Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thereā€™s a new one with a caravan parked on someoneā€™s drive after they returned from holiday. I didnā€™t read beyond first few paras. School holidays innit.
Tbh we have a nightmare neighbour who I could imagine doing this.
She has no driveway and apologises to any workmen who visit her house because we wonā€™t allow them to park on our drive! Go figure?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Tbh we have a nightmare neighbour who I could imagine doing this.
She has no driveway and apologises to any workmen who visit her house because we wonā€™t allow them to park on our drive! Go figure?!
DIAGRAM???!!!!!!!!

JK šŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Parking threads are so bleeping boring. How do so many of them get sucked in?
Because their lives are so goddamn boring šŸ˜‚ They are thirsty for secondhand neighbourhood disputes.

I could start a thread on parking. Yesterday someone had parked across my drive preventing me from reversing out and going to work. What to do?? Well, I knocked on my neighbourā€™s door, and her visiting cousin moved his car. All resolved within 10 minutes.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Because their lives are so goddamn boring šŸ˜‚ They are thirsty for secondhand neighbourhood disputes.

I could start a thread on parking. Yesterday someone had parked across my drive preventing me from reversing out and going to work. What to do?? Well, I knocked on my neighbourā€™s door, and her visiting cousin moved his car. All resolved within 10 minutes.
Start a thread I dare you!

• Haha
It was me who started that, many years ago.

I posted something like ā€œthe rules are on here you must post a diagram on parking threadsā€ on a parking thread and the OP apologised and posted a quickly drawn one. The rest is history.

And yes, I was taking the piss šŸ˜Ž

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I see the mirror running another mumsnet post about a "snobby" mother giving out about the grandmother buying supermarket clothes for her precious offspring. Do they not still go nuts when the stories are lifted?

Reactions: 5
I see the mirror running another mumsnet post about a "snobby" mother giving out about the grandmother buying supermarket clothes for her precious offspring. Do they not still go nuts when the stories are lifted?
Yes, they do. My favourite ones are those who post a perfectly banal thread about washing powder or something with the disclaimer I DO NOT GIVE THE DAILY MAIL PERMISSION TO LIFT THIS THREAD.
As if the DM are going to be bothered about your washing powder preferences, Janice. Also, for the amount of posters who profess to loathe the DM and never read it, there sure are a huge amount of threads about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
The amount of posters who blithely put ā€œGet ridā€, or ā€œdumpā€ in a thread as a response to something trivial, or to someone who is no place to dump anybody gets my goat. They are just tossing off a few words whilst they are looking at their phone in a queue, meanwhile the poster is in turmoil. Boils my piss. They think they are being ball breaking warriors but they probably wonā€™t say boo to a goose in RL.

Reactions: 13
We need a new thread. Anyone familiar with the process? Mumsnet #2 sounds about right.

Reactions: 5
I love the 'Name Changing because my previous posts could out me' - proceeds to write post with every identifying detail possible so if you were another party and read it you would be in no doubt it was your mate down the road with the red Volvo Estate who lived next door to the guy with the blue Corsa and had 6 kids that was being complained about :LOL:

• Haha
How can we forget the husbands hobby which they can never name because its so outing šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Also the:

1) He earns more than me so therefore has more disposable income= all money is family money, he's financially abusing you
2) I earn more than him = he's a cocklodger (a term I had never heard before MN but apparently means he's a kept man and is abusing you)

1) I only see him once a week on the same day and I'm OK with that but... = he obviously has a whole second family you don't know about
2) I see him every day and I'm OK with that but... = he's smothering you and has something to hide. LTB

It's a whole other world over there

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.