My solo journey to mom #17 does not pay rents, house full of tents, couch has dents, does tha make sense?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Little bit of background - I work within an awarding organisation in the UK that deliver regulated qualifications. Everyday I work directly with training providers all over the world in helping them to offer regulated qualifications in areas that are unregulated within their country.
I work very closely with QQI in Ireland and visit very often to help colleges/private training providers as our qualifications are recognised for work in Ireland. The point being, I am so passionate about ensuring that students gain a qualification that can be used to gain insurance in their subject area, while maintaining safety for the general public who use their services.

The ‘qualification’ Lisa has taken is so extremely ridiculous, that I can’t stop laughing at how she’s been conned!
The website for the Sleep Lady and gentle sleep coach is very obviously American. The USA has zero regulated qualifications, as in what I would deem as regulated through an awarding body registered for approval by their government. What they do have is a minimum amount of hours to be taught prior to exams and then state licensing for each industry you go into, (something I think would work quite well to ensure standards are high in Ireland the UK for certain industries - I digress!) Each state has different hours and exam requirements.
I do wonder if each state requires these gentle sleep coaches to gain a license. Might look into that later if I get a chance.

This course is absolutely ridiculous. It even states that there is no regulation for the sleep consulting industry, which is true, so why oh why would anyone part with €6000 for a certificate that has zero regulation or recognition in any country?!?
There must be a legitimate reason as to why no awarding organisation has created a regulated qualification in this area.
The course requires you to keep up to date with your ‘certification’ by paying annual mentorship fees. For a course that is completely unregulated, uninsurable and unproven, it really seems like a HUGE money earner for the owner, Kim West.

I am absolutely shocked that no one has picked up on how potentially damaging this could be for families who are so vulnerable to these con artists and their sleep coaching bullshit.

Massive red flags on this!

(Sorry for the essay!)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Not only is Lisa scamming people but she has been clearly scammed of 6,000e herself from this crowd 😯
She was and is so obsessed about sleep and naps..... anytime she went on her phone she was probably bombarded with sleep related ads 🙈😆 they sucked her in

Reactions: 5
Am I imagining it but did she not have a thing up in one of her Q&As saying she didn't take on newborns because you can sleep train newborns???

Reactions: 7
Am I imagining it but did she not have a thing up in one of her Q&As saying she didn't take on newborns because you can sleep train newborns???
Yes she did. She said from 6 months
---

Little bit of background - I work within an awarding organisation in the UK that deliver regulated qualifications. Everyday I work directly with training providers all over the world in helping them to offer regulated qualifications in areas that are unregulated within their country.
I work very closely with QQI in Ireland and visit very often to help colleges/private training providers as our qualifications are recognised for work in Ireland. The point being, I am so passionate about ensuring that students gain a qualification that can be used to gain insurance in their subject area, while maintaining safety for the general public who use their services.

The ‘qualification’ Lisa has taken is so extremely ridiculous, that I can’t stop laughing at how she’s been conned!
The website for the Sleep Lady and gentle sleep coach is very obviously American. The USA has zero regulated qualifications, as in what I would deem as regulated through an awarding body registered for approval by their government. What they do have is a minimum amount of hours to be taught prior to exams and then state licensing for each industry you go into, (something I think would work quite well to ensure standards are high in Ireland the UK for certain industries - I digress!) Each state has different hours and exam requirements.
I do wonder if each state requires these gentle sleep coaches to gain a license. Might look into that later if I get a chance.

This course is absolutely ridiculous. It even states that there is no regulation for the sleep consulting industry, which is true, so why oh why would anyone part with €6000 for a certificate that has zero regulation or recognition in any country?!?
There must be a legitimate reason as to why no awarding organisation has created a regulated qualification in this area.
The course requires you to keep up to date with your ‘certification’ by paying annual mentorship fees. For a course that is completely unregulated, uninsurable and unproven, it really seems like a HUGE money earner for the owner, Kim West.

I am absolutely shocked that no one has picked up on how potentially damaging this could be for families who are so vulnerable to these con artists and their sleep coaching bullshit.

Massive red flags on this!

(Sorry for the essay!)
Not an essay at all. You explained things perfectly & pretty much clarified what I & probably others were thinking.

Reactions: 9
I've been reading the website for this gentle sleep coach course again - https://gentlesleepcoach.com/
The website Lisa is having made for her is an additional cost of $1995! :eek:
So, she's paid $5995 + $1995 for this sham of a 'qualification' where she can state online that she can provide sleep coaching services to families.
To keep her 'certificate', she will then have to pay an annual fee of $750 for the first year, going down to $300 by the 4th year.
I bet the owner of this business is laughing all the way to the bank with this!

