Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh, there's a great thread today about mumsnetters who are giving away their £150 council tax rebate and £400 fuel allowance to less well off family members or to charities, but need to come online and ask which charity (ie virtual signal) cos you know they all make six figures so don't need the money.
Imma comment donate to me because I'm a broke ass witch.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m loving this. I work in a school and this month have had lots of work experience pupils from a high school as it’s exam leave time. She won’t be told they are doing work experience. And shock horror P1 has no tables… as it’s meant to be playbased. So more like a playroom set up.
Then she asks if private school is like that 🤦🏻‍♀️

Attachments

Reactions: 4
I’m loving this. I work in a school and this month have had lots of work experience pupils from a high school as it’s exam leave time. She won’t be told they are doing work experience. And shock horror P1 has no tables… as it’s meant to be playbased. So more like a playroom set up.
Bloody hell I can remember high school pupils doing their work experience at my infant school over 30 years ago! It’s always been a ‘thing’ especially if the high school pupil wants to go into teaching or childcare! I can remember some of my peers doing their WE at primary schools as well. What planet is this stupid cow on?!

Reactions: 10
Gave me a headache trying to work this bollocks out. Eventually had to read the replies to get it translated to English. Maybe I'm just a bit thick lol.
Screenshot_20220531-134831_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220531-134839_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Gave me a headache trying to work this bollocks out. Eventually had to read the replies to get it translated to English. Maybe I'm just a bit thick lol.
View attachment 1308598View attachment 1308599
I understand it now but when I first saw it could not wrap my head around it at all

I’ve no clue what’s going on there (and I’m a 5ft ish female that walks a dog, typically thought of as a good family pet)! Jibberish!
Woman walking a dog (typical good family pet, natch) and man/woman couple walking towards her. Her dog does a steaming tit (it may not have been steaming, I’m embellishing) and the man stands over her to observe if she would pick it up or not. He says “good choice” as she picks it up. She ponders whether he would have done this with a man and basically saying “sorry I ruined your husbands chance to be a have a go hero”

It is jibberish and it took me about ten times to understand it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
There’s a thread on there at the moment on AIBU where a poster is talking about her MIL ignoring their routine with their baby. Lots of detail but at one point she mentioned sterilising the baby’s cutlery/bowls etc.

Of course there’s just reply after reply asking why she is sterilising cutlery. Even after she explained her baby was ill in hospital with an infection, there are still people making sarky comments like “what infection did he get from unsterilised cutlery” 🙄

Reactions: 3
I did my work experience in a primary school and I'm now a teacher. It's normal! 😂

Reactions: 8
I do know someone who has a ridiculously expensive ring but my god I doubt she’d have any time for writing crap on mumsnet 😂

Reactions: 1
OP was writing about their £40 ring and did it look tacky.
This reply...
Lol no one asked how much yours cost, love
Peak Mumsnet.

It would only be bettered by “FORTY POUNDS? My ring cost 99p from the bargain bucket in Accessorize and it’s more meaningful to me than anything as expensive as yours.”

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Peak Mumsnet.

It would only be bettered by “FORTY POUNDS? My ring cost 99p from the bargain bucket in Accessorize and it’s more meaningful to me than anything as expensive as yours.”
And I bought mine secondhand in a charity shop for 29p etc. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
These are along the lines of the responses that say "Our wedding cost £12.50 all in, and people still say it's the best wedding they've ever attended, 22 years later."

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.