Mumsnet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There used to be a poster called ‘expatinscotland’ who had sadly lost a child to cancer. However she was often astonishingly rude and aggressive to others on the forum and got away with due to her circumstances. it. Anyone who ever stood up to her was subjected to a pile on for daring to be mean to a ‘bereaved parent’. She was treated with kid gloves and protected by the in crowd because many of them had been through her child’s cancer journey with her and I suppose that created unique bond between them. But in my family I have people who’ve lost children in terrible circumstances and they don’t go round speaking to people like tit on their shoe.
The HATE you would get if you mentioned the environmental damage of those god awful balloon releases....

"My kid tragically died. LETS KILL A FEW INNOCENT BIRDS AND HORSES DOWN WITH IT!!! And dont u DARE say anything because MY CHILD IS DEAD!!!! I simply MUST have the spectacle of a few balloons disappearing into the sky as a fitting tribute. LITTER AND DEAD ANIMALS YAY"

Paraphrasing, obvs.

From my lurking, I've seen that you can at least mention the damage they cause nowadays more without being screeched at by said brigade of MN Royalty.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The HATE you would get if you mentioned the environmental damage of those god awful balloon releases....

"My kid tragically died. LETS KILL A FEW INNOCENT BIRDS AND HORSES DOWN WITH IT!!! And dont u DARE say anything because MY CHILD IS DEAD!!!! I simply MUST have the spectacle of a few balloons disappearing into the sky as a fitting tribute. LITTER AND DEAD ANIMALS YAY"

Paraphrasing, obvs.

From my lurking, I've seen that you can at least mention the damage they cause nowadays more without being screeched at by said brigade of MN Royalty.
I have been there on those threads, so awful. Let’s kill a few animals and birds in celebration of a life.

Reactions: 6

Paraphrasing, obvs.

Don’t forget road side shrines. Anyone who suggests that they are dangerous and distract other drivers, potentially causing another accident in the same spot is subjected to a pile on.

Reactions: 2
Do you remember the aunty thread, with the young fella that came out? That was pretty weird.
There were fun threads like the zoo poster and cancel the check was a bit of a laugh until it wasn't.
I will always remember with fondness penetration man. Pen is beaker was just boke!

Was his name something like AverageGayLad or something? Reckoned he was 19 and terrified his parents would boot him out when they found out? Like parents don't already know :D
Cancel the cheque was funny because so many people read the OP then posted without reading the rest. :D
Who was penetration man?
Penis beaker was ridiculous and I'm pretty sure completely made up for tit and giggles.

Reactions: 2
That was him, although I thought he'd been in foster care. I'm not sure but I think he turned out to be a troll, there was some controversy anyway.
Penetration man ended up in classics, someone had went out with him and he whispered "Penetration" in their ear as an act of foreplay.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
Penetration man ended up in classics, someone had went out with him and he whispered "Penetration" in their ear as an act of foreplay.
I'm hearing the song Roy Castle sung at the end of Record Breakers in my head - but with a different lyric...

• Haha
That was him, although I thought he'd been in foster care. I'm not sure but I think he turned out to be a troll, there was some controversy anyway.
Oh my Christ. I missed that. :eek: :eek:

Most of Mumsnet Classics are troll threads, from what I can see. Mexican House Thief, Elderly Korean Lady et al.

Seafour/C4 was a real treat. She would just breathlessly let it allllll pour out and regale her captive audience like nothing I've ever seen before. Creative as fook I'll give her that. Tripped up posting selfies of herself on other threads though when she had claimed her nose had been left basically a horrifically scarred nub and it was fine 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Seafour/C4 was a real treat. She would just breathlessly let it allllll pour out and regale her captive audience like nothing I've ever seen before. Creative as fook I'll give her that. Tripped up posting selfies of herself on other threads though when she had claimed her nose had been left basically a horrifically scarred nub and it was fine 😂
I quite enjoyed her guided mediation: Imagine an ocean. A deep, blue ocean. A beach with white sand. A seagull flying over the sand. Pelicans chasing the current over the waves. The waves crashing on the beach. The white sand. The desert. Cactus in the desert. Blue sky. Blue, cloudless sky. Birds singing. A walled garden. Lush, green grass. Storm clouds. A cool breeze. The crack of thunder. The dark sky illuminated by lightning. A long, dirt road stretching toward the horizon. A grove of olive trees. A farmer. A woman pulling water from a well. Children playing in the distance. A tall tree, stretching up to the sky. Blue sky. Warm sun. Mountains in the distance, topped with snow. A farmhouse. A stable. Horses enclosed in a corral. Sunset. A flock of black birds in the sky. The hoot of an owl. The sounds of crickets. An old front porch with a swing. A glass of cold lemonade. A warm chair next to the fireplace. A gray cat curled on a small rug.

