Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I encountered someone years ago on an internet forum claiming to be a nurse. She then told me that I can't possibly have Autism. We don't know each other at all. Funny how people who actually know me, will tell you different.
That's my point exactly.

And Mumsnet is dreadful for it. Armchair diagnosis within seconds of a post.
Dementia, autism, you name it, it will be reeled out. Bingo.

Reactions: 5
Has anyone read that nasty thread in AIBU about the person who was told she can’t speak English properly? When reading the OP I instantly spotted she meant “was” and “wax” was just a typo, but cue pages and pages of horrible, sneery comments. I saw it last night and surprised it’s still up tbh

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Has anyone read that nasty thread in AIBU about the person who was told she can’t speak English properly? When reading the OP I instantly spotted she meant “was” and “wax” was just a typo, but cue pages and pages of horrible, sneery comments. I saw it last night and surprised it’s still up tbh
awful thread. Mumsnetters all claim to be very clever but they can’t even understand a typo where it’s very clear what the meaning is. Pathetic. I haven’t read the whole thread yet but hope the poor OP is ok.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I hate it when they sneer and make jokes and comments about other people's grammar/spelling mistakes. It's so rude, some people have learning difficulties/autism/dyslexia which makes it difficult to process language.

And I agree with the armchair diagnoses - things like autism, narcissism and dementia being regularly trotted out.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My spelling and grammar isn’t always great, but I had anxiety as a child and school refused so I’ve got I’ve got gaps in my learning. But really, does it really matter? It’s MN not a thesis.

Reactions: 16
My spelling and grammar isn’t always great, but I had anxiety as a child and school refused so I’ve got I’ve got gaps in my learning. But really, does it really matter? It’s MN not a thesis.
No, it doesn't matter.
Once again, it's ignoramuses trying to sound clever who nitpick over other people's spelling and grammar and pretend not to know what they mean. 😡

This woman wants to find out what kind of syndrome her son has. I'm no medical professional but I would say it's a straightforward case of being a bit of an unlikeable head - no medication available for that sadly.
I’m not here to diagnose someone based on a brief description on the internet, but god, it pisses me right off whenever I see a parent list a ton of autistic traits, but dismiss autism on the basis of being able to make eye contact 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Lately every other thread feels made up or so petty that I can't believe people post about them.

Anyone seen the thread 'Neighbour constantly throwing food out to birds and now one tit on my baby'? It's every bit as stupid and pointless and probably made up as it sounds, but I did laugh at the poster who replied "You can't exactly enforce a no-fly zone over your baby, sorry."

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Mumsnet will be in overdrive today with Fathers Day threads. One more ornate and invented than the next.
I think I will give it a miss.

Reactions: 9
Mumsnet will be in overdrive today with Fathers Day threads. One more ornate and invented than the next.
I think I will give it a miss.
There was one this morning moaning that her kids had to be prompted to say ‘Happy Mothers Day’ but said ‘Happy Fathers Day’ of their own free will🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I honestly can’t believe adult women (in the main) who are inevitably senior members of a ‘team’ in charge of huge projects, working full time, have kids, juggling (always bliddy juggling!) with all the life admin they do, come on Mumsnet to ask something ridiculous like ‘should I take my neighbours parcel in, she looked at me funny this morning?’

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.