Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think a lot of mumsnetters have been badly treated by men in their private lives and probably had poor role models growing up and so that their only frame of reference, but women are most definitely not Saints. I know just as many women as men who had affairs cheated on their partners, it’s not exclusively the domain of men to have an affair. Yet considering how much they loathe the male sex, they also can’t seem to live without them and move on from long term relationships really quickly and shack up with a new bloke and then express genuine surprise when their kids struggle to accept it.

I also remember one thread that really boiled my piss where a woman got so angry at her partner because Nutella on their bed clothes that she threw objects at him and slammed a door so hard it broke the plaster on the walls. Obviously in mumsnet land it was the partners fault and he must have done something to trigger it. Anyone who pointed out that domestic violence can happen to anyone male or female was roundly piled on.

Pre covid, before everyone really got super pissy on Mumsnet, it sometimes went the other way (in a fair sense).

There was one where the OP’s husband was a stay at home dad while she went out and worked. She was whinging that he didn’t get much done when their oldest was in nursery in the mornings beyond some light housework and resented him taking their kid out to play or participate in organised activities in the afternoons rather than somehow fitting in famously toddler friendly chores instead like mowing, painting and decorating etc. She tried to argue with a thread filled with the mothers of young children pointing out her selfishness and I think she scarpered after she failed to win them around with the argument that as she was the breadwinner, he should assume the responsibilities of everything non-work related.

Now, I wonder if the present Mumsnet obsession with financial independence in relationships and cocklodgers would have seen a completely different array of responses.

The only thing I’d say in defence of the anti man rhetoric is that it doesn’t seem a lot removed from the anti woman rhetoric in chunks of sites like Pistonheads (all exes are psycho) and Reddit (all women, whether little sisters to old grandmothers, are bigots or psychos).

Also, there’s a little of needing to read the room. I wouldn’t go onto Datalounge and announce that “as a straight woman…”. I‘d get told to ”die in a grease fire”. It’s similar as announcing on Lipstick Alley “well, as a white woman…” Mumsnet users are nasty, but the death threats, fish jokes and racist insults do get threads and posts pulled pretty quickly.

This isn’t an insult to those sites - just an observation that everyone finds their “tribe” online and sometimes don’t care for interlopers.

Reactions: 4
Another thing that annoys me is the ‘relocation threads’. So your moving house then? Why use a wanky word for it?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
A heads up for fans of MN’s long-standing, bulletproof troll Crumbs: in her latest incarnation she has an ultra-twattish thread on the go about being too posh to realise that England are playing in the ‘World Cup final’ tonight and it could potentially spoil her plans for supper for ten on the terrace.

Inexplicably, many people appear to actually believe it!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
A heads up for fans of MN’s long-standing, bulletproof troll Crumbs: in her latest incarnation she has an ultra-twattish thread on the go about being too posh to realise that England are playing in the ‘World Cup final’ tonight and it could potentially spoil her plans for supper for ten on the terrace.

I read this earlier ...and troll came to my head straight away, isn’t she toying with the idea of letting them ‘ leave’ the table to watch the football. Batshit crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh for gods sake, why is she being allowed to do this. Get it together 😂

Reactions: 5
Someone here said they thought she was MN staff, I think that's a fairly good shout. A thread like that would get picked up by the tabloids and generate many many clicks. Whoever they are they're definitely a fantasist, its exhausting just reading it.

Reactions: 8
A lot have them have such a skewed view of the finances of many there was a post once and people couldn’t understand how the poster couldn’t afford twenty pound for something

Reactions: 6
It’s all bollocks, they just like pretending to be rich
Yup! I remember a post about what chocolates to give as a gift and posters coming out with “unless you spend £100 on a box of chocolates then it’s not even worth bothering, you just look like a cheapskate.” What world do these people live in? I remember commenting to say you should appreciate any gift be it a £1 bar of chocolate or £100 truffles as someone has chosen to spend their money on you and I was completely berated with multiple versions of “well anyone buying me a £1 bar of chocolate clearly doesn’t know me well enough so I wouldn’t want them buying me a gift anyways”. Just utterly ridiculous.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
From what I've read on Mumsnet, they think all gifts are tat, hate Secret Santa and if anyone makes them a homemade gift, it goes straight in the bin because it could be all germy.

Who would be mad enough to spend £100 on chocolate?

Reactions: 9
I read this earlier ...and troll came to my head straight away, isn’t she toying with the idea of letting them ‘ leave’ the table to watch the football. Batshit crazy.
Oh god, I have to go and see this one. Sounds totally batshit.

Is it under crumbs or something else?

Reactions: 2
From what I've read on Mumsnet, they think all gifts are tat, hate Secret Santa and if anyone makes them a homemade gift, it goes straight in the bin because it could be all germy.

Who would be mad enough to spend £100 on chocolate?
Yes all gifts are tat unless you’re going to a wedding, then gifts it is otherwise its crass to give money 🥴

Reactions: 8
Someone here said they thought she was MN staff, I think that's a fairly good shout. A thread like that would get picked up by the tabloids and generate many many clicks. Whoever they are they're definitely a fantasist, its exhausting just reading it.
I used to wonder if she was an MN insider making tit up for clicks, but apparently she was doxxed on Reddit. I missed the actual doxxing as I was on a Reddit break at the time, but it seems that she is a real person and reasonably successful career wise, but certainly not the person she’s fabricated on MN.

Under her last username she dropped two of her pretend children (the timelines of her multiple pregnancies never added up anyway), and on today’s thread she’s changed her house to a modest Victorian terrace, rather than the detached listed property she previously claimed to live in (and that she photographed from some bushes as ‘proof’ that it was her house! 😂)

Citrus fruity flower?
Yes. The very same.

• Haha
  • Wow
No one eats home made cakes and no one owns a loo brush because they’re all obsessed with germs

• Haha
Reactions: 6
No one eats home made cakes and no one owns a loo brush because they’re all obsessed with germs
oh man, the shoes on/shoes off in the house threads - they can get terrifyingly vicious! Keeping your shoes on in someone’s house is as filthy as shitting in their fridge!

Reactions: 7
The loo brush obsession is so weird, a brush costs about 1.50, some domestic bleach cleaner the same.

Leave the bleach overnight, a quick toilet brush clean, then bin it. What is wrong with these women?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.