Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
had the usual responses of people who manage to spend £30 for a family of 8 weekly which includes breakfast/lunch/dinner/snacks plus wine and treats for kids… if they can manage everyone else can 🤣
They are also the 'huge salad' families and are full for three days on that.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
They found four grand ripping a kitchen out and informed the solicitor???? Why?!!!! The fact some people are so unnecessarily honest makes me irrationally angry 😂
Same! But surely if said money has been in storage for an untold number of years, it’ll all be in old defunct notes?

But yeah, MNers loooooove an honesty thread. They get so riled up over the tiniest things. I swear you’d have someone argue the ethics of keeping a fiver they found in the street.

Reactions: 7
They found four grand ripping a kitchen out and informed the solicitor???? Why?!!!! The fact some people are so unnecessarily honest makes me irrationally angry 😂
Apparently it's the old £20 notes, had it not been the cas
I think it's the fact it was the old £20 notes. Had it been new ones, they may of thought differently. I found £100 sticking out of a cash machine years ago. I did the good thing & handed it in. I was going through fertility treatment at the time & needed some good karma!

Reactions: 5
I found £3k in my mums's knicker drawer dressing table when we were clearing out her house after she died
Confession time: I was only 20 and we had to clear out great Aunt's house. I think I was assigned to the wardrobe and I did hesitate for a second holding a bulky sock and then called out that I'd found a wad of money. I should have fleed with the sock and ran off to South America (semi joking)

Reactions: 7
I found a £20 note on the pavement a couple of months ago, it was a windy day and probably blew out of someones hand. I didn't feel guilty about it

Reactions: 9
I found a £20 note on the pavement a couple of months ago, it was a windy day and probably blew out of someones hand. I didn't feel guilty about it
That's completely different though! I don't think anyone would have reported missing a £20 note and you had nothing to go by.

You were a litter collector, doing your public duty.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My dearly departed Dad, when he was quite poorly, kept talking about the “money upstairs”. After he died, Mum and I had a damn good hunt around and found no stashed money. We’d love to find where he stashed it/thinks he stashed it!!🤣

• Haha
There's an absolute witch fight going on now on a thread where someone asked why people holiday in Dubai.

• Haha
  • Wow
The Dubai-bashing killllllllls me and I honestly have to close those threads for the sake of my own sanity.

(For full disclosure, I have lived in Dubai for 10+ years, my three kids were born and raised here and I think it's one of the best cities on earth)

Reactions: 11
I know it has human rights issues but I do wonder what others countries from afar make of the UK...

Attacking the RNLI for rescuing children from dying at sea
A PM who was partying whilst people died
No punishment for the Grenfell fire
Police officers being done for sexual assault, racism, rape and even murder
Racially abusing footballers
A terrorist seemingly every six months
Children killed at a music concert
Rwanda flight
Increasing food banks
Etc etc etc

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.