Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found Mumsnet to be quite ‘London-centric’ at times.
If you didn’t live there then you were behind the times by the tone of some of the snippier posters, I recall someone saying ‘why didn’t you get an Uber?’ on AIBU about a friend leaving her mate at a pub.
Allegedly when one poster had no transport was struggling to get to work, she was asked why she didn’t just get the tube. She lived in rural Yorkshire...

The other day someone posted saying they desperately wanted to move due to nightmare neighbours, but were stuck because they lived in a housing association property and needed someone to swap with them. A poster replied asking why she didn’t just drop the asking price if she was that desperate. Because she lives in a HA property and doesn’t own it you dozy bint! There is a general assumption that everyone owns their homes on there, and an air of snobbery about renting. Especially social housing.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I found Mumsnet to be quite ‘London-centric’ at times.
If you didn’t live there then you were behind the times by the tone of some of the snippier posters, I recall someone saying ‘why didn’t you get an Uber?’ on AIBU about a friend leaving her mate at a pub.
Absolutely!! Some seemed surprised we actually had running water in Wales. Well, not quite, but they did seem to assume we still lived in the dark ages.

Reactions: 5
It’s ridiculously London centric, any ‘should I move north’ thread is always met with sneery comments. It’s all flat caps and whippets up here you see 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They don't like the underclass, I hate that term, sorry. There was one particular poster who got picked on something rotten.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
And they all refer to their evening meal as ‘dinner’. My evening meal is tea, I’ve never met anyone who calls it dinner. Ever.

And they all refer to their evening meal as ‘dinner’. My evening meal is tea, I’ve never met anyone who calls it dinner. Ever.
Yes dinner is dinner during the day, teatime is evening meal for us, but it differs around the country. I think the further north you go its probably tea, might be wrong.
Also I felt quite left out as in Ireland we don't have bleeping waitrose.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
This thread is reminding me of the times people were complete witches to me! I once mentioned in passing that I was writing a book on a particular topic and one poster laid into me completely, telling me I don’t know what I was talking about, what right did I have blah blah. As it happens, I knew exactly what I was talking about but it made me feel so crap I changed my name and didn’t go back for months.
About 18 months ago a poster said her husband wanted to move back to the town he was from originally , where his parents live. I happen to live 3 miles away and it’s a stunning little village, with beautiful views and the sort of little cottages you pay loads for on holiday. It’s 20/30 mins away from 2 major cities and lots of work. Cue the Mumsnet vipers piling on telling her what a dump it was, and finding pictures of slightly old fashioned cottages for sale, making fun of them and making it sound like a horrible place. I tried to defend it but was ridiculed. One poster started slagging off the local school and saying how bad it is and how could you send children there...it just so happens I work there and it’s a fantastic school which is massively oversubscribed. If you live in the Welsh valleys, you’re a bit ‘backward’, according to some posters...😳
yeah i live in a MN hated town and it really got me down for a while until I thought duck them, there’s good and bad things about everywhere and if they don’t realise that then they must be stupid or in denial!

Yes dinner is dinner during the day, teatime is evening meal for us, but it differs around the country. I think the further north you go its probably tea, might be wrong.
Also I felt quite left out as in Ireland we don't have bleeping waitrose.
All of those ‘ are you middle class’ threads 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
All of those ‘ are you middle class’ threads 😂😂
That's the laugh I am! I'm also nearly ashamed to admit I am, but can confirm I have never stepped foot in a waitrose in my life, so by mumsnet standards I'm probably not.
I always found the what do you earn threads to be odd and possibly phishing or trying to out someone.

Never mind Waitrose, it’s Booths they all go mad over. So many of them say the thing they like the best about going to the Lake District is being able to do some shopping in Booths.

• Haha
That's the laugh I am! I'm also nearly ashamed to admit I am, but can confirm I have never stepped foot in a waitrose in my life, so by mumsnet standards I'm probably not.
I always found the what do you earn threads to be odd and possibly phishing or trying to out someone.
No one should be made to feel ashamed and that’s Mumsnet’s core problem, it’s full of posters doing their best to pull up or put down posters depending on their post.

Reactions: 6
Booths! Never heard of it :ROFLMAO: I heard a lot about ocado but again we don't bloody have it. Or a John Lewis for that matter. I'm not doing much for my part of the world really. Mumsnet were nice enough to give us craicnet after years of pleading.

Reactions: 2
AIBU ; I’ve just had a Domino’s delivery .

*What class am I?

* just joking of course.

• Haha
Booths! Never heard of it :ROFLMAO: I heard a lot about ocado but again we don't bloody have it. Or a John Lewis for that matter. I'm not doing much for my part of the world really. Mumsnet were nice enough to give us craicnet after years of pleading.
Boots is a rather upmarket supermarket than only has branches in the North of England, it’s so posh it makes Waitrose look like Farmfoods.

• Haha
Lots of arseholes on mumsnet . I don’t post but I might start writing stuff just to stir it up a bit 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.