Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought it's widely acknowledged 5 years left to live is Seafour on their latest bullshit attempt. Similar writing style, disdain for healthcare professionals, large cast of characters etc
But not as engaging, even the socks don’t care anymore 😂

But she has just updated her dying thread- she’s rallied enough to have a little jaunt to Edinburgh. That should be and nice relaxing for someone on their death bed in festival season.

Oh, edit, she realised that apparently so has gone to Fife 😂 guessing she thought she might be able to reel posters back in with a set change, but as if you’d be able to take that kind of trip on your own if you truly had all those health issues 😂

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
If a year 7 child at my child's school walked into a class they weren't supposed to be in, the teacher would send them back. Easy. No need for a thread.

Reactions: 13
If a year 7 child at my child's school walked into a class they weren't supposed to be in, the teacher would send them back. Easy. No need for a thread.

It's 'Where were you during Maths?'

Kid who was actually enjoying a vape and three packets of Haribo behind the DT block whilst scrolling TikTok has to think of an excuse when they were finally spotted just outside a Y11 Maths class they assumed would be empty (taking into account that Y11 left in June).

'I'm too bored in year 7, the teacher ignores me when I say I've finished all my work - she told me I shouldn't have let you teach me Pythagoras during lockdown, because I'm going to have to wait until Year 9 before I can do it, so I decided to go to a harder lesson'.

Mum actually believes this bullshit. 'My poor darling is being neglected in favour of the stupid children in her class who can barely count three crayons without a calculator. And then they have the cheek to say that her truancy is a safeguarding issue!'

It's far more entertaining to be an obnoxious little shite in class by correcting the teacher's SPaG, tapping, calling out FINISHED! Boring! When are we going to do something interesting? and drawing cartoons in the back of her exercise book whilst trying to not fall asleep. It usually irritated the staff enough to prepare for the next lessons with a fuckton of extension work when I was at school, at any rate. OK, all it actually did was yeet the problem into the future when the subsequent teachers had to deal with an equally bored kid who had completed the majority of the year's work beforehand, but bearing in mind the sort of kids you'd stand a chance of running into if you were skivving off at my school, it was slightly less likely to result in sustaining permanent injury or a traumatic assault.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
It’s called ‘to want to rage against the universe’ on AIBU.
I feel a bit like I’m dying reading this thread I’ll be honest. It all sounds so bleak. So bleak and fictional. Like a really bad novel you just can’t get invested in because the author is clearly a moron

Also the sheer amount of adjectives, adverbs and commas in her writing is exhausting

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I went on the 'tips for frugal living' thread looking for lentils and lo and behold, a few posts in they are suggested as a meat substitute and by the end of the page people are asking for dahl recipes.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.