Another thing, which I know a few of you have mentioned before is the security regarding a vetting process if she is to be working with children.
This really is such a huge concern that I bet many parents desperate for help with routines and bedtime probably don't even think about. The website does not state anything surrounding this, leaving it open for 'coaches' to have a lack of knowledge regarding how to appropriately deal with any data and information on children within the families they work with.
I'm not saying I think that Lisa would do anything inappropriate with info she is given regarding children, but surely there should be something in place to ensure that the information of these families is secure! They could be telling her anything like when they leave the house for naps, what time bedtime is, who is in the house for bedtime and this could, (in the wrong hands), leave these families open to robberies or worse! Maybe I am overthinking that cos I have such a lack of trust :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I've been reading the website for this gentle sleep coach course again - https://gentlesleepcoach.com/
The website Lisa is having made for her is an additional cost of $1995! :eek:
So, she's paid $5995 + $1995 for this sham of a 'qualification' where she can state online that she can provide sleep coaching services to families.
To keep her 'certificate', she will then have to pay an annual fee of $750 for the first year, going down to $300 by the 4th year.
I bet the owner of this business is laughing all the way to the bank with this!

Another thing, which I know a few of you have mentioned before is the security regarding a vetting process if she is to be working with children.
This really is such a huge concern that I bet many parents desperate for help with routines and bedtime probably don't even think about. The website does not state anything surrounding this, leaving it open for 'coaches' to have a lack of knowledge regarding how to appropriately deal with any data and information on children within the families they work with.
I'm not saying I think that Lisa would do anything inappropriate with info she is given regarding children, but surely there should be something in place to ensure that the information of these families is secure! They could be telling her anything like when they leave the house for naps, what time bedtime is, who is in the house for bedtime and this could, (in the wrong hands), leave these families open to robberies or worse! Maybe I am overthinking that cos I have such a lack of trust :ROFLMAO:
You are right to have these concerns ...also regarding data protection ...where is she storing the information on children...for how long is it kept etc ...how secure is her Hotmail...how is she processing the payments and how safe is this information...she got played for a fool by Americans...eye watering money ...I'm here upset trying to work out who will mind my kids when I return to work ...jeez 6 grand would buy me so much time ..shocking and I'm repeating myself but dangerous carry on..

Reactions: 7
If you google sleep coaches Ireland a load of them (Lucy Wolfe, thebabysleepcoach.ie, Ursula Quinn) have this "certification" from Gentle Sleep Coach. Yer one is making a mint with her fake qualifications. And sure the rest of them have no qualifications listed at all cos it's a made up thing, unregulated and anyone can set up tomorrow!

Reactions: 2
Bare feet on the child again , in that cold damp house 😒 put a pair of tights on the girls if they won't keep their socks on ...juno.... if that leds , makes sense 🙄🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don’t get why people hold Lucy Wolfe up as the gold standard of sleep consultants tbh. Yes, she turns herself out better and speaks properly, but it’s still a joke. Was she not an estate agent or something before she saw the gap in the market for sleep coaching. She’s still unregulated, answerable to nobody and can peddle whatever nonsense she likes

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I don’t get why people hold Lucy Wolfe up as the gold standard of sleep consultants tbh. Yes, she turns herself out better and speaks properly, but it’s still a joke. Was she not an estate agent or something before she saw the gap in the market for sleep coaching. She’s still unregulated, answerable to nobody and can peddle whatever nonsense she likes
I agree ...bought her book with kid no 2 ..I was desperate ...her sleep routines are completely unattainable in the real world...then I see her on TV or on radio always just saying the same thing...but yup she has made it work for herself ...sure that same year she was selling some sleep spray or something...I drew the line at that !

Where did ye see 6000 euro for the course? The sleep lady website has the course for $199, I wonder is that the one she did. The cert looks like it was emailed to her too. A load of b*llox if you ask me, who'd pay scruffy o Halloran to tell them how to get their kids to sleep when she can't even "Mom" her own kids

Reactions: 3
Where did ye see 6000 euro for the course? The sleep lady website has the course for $199, I wonder is that the one she did. The cert looks like it was emailed to her too. A load of b*llox if you ask me, who'd pay scruffy o Halloran to tell them how to get their kids to sleep when she can't even "Mom" her own kids
This is from the Sleep Lady website & as far as I can see if she wants things like a proper website it will cost another €1995
8A7CBCEC-AB2C-43E6-8919-4DD226F119FB.png

Attachments

Reactions: 1
No wonder she has a migraine, the best part of €8000 down the drain

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I hate the thought of people who are just so tired and exhausted and feel they’re doing something wrong coming across this one in a vulnerable moment and parting with a large amount of money for her to sprout shite and not only do that but to have the neck to then do it in such an unprofessional manner

Reactions: 5
Just noticed, to make matters worse on this pretend qualification, there is no apostrophe in her surname on her certificate 😂

Reactions: 4
Just noticed, to make matters worse on this pretend qualification, there is no apostrophe in her surname on her certificate 😂
It looks so bad and no space between the O and Halloran at all , just churned out , and no university or any educational resources institution mentioned on it , it holds the same value as a cert you get in school for being student of the week

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.