Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Justine has always been nasty. Hence why Mumsnet gets its reputation from. She’s still stuck back when the site was created. She is all about her.

Reactions: 7
Justine has always been nasty. Hence why Mumsnet gets its reputation from. She’s still stuck back when the site was created. She is all about her.
She doesn’t react well to being questioned. I first noticed this years ago when she booked to Paris Lees for blog fest, presumably to appear ‘edgy’ and inclusive. There was a huge uproar from users in response to Lees’ having written some awful articles about how ‘empowering’ and feminine it is to be sexually harassed in the street, and how ‘sexy’ it is to cry whilst you’re being f*cked.

Justine was incredibly sneery, condescending and dismissive towards anyone voicing an objection, and I remember thinking how unprofessional her comments were.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Not true that you signed up to Premium for not a lot.
You got a jute bag. A MUMSNET JUTE BAG 🤣
Although presumably you’d have had to have given them your address. Not a good idea 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Poster says that her teenage daughter ordered a vegan burger from Wetherspoons and was twice given one with bacon hidden in the middle.

This is the first reply:

1654767568871.png

bleeping stupid sanctimonious witch. Oh yes, an obvious non meat eater who ORDERED A VEGAN BURGER and was upset to find bacon in it, should OF COURSE be 'glad of the bacon'.

She gets pulled up on it later and it's a 'joke', obviously.

Classic Mumsnet twattery.

Reactions: 19
I don't know any vegans who would be happy to eat bacon. My sister is a vegetarian and she would be really upset if she ordered something meat free and it had bacon in it. A joke, my eye.

Reactions: 13
I don't know any vegans who would be happy to eat bacon. My sister is a vegetarian and she would be really upset if she ordered something meat free and it had bacon in it. A joke, my eye.
I have cried when i accidentally ate bacon without realizing it.

If any of my friends did that to me on purpose we wouldn’t be friends.

Reactions: 13
I have cried when i accidentally ate bacon without realizing it.

If any of my friends did that to me on purpose we wouldn’t be friends.
Yes, same here. And if it had happened to me in restaurant- TWICE- I would have gone mental.

But oh no, that fuckwit decided to preach about the content of the vegan burger rather than the flesh that was provided.

Reactions: 4
I just hate the high-handed attitude about vegan food being ultra-processed, which means meat is automatically “better”. I know some vegans can be twattish but it doesn’t give you carte blanche to say something as ludicrous as “you should be happy that the burger was contaminated with meat!”

Reactions: 12
PASSPORTS! How do I get one? There are no slots available and despite booking a holiday last night that starts tomorrow none of my DCs, DH, DSSS, DM, DT, GTLs, DTFs have a valid passport! Have I left them in the old suitcases?

Also…

Children. HELP! I have 38939491881 DCs and 87364782 DSCs. My family live 2389493 miles away and are NC, I have no friends, no education, I’ve never worked, can’t stand, type, read or write. I hate people, only shower once a month, am a vegan and have 4 elderly dogs. I don’t have broadband or phone credit.
My husband is evil and won’t give me money, (he is a high earner), totally outing, I have three sets of twins on the way next week.
We live on a remote island in the outer Hebrides, but I can’t speak Scottish.
What can I do?
Take in washing? I don’t have a washing machine!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Anyone seen the poster who's thinking of rearranging their whole wedding because the historic venue they are getting married at is no longer serving Red wine? They are thinking of cancelling because they're having beef for the main course and it won't go with the rosé the venue are offering in place of it. Oh and DM loves red wine and it wouldn't be fair for her not to have an alcoholic drink at the wedding. Disappointing but I'm not sure I'd cancel the venue over it!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Anyone seen the poster who's thinking of rearranging their whole wedding because the historic venue they are getting married at is no longer serving Red wine? They are thinking of cancelling because they're having beef for the main course and it won't go with the rosé the venue are offering in place of it. Oh and DM loves red wine and it wouldn't be fair for her not to have an alcoholic drink at the wedding. Disappointing but I'm not sure I'd cancel the venue over it!
It’s the fact that OP wants to take the venue through the small claims court that made me piss :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What’s the title, I can’t find it

Yes that one is hilarious. You can't eat beef without red wine?! I don't drink, never have, none of my family drink, but we've always managed to enjoy eating beef. People are egging her on.

Reactions: 11
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but anyone remember the MN poster who was seeking advice on how to deal with her husband’s “poo crumbs” in their bed as he always slept naked? 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but anyone remember the MN poster who was seeking advice on how to deal with her husband’s “poo crumbs” in their bed as he always slept naked? 🤢
Yes! How would you get to the point in your life when you were a married adult, and still couldn't wipe your own arse properly? :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.