Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On Mothers Day there are always tons of threads moaning that their DH's haven't planned anything special for the day but it's obvious none of them do anything for Fathers Day

Reactions: 4
On Mothers Day there are always tons of threads moaning that their DH's haven't planned anything special for the day but it's obvious none of them do anything for Fathers Day
That’s because all men are bastards and tit fathers in Mumsnet Land.

Reactions: 9
The ableism is so disgusting there. They hate autistics and never miss an opportunity to make up ridiculous threads in order to bash autism. It's the most ableist place I've ever been to. They're about 20 years out of date when it comes to what's acceptable and what's not.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I pay workmen there and then whilst they're still in my house. They show me invoice and I do it on my phone. Wouldn't dream of doing it any other way. My painter said he's now started taking deposits cos people will drag out paying, now I know why!

Reactions: 11
That tradesman thing is awful. Why didn’t she pay him at the completion of work??
Poor guy could have planned a weekend with family, his mrs is probably on mumsnet complaining that her husband is a deadbeat who says he has no money for their weekend plans

• Sad
  • Heart
I’ll say it again. Tradesmen are the new upwardly mobile middle classes. You’ll never find a poor plumber or electrician and the course places and apprenticeships needed to train to become one are like gold dust for that reason. I think theres a resentment and a bit of snobbery because its not something that requires a degree from a Russell Group uni, something they all hold in such his esteem over there.

Reactions: 23
They never fart in front of their other halves either. There have been threads on there where they’ve boasted they’ve been married for 20 plus years and never trumped in front of their DH’s once. They must all have corks stuck up their backsides. Bugger that for a game of cards!

• Haha
There is a thread at the moment about pink and blue jobs. They actually believe that people are serious when they talk about bins being a blue job or washing up being a pink job.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
The ableism is so disgusting there. They hate autistics and never miss an opportunity to make up ridiculous threads in order to bash autism. It's the most ableist place I've ever been to. They're about 20 years out of date when it comes to what's acceptable and what's not.
Yet, they all seem to have children with Autism (and yes, I know that being disabled / having a disabled child doesn't stop you being ableist.

Reactions: 3
More tradesman bashing. Yes how dare they chase payment for the work they’ve carried out 🙄
Cheeky fucker. I always pay my invoice the same day. How long she is she planning to leave it before she pays?!

They never fart in front of their other halves either. There have been threads on there where they’ve boasted they’ve been married for 20 plus years and never trumped in front of their DH’s once. They must all have corks stuck up their backsides. Bugger that for a game of cards!
That's why they are all so uptight. Full of wind!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
More tradesman bashing. Yes how dare they chase payment for the work they’ve carried out 🙄
Depends on the small print. Usually they please make a payment within a week or settle up immediately within 24.

I personally hate being in debt even if it’s a small
amount so would have paid as soon as possible.

Reactions: 1
I see her point though (sorry). Men seeing sex as a reward for something is so transactional and generally ewww.

Reactions: 13
I see her point though (sorry). Men seeing sex as a reward for something is so transactional and generally ewww.
Yeah that is true. We’ve been on a train all day in the sticky heat, no bastard sandwiches on buffet car, suitcases piled up around us, I’m jiggling the baby on my lap, and my husband leant in and said ‘do you want to have sex when we get home?’
I said flatly ‘not especially, no’ He was sad but has recovered well, to his credit.
I should have started a Mumsnet thread about it. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.