Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Words bleeping fail with me with this gem. Cant believe she’s seriously considering complaining to the school about it😂

1AB7B707-3037-4139-9042-FFA1B56F7A63.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Not a thing when I was at school; but those hoodies aren't exactly new are they?

Reactions: 3
Don’t kids book bags (primary school) have their full name and school on it also?? What’s different about a hoodie?

Reactions: 6
The ring would be bettered by - mine's made out of tinfoil and it means the world to me 😂.

The Leavers hoodies weren't a thing when I was at school but I've seen school leavers around wearing them since probably 2010.

I wouldn’t mind, but the text on leaver’s hoodies is always so incredibly small, I can’t imagine a passing ne’er do well actually being able to read a name on a passing 11 year old’s back. Safeguarding issue 🤣

• Haha
The leavers hoodie will be worn at the event, then a handful of times over the summer hols (possibly).

Then as soon as they start high school it will be buried at the back of the wardrobe and dismissed as ‘cringe’.

I speak from experience.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Words bleeping fail with me with this gem. Cant believe she’s seriously considering complaining to the school about it😂

View attachment 1310572
Actually I think they have point but I would hope that the school would not include any children's names that could potentially be put at risk by it.

I had a leavers hoodie in 09 from sixth form but not secondary in 07 so it was around then that they became a thing.

Reactions: 2
‘In tears‘ over a small stain on her bathroom floor which can easily be rectified not doubt. God knows why needed to tell us the back story about her ex throwing her out and having to save up for four years to pay for a new bathroom?😂🤔
She thinks she's got problems! Twenty years ago when my son was four, I saved up to buy a full length mirror. He proceeded to run into the bedroom and toppled the mirror which shattered on the floor. I have been in therapy since this incident and now have Extreme PTSD & have become a full blown Narcissist due to developing OCD around mirrors. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She thinks she's got problems! Twenty years ago when my son was four, I saved up to buy a full length mirror. He proceeded to run into the bedroom and toppled the mirror which shattered on the floor. I have been in therapy since this incident and now have Extreme PTSD & have become a full blown Narcissist due to developing OCD around mirrors. 😉
Sounds like your son is on the spectrum or a narcissist himself. I hope you kicked him out.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Thread trending on how competitive middle class parenting has become since the pandemic. I think a tattler may have replied. ;)

iatw.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Definitely LTB.

Reactions: 1
I’d be happy with a mood ring.
My husband just showed me a photo of a haribo ring when he proposed and I count be happier. We got married in a register office with two witnesses and then just went to work and we’ve been married 89 years and he cut off his narcissist mother for me and does 50% of everything while holding down his 6 figure niche job and raising our very tall, skinny twins with me.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
My husband just showed me a photo of a haribo ring when he proposed and I count be happier. We got married in a register office with two witnesses and then just went to work and we’ve been married 89 years and he cut off his narcissist mother for me and does 50% of everything while holding down his 6 figure niche job and raising our very tall, skinny twins with me.
OMG are you me!
Do you struggle on that salary in London though😂!
And I would mention what DH does as a hobby but it would be outing. Think MAMIL 😉😂...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
hmmm … still think you should LTB and get your ducks in a row.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.