Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband just showed me a photo of a haribo ring when he proposed and I count be happier. We got married in a register office with two witnesses and then just went to work and we’ve been married 89 years and he cut off his narcissist mother for me and does 50% of everything while holding down his 6 figure niche job and raising our very tall, skinny twins with me.
He only does 50% he should be doing AT least 70%. Get your ducks in a row. Have you considered he may be having an affair?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've seen many threads where they say they have no friends, are happy to just be with their husband (they do everything together) and I just think how claustrophobic it sounds. I personally would go insane being around the same person that much.
It would be so tedious.
Also, every single time there's a thread from a normal person who's feeling lonely for some reason that's not their fault - because they've moved to a new area or had a long period of illness that meant they fell out of touch with people or something - someone inevitably pops up to talk about how they're an introvert and perfectly happy in their own company, always with this weird air of smugness like not having friends makes them a better person. I'm always like, no-one asked you??
I'm surprised some of you think they're ethnocentric, it must be the threads we lurk in then because that was not my impression. The stuff I come across seems anti-Brit if anything.
I don't think they're mutually exclusive. They have little to no experience of other cultures so in their minds all the EU countries are perfect, everyone in South Asia and Africa is living a simple peasant life with their rural tribal traditions and appreciating the small things in life etc etc, it's only in the UK where everything is uniquely terrible and our lives are literally worse than those of people living in the Mumbai slums. Apart from America which is obviously even more awful.
Words bleeping fail with me with this gem. Cant believe she’s seriously considering complaining to the school about it😂

View attachment 1310572
Unpopular opinion but I do actually think this is a real issue. I have a friend whose children can't be in school photos because the whole family are at risk from the shildren's father and he's not allowed to know where they live or go to school (depressingly common situation unfortunately). The consequences of someone like that finding out which school a child attends because they happen to catch sight of their name on another kid's jumper on the bus or something could be horrendous. Just put 'A. Smith' or 'Alex S.' or whatever and you've eliminated the risk without any downside.

Obviously fine if they've got permission from parents/guardians or not included children where there's known safeguarding risks, but it sounds like they haven't as the OP was taken by surprise at the point of being able to order the hoodie. It's at least worth double checking with the school IMO.

Reactions: 6
Do people go around reading the names on leavers hoodies though @Sglodion? I can’t say I ever have, and they‘re not a new thing either so quite why the OP was so taken by surprise I don’t know as surely she would have been aware they’re a huge part of kids leaving primary school?

Not only that, but it’s the final half term of year 6 so the risks of revealing which school a child attends is pretty minimal.

Reactions: 3
My husband just showed me a photo of a haribo ring when he proposed and I count be happier. We got married in a register office with two witnesses and then just went to work and we’ve been married 89 years and he cut off his narcissist mother for me and does 50% of everything while holding down his 6 figure niche job and raising our very tall, skinny twins with me.
Does he claim to be busy with hobbies on the weekends? You don't have to say if they're outing (think cycling). Because it sounds to me like he's cheating. Probably with the 20 year old from work. He's reading from the script OP, get all your ducks in a row and a tit hot lawyer.

Have you left yet OP? you need to go NOW

• Haha
Does he claim to be busy with hobbies on the weekends? You don't have to say if they're outing (think cycling). Because it sounds to me like he's cheating. Probably with the 20 year old from work. He's reading from the script OP, get all your ducks in a row and a tit hot lawyer.

Have you left yet OP? you need to go NOW
I agree. I also must add that MY DH does all the housework once he gets home after his daily twelve hour commute from his six figure salary job. He buys me presents every day and sends me flowers every hour on the hour. Do you feel bad enough yet OP about the tit deal you got compared to MY wonderful DH? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
They’re all useless, my ex never even got up in the night to breastfeed either of our two, it was all down to me! Plus the toxic MIL who offered to look after them OVERNIGHT, and pesters me every Christmas and birthday to ask what presents to buy them, then sends a card with no money in, it lands on my doormat without fail on the right days each year and it’s very triggering for me. I don’t need that kind of negativity in my life.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Sounds like a narcissist, get your ducks in a row, LTB

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Oh god this is tedious now. Yes we all recognise a Mumsnet cliché but I'd rather witch about the real threads than read all this Tattle fiction. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 25
There’s currently a nice bun fight going on about whether you should allow toddlers to wee in a bush 😂

• Haha
When their husbands or bf have a few drinks with their mates they go off their head with anger and stress. Like what’s that issue?

I wish they could experience me being drunk after a night out, so I could truly reassure them that it could be worse. I’ve stumbled in the door at 5am drunk and stoned out of my mind, McDonald’s in hand, done a 360 somersault over the bed, break the slats of the bed all because I’ve tripped on the end of the frame, soak the bathroom because I tried to take my makeup off, keep moving and twisting cause I keep getting the spinnies, then wake them up offering previously mentioned McDonald’s and because I’m singing songs and want to tell them stories of the night then proceed to dry heave in the waste bin all while crying.

I think they’d take me to court for spousal abuse.
Can you take me on the next night out please Alan 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
"I'm going to Aldi, give me recommendations".

It's a supermarket, how do I know what you like and don't like?!

There's a thread I had to stop reading. Posters child was doing her GCSE exam and her phone fell out of her pocket, now there's a likelihood she will have her exam paper disqualified. Lots of posters jumping in with "haha but it's half term so she couldn't have sat an exam nanananah caught you out" eventhough she has explained several times that she's in Northern Ireland, it's not half term there and kids are sitting their GCSEs, they still won't stop acting like she's lying!! One even said "how did her phone fall out of her pocket, was she doing gymnastics?"
They are so thick.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.