Mumsnet #7 Tinkly little laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only shots I do are the ones out of a bottle.🍸🍷🍹

I thought gun cabinets had to be double locked and inaccessible to anyone not licenced to carry a gun? I don't think many Mumsnetters are genuinely hunting, shooting, fishing types, no matter how hard they pretend they are.
the interior wall thing is gun cabinets also need to be bolted securely to a load bearing wall. So no chance of just nicking the entire cabinet if you can’t get the guns out. You’d have to take the house as well 😂

certain other countries could take note. Rather than leaving loaded weapons where their toddlers, or dogs, can shoot themselves or each other.

Reactions: 11
This didn't go down particularly well for the OP. Mumsnetters are definitely the "office stirrer" types.

Screenshot 2022-11-16 8.36.34 AM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 8
See I think that’s hilarious, but I can see how it didn’t go down well amongst that po-faced bunch.

• Haha
plus a stripey breton T... maybe the onions round the neck might be a bit OTT?
Bloody hell, there’s a cost of living crisis (apparently, not sure it’s real because I’ve seen people in Tesco buying non-essentials) so we can’t afford red lipstick, navy trousers and striped tops. Just do what I did and grow a little black moustache and talk about cheese and people just assume you’re French and you can openly insult British people.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Posh people don't tend to brag about how much money they have, and how much all their expensive clothes and jewellery cost, and how gifted and talented their privately educated offspring are. They also DGAF about whether people are upper class, middle class, working class or (like me) lower class.
They also don’t tend to fuss about things being pristine or messy dogs or muddy boots etc. Fussing about kids making a mess or saying some buildings in an area don’t look very naice is very middle class :)

Weirdly genuine posh people would find someone coming to their house and fussing over a pristine table about twenty times more hilarious than someone turning up in a stained tracksuit 😂

Ah yes, the obsession with Frenchness and the mistaken belief that all French women are slender and elegant.

And MN code for "fat" is when someone complains they have to wear a size 14 despite their teeny tiny waist, because they're a "classic hourglass" and modern clothes just aren't made for superior bodies like theirs.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ah yes, the obsession with Frenchness and the mistaken belief that all French women are slender and elegant.

And MN code for "fat" is when someone complains they have to wear a size 14 despite their teeny tiny waist, because they're a "classic hourglass" and modern clothes just aren't made for superior bodies like theirs.
There’s a thread about someone whose doctor has told them to lose 6kg as only on the top of the ok BMI range…. Cue all the competitive weight comments. If you are over a 21 BMI on mumsnet you are positively going to die of Ill health you are sooo huge!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There’s a thread about someone whose doctor has told them to lose 6kg as only on the top of the ok BMI range…. Cue all the competitive weight comments. If you are over a 21 BMI on mumsnet you are positively going to die of Ill health you are sooo huge!
That bloody site is a horrific place for promoting eating disorders. Anyone over a size 10 is considered overweight. A size 12 is bordering on morbid obesity. In real life, how many fully grown women do you know who are a tiny size 6 - 8?

Reactions: 11
That bloody site is a horrific place for promoting eating disorders. Anyone over a size 10 is considered overweight. A size 12 is bordering on morbid obesity. In real life, how many fully grown women do you know who are a tiny size 6 - 8?
They’ll be sending round a crane to get my size 14 ass out of my bed

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I seen that 🤣 and someone blamed tik tok for the stupid trend. Its quite funny how worked up some people were getting on there

As I said its Tutoring to ensure they are getting at least a top 60 place and not tutored to pass.

It's simply not enough to get a score on or above the pass mark, you need to be getting almost full marks or as near as to get a place.

My child has a friend at the grammar school and his Mom was saying that 300 passed the eleven plus, 220 applied for this particular grammar and only the top 60 got a place, despite all passing. The ones who got the place, including her son, were tutored to a high a mark as possible.

The next nearest grammar school only takes 90 children and the next takes a 100 but that's about an hour and a half away in rush hour
This wasn’t my experience though - my school was also oversubscribed (as was my brother’s), we both got good marks as did many of our friends, and none of us were tutored bar practise papers at home. The ones who were tutored were the ones that did fairly average/struggled in the school. I think people who do a certain thing are convinced everyone else does that thing to make themselves feel better, but it’s just not true that “everyone” gets tutored. If you’re genuinely very academic then it’s not a competition to get in, just like if you’re sporty it’s not hard to do well on sports day. My original point was that everyone on MN claims their kid is “really bright” (and sporty, and tall) when it’s clearly bollocks and them showing off. As well as the 6 figure salaries and hedge fund manager DHs at the “top of their game”…

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Surprised there’s not a thread saying “AIBU - anyone over a size 12 should not leave the house”
Can people over a size 12 even leave the house? I think they can only do that if channel 5 makes a documentary about them and pays for the side of their house to be cut off.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.