Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
The competition for grammar school places is so fierce now and the tests are getting harder as a result. Where I live the selective schools offer the majority of their places to kids in catchment who only have to exceed the pass mark (which is actually very achievable for a bright kid). But if you’re coming from out of catchment you have to score quite exceptionally high AND there are only a handful of places on offer.

Pretty much every kid will need some degree of tutoring for the 11+ because some of the maths components will not have been covered by the school curriculum.

Reactions: 4

ATV2021

VIP Member
Just do it and hope the kids you give them to have already been drugged by all the sweets that have lsd and weed in, or injured by all the apples with razor blades in, and can’t egg your house. These things happen all the time, Facebook and mumsnet tell me so.
My brother got a packet of ham once in his trick or treat bag... and we lived on a council estate. Alas no drugs or razors for us 🤣

• Haha

Black.bird

VIP Member
The post about the nosey friend (in relation to finances) ... I think we all know of people like that. I think the OP should drop contact with that 'friend' in all honesty.

Aussie

VIP Member
I was just reading the thread where the OP bought a dress from a charity shop. She intended to wear it but didn't fit, so sold on FB for £100. I really thought they would slate her for it!

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Respiratory syncytial virus.
Basically it’s a contagious respiratory virus that goes round in winter ( although we see it all year these days) and is like a cold for most people but can really cause issues in some babies and young children (Bronchiolitis) can can also affect medically vulnerable/older adults. It’s rife atm!
Thank you. Every day is a school day on Tattle.

hungrycaterpillar

Chatty Member
The only shots I do are the ones out of a bottle.🍸🍷🍹

I thought gun cabinets had to be double locked and inaccessible to anyone not licenced to carry a gun? I don't think many Mumsnetters are genuinely hunting, shooting, fishing types, no matter how hard they pretend they are.

Yes they do. I was referring more to the location. Keys hidden and any ammunition well away.

mdizzl3

Their kids must be thick as shit if they need all that revision time. Me and my friends only revised during study leave and did alright, got As and Bs. Some of those friends even went to the coveted Oxbridge and RG unis. One of them actually is an investment banker and his life is fucking sad, we've lost touch but last I heard he just worked all the time with no time for anything else, I wouldn't want that for my child.
Yep - think they need to look up the definition of “bright” because that’s definitely not it.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Imagine if you went to your GP and said you had a sore or itchy ‘vulva’. They’d look at you as though you’d gone mad. The correct term is fucking vagina ffs!

ChickenLicking

VIP Member
The sink wash threads were, erm, interesting on MN. Does anyone recall someone's DH/DP calling it a 'Whore's Wash'? Maybe it was around the time of the much referenced penis beaker?

Screenshot_20221107-172446_Chrome.jpg

Beaker's penis?

• Haha

Melian

VIP Member
I honestly don't understand who would sit on mumsnet wasting time asking for advice from randoms if they should take their child to A+E.

The child in question has apparently got mottled skin + cold feet.
I always feel it's not that much of an emergency if you're asking!

111 is for this type of thing if you're unsure.

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
One thing I will say for them though - their politics threads are pretty well researched, well argumented and backed up. That might be because I'm a leftie though!

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
To be fair Xenia has never changed her story and always writes the same thing on every thread (earned 10x her husband, owned island, had to pay 7 figures to him in her divorce and sold the island, kids are lawyers and a postman, back at work after 2 weeks, etc etc). I worked out who she is once. I think she’s probably quite an awkward person in real life. She doesn’t seem to get social norms or have any empathy.

Edited to add: I remembered her first name so I just googled and found her again. Found a profile of herself that she had written and it’s basically her MN posts regurgitated 🤣 it’s 100% her and she is real.