlogs over the years.

Reactions: 3
Definitely Myka -she has James’ balls in a bag in her closet!
So true! There was this adoption update video where she was talking about how she had spoken to James about adoption a few times and how he was always against it and how she kept bringing it up with him and then one day he apparently asked her for more information on it and she could “tell he was opening up to adoption.” More like she had worn him down and he got fed up of her asking!

• Sad
Reactions: 10
My heart honestly breaks for Huxley. Three years he spent with them and they just turn his world upside down like that. I think there’s definitely more to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I just can’t get my head round this whole story. I have a very very challenging child. Tests me beyond all tests and has made my mental health go through a lot... it is not her fault. She has recently been diagnosed autistic and that brings me no answers or solutions. We take one day at a time. In the last 5 years I have studied many things including attachment and anxiety. I wasn’t my daughters main attachment figure for a while (long story but was married and main worker- shift work/lates etc so when she was 1-3 her dad did all the bookend care between full time nursery- I regret it now but I didn’t realise the impact at the time. Husband left and dropped her like a piece of trash, everything changed for us overnight) but I was the only one who could be the constant moving forward so I worked for years at the relationship, to build the trust in an adult and to show her that no matter what she did, no matter how bad it got, no matter how awful the meltdown... that I would be there for her and I would help her every single time. It has been exhausting and challenging but it has changed my life for the better. I’m a better parent and a better person. She used to scream that she wanted a new family and she hated me... she used to put herself in danger because she felt worthless. At no point through the darkest of days, even when I felt suicidal and like I was failing her.... never ever ever would I have passed her on to someone else to fix her. I’m her mother and I will fight for her till the day I die. When she screamed the loudest I knew she needed me more than ever. It makes me sick that this poor boy was ‘not a fit’ for her and her precious family. When your child is dangerous they need you to protect them more than ever, not put their arms around everyone else. They need to know that you can be trusted to help them pick up from devastation. That boy may now be damaged beyond repair and may never trust another care giver in his life. I literally couldn’t sleep last night thinking about this whole story. It has really got to me 😢

I’m so lucky to have my children, I love them all so much. Every second of every day.

Awww here she is with her well behaved ‘normal’ kids who she decided to keep.
I cannot #bekind here. I’m sorry I just can’t. The least they should do is close their online life and go live in a cabin away from the public eye for the rest of their life. The should not be allowed to just delete him from photos and carry on as if he was never there. I’m disgusted.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I was watching a video earlier And there was snippets from her adoption update vlogs where she was upset about potentially not getting him because of changes in the Chinese adoption system, snippets of her saying she would never give him up, he was her son. I don’t know her family makeup but was it 2 girls then Huxley and then the new baby (a boy?). If so perhaps she chose him because he was a boy and once she had a boy he was surplus to requirements hence the “rehoming” ☹

Reactions: 1
I was watching a video earlier And there was snippets from her adoption update vlogs where she was upset about potentially not getting him because of changes in the Chinese adoption system, snippets of her saying she would never give him up, he was her son. I don’t know her family makeup but was it 2 girls then Huxley and then the new baby (a boy?). If so perhaps she chose him because he was a boy and once she had a boy he was surplus to requirements hence the “rehoming” ☹

No not quite. It was:

2 girls
A boy
Huxley
New baby boy

Reactions: 2
She already had 3 kids before she adopted Huxley, the 2 older girls, and 1 boy who is a few months younger than Huxley, then a year after they adopted Huxley she got pregnant with her 2nd Bio son.

She choose Huxley as she thought he would be shy and cuddly, but he was nothing like that.

She never bonded with him, and her oldest and the son at the time didn’t like him either.

She never gave that child any consistency from the minute the got him from China. Weeks after they got home she went and got a new puppy on a whim, they moved house a few months later, dragged on this and that holiday. He was in and out of different pre-schools and different therapies constantly, ignored professionals, she never went with him when he had doctors appointments.

The way she spoke to him was awful, he didn’t understand so she would speak louder to him. His bedroom was nothing but a bed in it, no toys or other furniture where her Bio kids rooms were decorated and full of stuff. She decorated it at some point by putting up a high shelf with a few
Moana figures on it.

All her bio kids sucked their thumbs but only Huxley was ever punished for it. She truly is an awful woman, and worse for the husband as it did look like he had bonded with him but then happy to give him away.

They complaint that China lied- but they knew he was a special focus child, they originally thought he had a brain tumour, but turned out he had a stroke in utero. Huxley was 28 months old when he was officially adopted by them - it is not normal for children who have just turned 2 to be diagnosed with ASD.

Some screenshots of he speaking about him after he was adopted while she was advertising Dreft washing powder!

Attachments

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12