Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
😁 I bet that OP will be back with a new story shortly. There was one recently about a dolls house and another poster found it for sale quite cheap, again, possibly not what that OP wanted either. Just lots of lovely 💴💴💴💴

Reactions: 4

thegirlwho2020

VIP Member
I’m gonna go with made up 😆 It’s the same if anyone mentions pensions. They’ve all been putting money into a pension since the minute they were born and if anyone asks what to do with an inheritance or a bonus, they’re always like, ‘put it in a pension!’. Someone suggested putting a possible £25,000 work bonus in a pension on a thread yesterday so the OP could continue getting child benefit (because that’s the only ‘benefit’ it’s acceptable to receive on MN).
Mental isnt it? When i actually take time to read them, I think oh fuck am I the only one in the world who hasnt got much saved ... ? MN is def the rich persons tattle if we're to believe all these humble brag posts 😂

• Haha

Pipsy

VIP Member
Anyone reading the Tiger Parenting thread? Another pile on. Wtf is wrong with them? lol. It's the same every time, someone seeks guidance and then they berate them for needing it.

Moniker

VIP Member
Even black tea/herbal tea/black coffee/zero calorie drinks aren't allowed - when I asked why not and what difference it made, I got made to feel as if I was an absolute idiot for even considering drinking anything other than water.
What rot. I do IF 16/8 x 5 days a week on water and black coffee. It's fantastic.

Codiaeum

VIP Member
What is it with the competitive eating, what do they get out of this? I notice it with many influencers as well, either boasting about the massive salads or the minimal amount of a fucking gummy bear they manage to heat before being absolutely filled to the brim.
I don't know anybody in real life who would go on and on about that? Sure, I myself don't like jelly sweets myself that much, but give me crisps or a croissant or chocolate and you better bet I eat it. And they even do the same about the eating habits of their strapping sons and birdlike daughters. Are they projecting some sort of eating disorder on them? That would actually be pretty nasty for the kids.

ATV2021

VIP Member
I didn’t realise a tumble drier signified class.
Does she think she’s posh and her colleagues aren’t or the other way round?
What a ridiculous thread 🤪🤪
I'd have thought, with the cost of running the things, that owning a tumble dryer signified that you're rich? 😆 in the winter when it takes 5 working days for clothes to dry inside, I could sure use one lol

maytoseptember

VIP Member
IIRC when DMs were manufactured in the UK, Solovair used to make them. So they're pretty similar. I'm tempted to try a pair because I like the idea of supporting something UK-made.

Melian

VIP Member
Why do people insist on the abbreviations DH, DW, DS, DD. For fuck sake, if they’re your husband, wife, son or daughter, I think it’s clear you must like them quite a bit. You don’t need to prove your love for them by putting the abbreviation for darling in front of it!
I don't think I've seen so many abbreviations on one website. Can understand it on twitter because of the character limit

bourb0nbiscuits

Chatty Member
Their mirrors are filthy. One of them keeps posting photos with a giant handprint on the mirror. They need to sack their cleaner View attachment 1748255
None of them seem to be acquainted with an iron either. Their £100 Sezane jumpers (old) all look really wrinkly.

And this one arrived at the soft play by donkey going by the headwear. View attachment 1748263
The wardrobe and flooring don’t match 🤔

Cauliflower cheese mandatory with a roast? The fuck?
Not in this house !

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
Now, now mumsnetters never, ever set foot in Blackpool. Don’t you know they all go to Lytham and Cleveleys instead?
One of the weirdest experiences of my life. Checked in and fire alarms went off. Did the obligatory wait a minute to see if it goes off, it didn’t. Made my way to the fire exit and was utterly bollocked by a security guard for it. Pointed out the fire alarm, he shrugged and said I had to go through reception.
Got to reception to find half the guests there looking angry, some in just towels and clearly no fire.

Also my sea view room wasn’t because the windows were that dirty 😂

• Haha

Louby@21

Chatty Member
Only on mumsnet or the better paid maybe! I’m on maybe £26k with unsocial payments but before tax, pension etc. We have low outgoings and no kids so up to now manage a comfortable lifestyle. My partner earns a few more but saves more. We aren’t big spenders material wise but like a meal out and city breaks.

The only people I know that earn that kinda £80k upwards are senior doctors/consultants at work. My friendship group doesn’t even earn half that. £80k is a salary I’d never achieve in healthcare doing what I do.

Cariad

VIP Member
Does anyone follow the thread of the woman who’s husband is “gravely ill”? What a load of crap. I expect it started as a troll thread for a bored housewife but it’s turned in to a massive novel, has about 100 characters, a new drama every couple of weeks. Spurred on by the worlds most qualified member of staff the nhs has, olympicsrock, who is a surgeon and consultant in just about every speciality the human body has according to her posts all over mumsnet. I don’t understand why so many lap it up and don’t call her out.
Is that one still going?! I was following it , but it became so ridiculous!

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
I agree. You’d always have people saying “Oh she’s totally for real” and I just never quite bought it. It’s all too weird, too outrageous and too implausible IMO.
I don't really post on MN anymore because I got piled on for an innocent question so limped off feeling a bit hurt. But I met one of my best friends on there so it's not all bad :)

With Xenia some people said they had read her divorce case in the press. Whether this was the actual person is unsure but I'm inclined to believe it is.