Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Saw this yesterday. How dare people enjoy their gardens in a heatwave. They should just sit there in silence!

2853E732-4A54-4675-9FDD-BEB9BF51A63F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My mum told me that the blokes in her office in the 70's used to say they could smell when a woman went on / came off the pill... I gently suggested that perhaps they were winding her up. Apparently I don't understand what was said.

I wonder if the vagina smelling bloodhound can smell sweaty ball bag? Doubt it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Actually I agree with this. It's the height of bad manners to force your neighbours to listen to your loud radio. It sounds like you're a noisy neighbour.
If you don’t like normal neighbourly noise then don’t live in such close proximity to others. And I’ve had no complaints😉

Reactions: 3
If you don’t like normal neighbourly noise then don’t live in such close proximity to others. And I’ve had no complaints😉
I’m two beers in because I’m on holiday for 2 weeks and treating my neighbours to my music choices this very moment.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
My current favourite is all the people disagreeing with the 3rd law of thermodynamics on the thread in chat about whether you should leave your windows open or closed

• Haha
Reactions: 6
"normal neighbourly noise" shouldn't mean I can't hear my TV!
Oh I agree. But mumsnetters often complain about stuff that is normal noise like doors opening and closing, cars starting, children playing, babies crying etc.

I actually really like hearing my neighbours' radio in the garden when it's sunny out. Helps that they're always listening to Absolute 80s 🎶🕺 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 10
duck me the drama about the hot weather, whether they like the heat or not they’re living for the drama of it all!

Reactions: 9
I actually really like hearing my neighbours' radio in the garden when it's sunny out. Helps that they're always listening to Absolute 80s 🎶🕺 😎
Maybe we are neighbours! That was channel of choice yesterday!

Reactions: 2
Don't go near the weather threads, I imagined they'd be a toxic cesspit of disagreement and intolerance, pretty much like the covid threads really. Something to obsess over and scream at strangers on the internet about. It's all a bit childish, arguing about hot weather....in hot weather! Don't they have A) work to do? B) better things to do? C) heat stroke?
Because I can't imagine wasting my time in a record breaking heatwave arguing on MN about who is suffering the most. They'll take anything to the level of a pointless conspiracy. I bet their stress levels are perpetually through the roof. I wouldn't like to check their blood pressure after participating in any of those tit threads. And these are likely the very people who crave more peace and calm in their lives, who buy all of the new age zen books in Waterstones. Ahoy there, you are doing it wrong!

These people can turn anything into a long haul cat fight, and a pointless one at that. They remind me of very young children asserting their fragile shiny new ego's in the primary school playground. Except on MN the levels of passion and venom are off the charts. They can turn an easy going question about yoga into a pub brawl within minutes. There is no room for respectful disagreement, ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
They can turn an easy going question about yoga into a pub brawl within minutes. There is no room for respectful disagreement, ever.
That's primarily the reason I stopped using it. At one time, the site had lots of useful and supportive threads that were only occasionally railroaded by the awkward squad. Now, there seems to be a set number of tick-box responses designed to 'prove' the OP is immediately wrong about something, and/or to install their own agenda over things.

It's a real shame. I've seen really good relationships and general advice there over the years. I'm sure there must be new posters who want to ask things (eg if they are a new mother who is worried about something), but think they'll be made to feel stupid if they do.

It's a mess. The site strikes me as non functional at this point. It's just a breeding ground for bullies or people with too much time on their hands - a pre-requisite they would surely aim at Tattle (the irony!).

I had a look recently after some refreshing time away and the bullying, pile ons and intentional derailing is growing worse. Perhaps the heat has affected their heads 😆

On a thread I saw last night (from last week I think) an OP made a pretty innocent post and was piled on because it was her first/only post on the site, therefore MUST be corrupt. I can't believe how bored and obsessive these hounds must be to literally spy on a random poster's history. If these harpies are earning six figures I would love to know what industry affords them the time and abject misery to plant their arses on MN all day tearing arseholes apart.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
There's a woman getting her knickers in a twist right now because her husband made his own lunch instead of eating yesterday's leftovers.

Cue a poster who made a "spatchcock chicken" - not just any chicken! - on Sunday which should last until Wednesday.

Loads of them coming on and saying how it's always the women who end up eating food because they don't want to just so they don't waste it. Surely they must realise that no one is forcing them.

Some nutter also popped up and gasped that she would never eat leftovers from a BBQ. And that you must IMMEDIATELY remove from the grill and place in the fridge.

These witches would die if they saw the things I leave out and eat.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Something that's dawned on me fairly recently is that so many of them seem to have a really entitled attitude on behalf of young people. Not sure how to word that so it makes sense, but for example there's a thread in trending by a hiring manager who's finding that all the graduate program candidates they're interviewing this year are crap, and gives examples of them being rude and unprofessional. Loads of comments saying they must have had it hard with the pandemic and blaming the OP because the job only pays £22k (in the north), as though that's a good reason for an interviewee to describe the job as 'practically slavery' IN THE INTERVIEW. Another where the OP's mum has taken OP's teenage daughter on holiday to Greece and they're both sniping about each other, partly because the teen is on her phone all the time and doesn't want to do any activities - granted her grandmother also sounds like hard work, but loads of posters are saying the grandmother is an awful person and practically accusing her of abuse. At that age, if someone had paid for me to go on holiday to Greece for a week and I was bored and just wanted to play on my phone the whole time my parents would have told me to suck it up and stop being a rude little tit (paraphrasing). And I'm 29, not an old woman!

I get the feeling the place is full of people who've never really moved past their own hangups from when they were younger, and instead of growing up and realising that not always getting your own way and sometimes feeling embarrassed/awkward/uncomfortable is just an inevitable part of everyone's teenage experience, they project massively and blame the situation on everyone but the child. If this is a common attitude then it's becoming very clear why some of the kids at school are such brats.

Reactions: 14
Don't go near the weather threads, I imagined they'd be a toxic cesspit of disagreement and intolerance, pretty much like the covid threads really. Something to obsess over and scream at strangers on the internet about. It's all a bit childish, arguing about hot weather....in hot weather! Don't they have A) work to do? B) better things to do? C) heat stroke?
Because I can't imagine wasting my time in a record breaking heatwave arguing on MN about who is suffering the most. They'll take anything to the level of a pointless conspiracy. I bet their stress levels are perpetually through the roof. I wouldn't like to check their blood pressure after participating in any of those tit threads. And these are likely the very people who crave more peace and calm in their lives, who buy all of the new age zen books in Waterstones. Ahoy there, you are doing it wrong!

These people can turn anything into a long haul cat fight, and a pointless one at that. They remind me of very young children asserting their fragile shiny new ego's in the primary school playground. Except on MN the levels of passion and venom are off the charts. They can turn an easy going question about yoga into a pub brawl within minutes. There is no room for respectful disagreement, ever.
BIB - That six figure salary won't earn itself you know 😉🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.