It was the posting from the back of the ambulance while the paramedics resuscitated her that made me doubt her story. 'Being blue lighted to hospital buslings, and I've just stopped breathing, be right back' :D :D

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I quite enjoyed her guided mediation: Imagine an ocean. A deep, blue ocean. A beach with white sand. A seagull flying over the sand. Pelicans chasing the current over the waves. The waves crashing on the beach. The white sand. The desert. Cactus in the desert. Blue sky. Blue, cloudless sky. Birds singing. A walled garden. Lush, green grass. Storm clouds. A cool breeze. The crack of thunder. The dark sky illuminated by lightning. A long, dirt road stretching toward the horizon. A grove of olive trees. A farmer. A woman pulling water from a well. Children playing in the distance. A tall tree, stretching up to the sky. Blue sky. Warm sun. Mountains in the distance, topped with snow. A farmhouse. A stable. Horses enclosed in a corral. Sunset. A flock of black birds in the sky. The hoot of an owl. The sounds of crickets. An old front porch with a swing. A glass of cold lemonade. A warm chair next to the fireplace. A gray cat curled on a small rug.

It was the posting from the back of the ambulance while the paramedics resuscitated her that made me doubt her story. 'Being blue lighted to hospital buslings, and I've just stopped breathing, be right back' :D :D
Excellent 😂

Reactions: 1
I'm making my way through this thread at night, (better than my book at the minute)
I think it was mentioned that a mumsnetter started tattle, is this correct? How do I find out more about this site is there a thread?

This thread is reminding me of the times people were complete witches to me! I once mentioned in passing that I was writing a book on a particular topic and one poster laid into me completely, telling me I don’t know what I was talking about, what right did I have blah blah. As it happens, I knew exactly what I was talking about but it made me feel so crap I changed my name and didn’t go back for months.
About 18 months ago a poster said her husband wanted to move back to the town he was from originally , where his parents live. I happen to live 3 miles away and it’s a stunning little village, with beautiful views and the sort of little cottages you pay loads for on holiday. It’s 20/30 mins away from 2 major cities and lots of work. Cue the Mumsnet vipers piling on telling her what a dump it was, and finding pictures of slightly old fashioned cottages for sale, making fun of them and making it sound like a horrible place. I tried to defend it but was ridiculed. One poster started slagging off the local school and saying how bad it is and how could you send children there...it just so happens I work there and it’s a fantastic school which is massively oversubscribed. If you live in the Welsh valleys, you’re a bit ‘backward’, according to some posters...😳

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
This thread is reminding me of the times people were complete witches to me! I once mentioned in passing that I was writing a book on a particular topic and one poster laid into me completely, telling me I don’t know what I was talking about, what right did I have blah blah. As it happens, I knew exactly what I was talking about but it made me feel so crap I changed my name and didn’t go back for months.
About 18 months ago a poster said her husband wanted to move back to the town he was from originally , where his parents live. I happen to live 3 miles away and it’s a stunning little village, with beautiful views and the sort of little cottages you pay loads for on holiday. It’s 20/30 mins away from 2 major cities and lots of work. Cue the Mumsnet vipers piling on telling her what a dump it was, and finding pictures of slightly old fashioned cottages for sale, making fun of them and making it sound like a horrible place. I tried to defend it but was ridiculed. One poster started slagging off the local school and saying how bad it is and how could you send children there...it just so happens I work there and it’s a fantastic school which is massively oversubscribed. If you live in the Welsh valleys, you’re a bit ‘backward’, according to some posters...😳
I found Mumsnet to be quite ‘London-centric’ at times.
If you didn’t live there then you were behind the times by the tone of some of the snippier posters, I recall someone saying ‘why didn’t you get an Uber?’ on AIBU about a friend leaving her mate at a pub.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.