Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So not mumsnet related but what’s your guys opinion having a drink during a play date? I love Prosecco & don’t drive so if I was offered a glass I would find it hard to say no 😅 would only have the one though.
We have a Pimms tent at one of my kids' school fetes and a chocolate and wine tombola. Mumsnet would have a fit.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
We have a Pimms tent at one of my kids' school fetes and a chocolate and wine tombola. Mumsnet would have a fit.
Our school summer fete this year stopped selling the usual Pimms and Prosecco in favour of cocktails in a can, which were rubbish. I was very disappointed.

Reactions: 6
Noticed a thread this morning where the OP is asking whether sirens and modded cars on roads are increasingly loud. One reply said they found the sound of ambulance sirens "relaxing" topped with the additional MN flourish: "people moan about anything these days" put down.

No honey you don't find the sound of emergency vehicles relaxing. That's not how they're supposed to work.

As a new member can anyone tell me why our avatars are wearing party hats? It's delightful whatever it is! 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Noticed a thread this morning where the OP is asking whether sirens and modded cars on roads are increasingly loud. One reply said they found the sound of ambulance sirens "relaxing" topped with the additional MN flourish: "people moan about anything these days" put down.

No honey you don't find the sound of emergency vehicles relaxing. That's not how they're supposed to work.

As a new member can anyone tell me why our avatars are wearing party hats? It's delightful whatever it is! 😊
It's Tattle's birthday today 🎉🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 7
One reply said they found the sound of ambulance sirens "relaxing" topped with the additional MN flourish: "people moan about anything these days" put down.
They’ll be the same types who talk about how they’ll NEVER leave London, because it’s just so vibrant and bustling and they never get tired of it. They’d just DIE if they moved to the suburbs. Intellectual and cultural stimulation is SO important to them, you know.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
They’ll be the same types who talk about how they’ll NEVER leave London, because it’s just so vibrant and bustling and they never get tired of it. They’d just DIE if they moved to the suburbs. Intellectual and cultural stimulation is SO important to them, you know.
As a born and bred Londoner, living there for the first 20 years of my life, I can categorically say that life does go on outside the M25, promise :LOL: We're even getting running water next week!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I love London, lived there from 18-40 before moving to a cultural desert, ie the seaside. We do more culture now than we ever did back then - were too busy working, paying the mortgage, doing the house up from scratch, having kids etc. Dont regret the move in the slightest, the only thing I miss about London is my friends.

Reactions: 10
As a born and bred Londoner, living there for the first 20 years of my life, I can categorically say that life does go on outside the M25, promise :LOL: We're even getting running water next week!
😁
On the other hand, if you want to start a begging thread, it's imperative that you live miles from anywhere, have no friends, no family, no nappies for the twins.. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Ah I was under the impression since covid that they were all moving out of London en masse to buy up GINORMOUS cheap houses in the north, because their boss was just A-OK with that 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Did anyone see the one where a woman was away, got covid, and came home to find her husband had set up the spare room with snacks, a desk, a computer, etc for her to isolate... Concensus is her husband is controlling 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Did anyone see the one where a woman was away, got covid, and came home to find her husband had set up the spare room with snacks, a desk, a computer, etc for her to isolate... Concensus is her husband is controlling 🤷🏼‍♀️
It made a change from the ones where the martyred OP is dragging herself around the house, covid and all, while the 'DH' lies abed, I suppose. I don't believe anything on there anymore tbh.

• Haha
I’m not seeing what their issue is?! Sounds like my idea of heaven 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m not seeing what their issue is?! Sounds like my idea of heaven 😂
Omg how can u not see how controlling hubby is being.... He didn't ask her if that's what she wanted, he just took his own initiative and organised all this and promised delivered meals for the week. If that's not grounds for divorce I dunno what is...... 😅😅😅
They all absolutely hate their husbands. If a man gave one of them 1 million euro with no strings attached they'd complain about it! 😅

• Haha
There’s a thread similar to one on here about manners… asking what they thought was good manners but other people thought was not

one replied saying they were sick of people in restaurants complaining/sending food back…. I could understand if they meant as In a customer had misread the menu or it came and nothing wrong food but just not to customers taste
But no in their opinion even if the food is inedible/burnt etc the customer still should pay and just not eat there again… sending food back is acting like ‘toddler’ 🤣

they must of been one of those mumsnetters on the six figure salaries as I know for me now eating out is so expensive if I received a dish that was burnt I would obviously be sending it back!

