Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would hate to have any of the posters as my parents, they are all so stingy and can’t wait to get rid of their kids at 18, apparently the day they turn 18 they are a full grown adult and should be paying for a mortage🙄

Reactions: 11
The begging threads used to annoy me too - the ones where posters would claim they only had 2p to last until payday and the "I've pmed you, check your inbox" messages so it was obvious that people were giving them money.

There was one begging thread that went on for a long time during the time Mumsnet got hacked and posters were falling over themselves to donate this poster things from Tampax to paying for Ocado shops. I think there was a self-appointed PA too. Mumsnet did absolutely nothing about it even though, someone vulnerable was getting overly invested to the extent that it was going over boundaries.

I think if you've got spare nappies or tins of food, give them to your local Foodbank not a random stranger on Mumsnet.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It’s a sanpro day, time for some salty nibbles and choc to ease those iffy cravings. DH brought DC to the park whilst I relax after doing nothing all day besides watch morning tv, internet shop and belittle and bully other mothers online. Might treat myself to a big bowl of hearty soup and crusty bread with lashings of good butter or will make Spag Bol for the kids. I hate my husband.

my life is so hard and challenging.
LTB and get your ducks in a row.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The begging threads used to annoy me too - the ones where posters would claim they only had 2p to last until payday and the "I've pmed you, check your inbox" messages so it was obvious that people were giving them money.

There was one begging thread that went on for a long time during the time Mumsnet got hacked and posters were falling over themselves to donate this poster things from Tampax to paying for Ocado shops. I think there was a self-appointed PA too. Mumsnet did absolutely nothing about it even though, someone vulnerable was getting overly invested to the extent that it was going over boundaries.

I think if you've got spare nappies or tins of food, give them to your local Foodbank not a random stranger on Mumsnet.
That was Margaritta and her sock puppet Sad Widow. She got two Mumsnet funded Christmases out of her supposed impoverished state. How she can live with herself, I'll never know.

The latest one was needing a quid for a pregnancy test. This poster only had 4p in the entire world, poor wee soul. I hope no-one sent her any money.

There was one on Digital Spy going back a few years, she'd left her abusive husband and she and her kids were in a refuge. DS members rallied round and raised money for a rental deposit and then furnishings. Her authenticity was backed up by her 'sister' and her 'mother' posting on the thread. :D :D :D I'm laughing, but the level of naivety was astonishing. Once the flat had been secured and fully furnished, the poster, and her mum, and her sister, vanished from the internet.

I'd like to think we are all a bit more cynical these days.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I am not a cheerleader for men, but hate it when a man dares to comment on a thread in the most innocuous way, and they turn on him and say, klaxon alert, man’s opinion etc. It can be vicious. It’s really agresssive and unnecessary. Sometimes the guys are mansplaining, in which case, take them down a peg or two, but a lot of them are just commenting quite innocently, and I can imagine them being quite shell shocked at the responses. And the double standards already mentioned on this thread. All the women are saints, all the men are bastards. I occasionally skim threads now but never post. I am sure loads of people don’t bother looking at it now.

Everybody’s always shaking with anger, everyone’s kids are at oxbridge, no one poos in an en-suite, everyone has cf neighbours, 50k is not a good wage, men are all abusers, trans issues get shoe horned into every post and lots of ‘how could I possibly choose between Eton and Harrow ?’ Stealth bragging nonsense. It’s all bollocks and fantasists.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
They hate men so much.
There is a thread currently on MN and the poster asked what ppl are envious of in others relationships.....responses saying stuff like holding hands, partners who organise stuff without being asked etc pretty normal and then of course a poster says don't be fooled all these men who seem to be good and do these things are actually abusive behind closed doors.
What the duck?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
They hate men so much.
There is a thread currently on MN and the poster asked what ppl are envious of in others relationships.....responses saying stuff like holding hands, partners who organise stuff without being asked etc pretty normal and then of course a poster says don't be fooled all these men who seem to be good and do these things are actually abusive behind closed doors.
What the duck?!
That could be true for some abusers not all men obviously. Everyone should always red up on red flags in relationships though.

Reactions: 7
Pooing in the en-suite is the same as doing it in the corner of your living room according to mumsnet. Don’t even get started on outsiders using your loo

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Pooping would stink up the main bedroom. :ROFLMAO:
It’s a bit redundant to have a toilet but you’re not allowed tit in it. Don’t you think? They should’ve just gotten a wash room if they that is how they think

Pooing in the en-suite is the same as doing it in the corner of your living room according to mumsnet. Don’t even get started on outsiders using your loo
Tbh the majority of them probably live in council houses and flats that don’t have en suites and are making up fake rules as they go along with the delusional posh life they made for themselves online.

Reactions: 6
Also they don't like tradesmen using their toilets in case they poo in there or I suppose it could really be they hate men and believe they will mess up their very clean toilets.

Definitely a lot of Hyacinth Bucket types on there.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
MN reminds me of those mean girls at school who were teacher's pet and would snitch on you yet outwardly smile and pretend to be nice.

Reactions: 8
I am not a cheerleader for men, but hate it when a man dares to comment on a thread in the most innocuous way, and they turn on him and say, klaxon alert, man’s opinion etc. It can be vicious. It’s really agresssive and unnecessary. Sometimes the guys are mansplaining, in which case, take them down a peg or two, but a lot of them are just commenting quite innocently, and I can imagine them being quite shell shocked at the responses. And the double standards already mentioned on this thread. All the women are saints, all the men are bastards. I occasionally skim threads now but never post. I am sure loads of people don’t bother looking at it now.
I saw one where it was a man specific health problem, so a poster saying “I’m a man” was actually completely relevant to the topic and they turned on him. Blew my mind.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
The sneering and mocking of the Facebook crafts also annoys and upsets me. Ok, it may not be to your taste and some of it is a bit questionable but there's no need to put it on a thread to take the piss out of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think a lot of mumsnetters have been badly treated by men in their private lives and probably had poor role models growing up and so that their only frame of reference, but women are most definitely not Saints. I know just as many women as men who had affairs cheated on their partners, it’s not exclusively the domain of men to have an affair. Yet considering how much they loathe the male sex, they also can’t seem to live without them and move on from long term relationships really quickly and shack up with a new bloke and then express genuine surprise when their kids struggle to accept it.

I also remember one thread that really boiled my piss where a woman got so angry at her partner because Nutella on their bed clothes that she threw objects at him and slammed a door so hard it broke the plaster on the walls. Obviously in mumsnet land it was the partners fault and he must have done something to trigger it. Anyone who pointed out that domestic violence can happen to anyone male or female was roundly piled on.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I also remember one thread that really boiled my piss where a woman got so angry at her partner because Nutella on their bed clothes that she threw objects at him and slammed a door so hard it broke the plaster on the walls. Obviously in mumsnet land it was the partners fault and he must have done something to trigger it. Anyone who pointed out that domestic violence can happen to anyone male or female was roundly piled on.
And I bet they all told her she was perfectly reasonable for reacting that way, but if the roles were reversed and it was then man who had done it, it would be "999 NOW", "LTB" etc etc.
What used to really annoy me when I was on the site was a woman posting about being in an abusive relationship, but with no money, no friends or family and literally no where to go, being rounded on and told "But WHY are you with him, do you not care about your children? Leave NOW, there has to be SOMEWHERE you can go. Pack a bag and go TONIGHT" when there may have literally been absolutely nowhere the poor woman could go.

I know because it happened to a friend of mine, though thankfully for her I doubt she posted on Mumsnet looking for advice at the time because replies like that would have broken her.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.