Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dunno about £4k behind the walls but when we were clearing out my mum’s house my brother and I found 6 diazepams in the bedside drawer. We were dead chuffed.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
The Dubai-bashing killllllllls me and I honestly have to close those threads for the sake of my own sanity.

(For full disclosure, I have lived in Dubai for 10+ years, my three kids were born and raised here and I think it's one of the best cities on earth)
It’s just snobbery. There are frequently similar threads about Benidorm and Tenerife. Both places that I love and would go back to tomorrow. You’ve got to remember these are people who’s ideal holiday is one of those dusty French camp sites that are full of pine trees with shared toilet and washing facilities and an artisan bakery nearby. I’d rather tit in my hands and clap personally.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Thread of the day...
that is pretty weird from a primary school kid isn’t it?! Not sure I’d be shaking and crying (why are MNers always shaking? 🤣) but I guess I’d feel a bit …sad? that a kid under aged 10 is saying stuff like that.

Reactions: 3
Its been beautiful and sunny for around 2 days near me and the annual, I hate the heat I wish it would rain brigade are out in full moany force.

I get it if they lived in Spain etc but don't we get enough grey drizzly days in England?

Reactions: 7
It’s just snobbery. There are frequently similar threads about Benidorm and Tenerife. Both places that I love and would go back to tomorrow. You’ve got to remember these are people who’s ideal holiday is one of those dusty French camp sites that are full of pine trees with shared toilet and washing facilities and an artisan bakery nearby. I’d rather tit in my hands and clap personally.
Tbh I think the majority of posters are inventing stuff and want to be seen as snobs. Hence their bullshit about looking down on things that are enjoyed by many people be it holiday destinations or restaurants or food or whatever.

Because there sure are an awful lot on there who according to themselves, manage teams of thousands of people, they or their DH or both are on six figure salaries. 🤔 And yet for such supposed high fliers, they seem to spend an awful lot of time posting on MN.
Don't get me started on the ones who come on asking for advice about how to manage a team member. Really, really? You have this six figure salary job, and there's nobody in this prestigious well known but must not be outed company that you can discuss a situation with but instead choose to splash it all out on the internet 🙄🤔 ho hum.

Reactions: 14
I still can't work out why they object to lav brushes so much 🤔

Like you're gonna be sticking your hand down the bog to clean skid marks off the sides after manky brother in law has visited 🤢

I DON'T THINK SO BETSY!

Tbh I think the majority of posters are inventing stuff and want to be seen as snobs. Hence their bullshit about looking down on things that are enjoyed by many people be it holiday destinations or restaurants or food or whatever.

Because there sure are an awful lot on there who according to themselves, manage teams of thousands of people, they or their DH or both are on six figure salaries. 🤔 And yet for such supposed high fliers, they seem to spend an awful lot of time posting on MN.
Don't get me started on the ones who come on asking for advice about how to manage a team member. Really, really? You have this six figure salary job, and there's nobody in this prestigious well known but must not be outed company that you can discuss a situation with but instead choose to splash it all out on the internet 🙄🤔 ho hum.
They also slag off Benidorm etc and insist they cant understand why people want to go there and then comment on another thread with bullshit faux confusion, "how can you not understand people like different things?!"

And it's always followed by how theyve never been to the place they are slagging off

Benidorm is fab and I don’t care what anyone says. Yes it can be rowdy, yes it’s basically like Blackpool in Spain but it’s also got beautiful clean beaches, a zoo, a theme park a water park and some fantastic hotels. I love tacky stuff so enjoyed all the cabaret and fun pubs etc, but you don’t have to have that if you don’t want to. Stay further out away from the front and it’s much quieter, and the old town is absolutely gorgeous with amazing tapas restaurants. It’s a very misunderstood place.

Reactions: 15
I don't think MN has affected my mental health but it's made me oddly judgemental about anyone who loves autumn, doesn't do well in heat, prefers camping to beach holidays, enjoys alone time and likes salads, because I now automatically roll my eyes and go "oh god, you're one of Those People". Even though I also fit into all of the above categories 😂

I LOVE a good holiday thread. It always devolves into the 'cottage in the UK' camp slagging off anyone who goes abroad because they're a chav who just wants to get pissed on an all-inclusive package holiday, the 'proper foreign culture' camp slagging off the UK and sniffily reminding everyone that going abroad covers more than just all-inclusive package holidays, and the people who actually go on all-inclusive package holidays and don't give a tit as long as they get to sunbathe for a week and don't have to cook. As someone who'd happily do all three, the increasingly personal and bitchy arguments about something I absolutely couldn't care less about are extremely funny to me. Add in the odd poster who thinks we should all be staying home knitting socks out of nettles to combat climate change, and/or reminding the rest of us that covid hasn't gone away, and it's just perfection.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Anyone reading 'Countryside folks are dramatic about litter' thread? OP is a desperate tit stirrer but no one's taking the bait.

...And OP finally admits to it. :ROFLMAO:

Untitled.jpg

• Haha
This is why Mumsnet is a haven for trolls wanting money:

Someone posts for advice for thrush and mentions in the OP that she has no money for 8 days. She wanted to know if she could use athlete’s foot cream to cure her thrush.
Im assuming this is from the thread where the OP asked if she should apply athletes foot cream to her labia?

Edit: She’s also asked if she can use Frubes to thread her thrush instead of natural yoghurt. This has to be a wind up surely?!

• Haha
This woman wants to find out what kind of syndrome her son has. I'm no medical professional but I would say it's a straightforward case of being a bit of an unlikeable head - no medication available for that sadly.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I love how no one can just be an asshole anymore, it's either autism or some mental health disorder. Some people are just nasty bastards I'm afraid and that's it. It's also a bit insulting to those of us who are neurodivrrgent and perfectly lovely people

• Heart
Reactions: 21
This is why Mumsnet is a haven for trolls wanting money:

Someone posts for advice for thrush and mentions in the OP that she has no money for 8 days. She wanted to know if she could use athlete’s foot cream to cure her thrush.
Does she have twins? 😉

I love how no one can just be an asshole anymore, it's either autism or some mental health disorder. Some people are just nasty bastards I'm afraid and that's it. It's also a bit insulting to those of us who are neurodivrrgent and perfectly lovely people
Agreed.
Plus it's extraordinary how someone can be diagnosed on an internet forum.
Who needs any training or experience in such things? Who needs to go on waiting lists for appointments?
Just post on MN. 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Plus it's extraordinary how someone can be diagnosed on an internet forum.
Who needs any training or experience in such things? Who needs to go on waiting lists for appointments?
Just post on MN. 🙄
I encountered someone years ago on an internet forum claiming to be a nurse. She then told me that I can't possibly have Autism. We don't know each other at all. Funny how people who actually know me, will tell you different.

Reactions: 8
I truly hate mumsnet- the posters on there will be so rude in a way they wouldn’t dare to be in real life. I also find that if you comment people will react as if they know better than you, even if your commenting about something that happened to you. For example, there was a thread about toddlers lying and I said I don’t think toddlers lie, they just don’t have a reliable memory, so will often mix up things that happened, putting together two or three different scenarios. I gave the example of my daughter who told her teachers that my husband locked me in the bathroom, it didn’t happen, the lock on the door actually broke and I was stuck, so my husband had to knock the door down. I had posters say “I believe your daughter” and tried to make out as if my husband is abusive, like they knew my life better than me. After that I deleted my profile and never went back on.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.