There’s a thread similar to one on here about manners… asking what they thought was good manners but other people thought was not

one replied saying they were sick of people in restaurants complaining/sending food back…. I could understand if they meant as In a customer had misread the menu or it came and nothing wrong food but just not to customers taste
But no in their opinion even if the food is inedible/burnt etc the customer still should pay and just not eat there again… sending food back is acting like ‘toddler’ 🤣

they must of been one of those mumsnetters on the six figure salaries as I know for me now eating out is so expensive if I received a dish that was burnt I would obviously be sending it back!
My brother sent back his overdone steak at Ubiquitous Chip on Ashton Lane in Glasgow … then the chef came out to shout at him 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I've just finished seafour's rage against the universe post. duck me it took weeks to get through all that tit. What on earth does she get out of that? Surely there has to be another way to get the attention she so desperate craves. I'm so jealous she has so much free time to concoct it all and keep up with it.

She's definitely talking to herself through socks too. I'm shocked Mumsnet allow multiple accounts like that, what an amateur outfit.

I feel so sorry for her genuine supporters on that post because imagine being that utterly pig tit thick you can't see through all that flowery obnoxious bollocks. The lack of critical thinking those supporters display is frightening

Reactions: 5
Watched a few early episodes of 'Keeping up Appearances' last night, it's not actually surprising how much they remind me of Hyacinth! Except Hyacinth is adorable for her faults (I love Patricia Routledge). That desperation to erase your roots and obsess over some antiquated class system, it's manners and mores. I recall a pretty heated, long thread a few years back about how to bleeping hold cutlery.

I have this mental image of them all drooling over their ebay sourced copies of Debretts. I feel second hand embarrassment at this point. Surely it's a symptom of poor taste to obsess over social class (or worse, what's common, lol)? Someone once asked whether a Diptyque candle was common - I don't think they realise that this is a tired, dated old stereotype of working-class-ism in itself. If you care about being percieved as middle or upper middle class, you obviously aren't.

Giveaways of the terminally NON MC on Mumsnet:
. We live in a leafy area
. Russell Group clarification
. Declaring something as common (it's poor taste, darling, not common!)
. Did you mean to be so rude?
. All of the rich people we know (this is usually when battered Barbours, choc labs, dog hair and long haired progeny enter the chat)
. "Are Fairfax and Favour still trending?"
. Shops at Tesco with a Waitrose bag for life
. Angry as can't work from home due to associating this with being newly MC. How dare my boss????!!!!
. Fighting over correct pronunciation. Like anyone, from the Queen to Liam Gallagher, gives a shiny tit.
. Deliberately using exclamations such as "Golly!" "I am so cross!" or anything else lifted from Enid Blyton's back catalogue.

I never come across this in the real world. An intelligent debate about how the fixation on perceived social class smacks of desperation and insecurity would be a refreshing sight on MN.
Not been on there since the farah post. I feel purified and clean, lol.

I've just finished seafour's rage against the universe post. duck me it took weeks to get through all that tit. What on earth does she get out of that? Surely there has to be another way to get the attention she so desperate craves. I'm so jealous she has so much free time to concoct it all and keep up with it.

She's definitely talking to herself through socks too. I'm shocked Mumsnet allow multiple accounts like that, what an amateur outfit.

I feel so sorry for her genuine supporters on that post because imagine being that utterly pig tit thick you can't see through all that flowery obnoxious bollocks. The lack of critical thinking those supporters display is frightening
A lot of it just strikes me as intentionally created daily mail fodder at this point.
Wasn't that rage against the universe post about a woman in Switzerland in a wheelchair, who had a husband in a menage a troi?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.