Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right I’ve now seen it all.

The OP is going to complain about her hotel because someone stole her childrens bucket and spade, and the beach was too stoney and the tide was too strong.

E4822518-343D-4E25-A2A2-2A079E9A4618.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

The OP is going to complain about her hotel because someone stole her childrens bucket and spade, and the beach was too stoney and the tide was too strong.

View attachment 1326119
I've read all the OP's posts and I'm still none the wiser as to what actually happened. Did other little kids play with her children's stuff and then wander off with it without her stopping them, or did her family just leave their toys in the pool to be 'fished out' and expect to find them in the lost property pile at the end of each day? Also if a bucket is so expensive to buy at a five star resort why not leave the hotel briefly and buy one somewhere cheaper, if it's by the sea surely there's loads of shops around selling that sort of thing? Also why did she keep buying sandcastle buckets anyway if there wasn't any sand??? So many questions!

This response did make me laugh though.

1654630511691.png

• Haha
Reactions: 32
This data breach sounds a bit serious tbh. A poster was reported by three other posters, who were then given her email address. If these people don’t like her and can now find her, it’s a bit worrying.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I don’t see mumsnet being around in a few years. They haven’t evolved to use other forms of social media successfully. The upgrade is rubbish- still can’t edit or like posts. There doesn’t seem to be as many posts either as there used to be. Plus they continue to skate around the trans issue.

Reactions: 12

Yel

I know bugger all about this sort of stuff. Does anyone here know if this is accurate?
The first post is bs. The data is all there and theoretically it wouldn't be difficult to code it into an email template, although you'd have to be pretty stupid. They might have got mixed up with what was the reporter email address and the email address of the user reported.

It probably would have leaked everyone's email address that used the report thing until it's fixed. Was this hours, days or minutes? Either way very bad. I wouldn't believe Justine that it's a very few number of users either, why not say the exact amount and let people judge if that's very few? Does she even know?

We get it in the neck on tattle when people doxx themselves by their posts. It's shocking the amount of leaks they've had and still keep going.

Reactions: 11
I don’t see mumsnet being around in a few years. They haven’t evolved to use other forms of social media successfully. The upgrade is rubbish- still can’t edit or like posts. There doesn’t seem to be as many posts either as there used to be. Plus they continue to skate around the trans issue.
The upgrade is really bad and I've largely stopped reading it.

Reactions: 6
Someone started an AIBU thread about the data breach and about 90% of the replies were "why would it even matter if some random person got your email address?", so maybe the reason they keep getting away with it is because lots of the users are too dumb to care?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14

Yel

It's just a fine they'd get for the data stuff I believe?

I'd imagine it'll be like water off a ducks back seeing as Justine says they employ 100 people and pay 350k a month in wages. Must be making serious money from brands and God knows how many are giving them £5 a month after their cash donation begs.

Reactions: 8
Someone started an AIBU thread about the data breach and about 90% of the replies were "why would it even matter if some random person got your email address?", so maybe the reason they keep getting away with it is because lots of the users are too dumb to care?
They've never been hacked, clearly. I have and someone (the first I knew of it) posted some personal emails on a forum.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
God knows how many are giving them £5 a month after their cash donation begs.
I think that was the beginning a more significant change in perception of MN by its users. £5 per month for not very much at all was not good value and was not launched in a good way, which tends to be the case with changes to MN.

Reactions: 7

View attachment 1326119
I wonder if it's the same woman who went on holiday and stayed in the same hotel as me then went to the Sun newspaper because the hotel had no British tv channels and all the staff only spoke Spanish 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My god Justine is a passive aggressive little witch isn't she???
Her replies on the data breach are shocking.
Absolutely indefensible behaviour by the CEO of a multi-million company that has potentially doxxed numerous of its users by way of its latest in a long line of data duck-ups.

Her snidey, supercilious defence of ‘well, this particular poster who dared to complain publicly isn’t very nice anyway so who gives a toss?’ is dreadful.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.