Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m laughing my tits off looking at their website 😂 I didn’t even know about this brand.
It’s truly hideous
I know people who have spunked hundreds, if not thousands on the brand. All they do is sit in wardrobes in their boxes because nobody can wear the sodding things and have some misguided opinions that they'll be able to sell them for a huge profit at some indeterminate point in the future. I'm very tempted to say 'Look, Love, it isn't 2012 any more'.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
They are hideous. On another note have you noticed how they often call trainers ‘runners’? It’s like something my grandad would say 😂

‘Lovely Boden dress with crisp white runners’.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
I hate Irregular Choice so much 🤢🤢🤢
Urgh, same. Nothing in principle against a colourful shoe (I own several beloved pairs of Socofy boots myself, though I'll be the first to admit they also turn out some abominations) but their whole branding just screams that they're aimed at people who desperately want to look 'quirky' without having any sense of style. It's the sort of thing you'd wear if you were one of the edgy art kids in Year 10.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Their late night posters are interesting...

Thisrevolutionwillbepaidforinblood
Well yes, the rich are very rarely affected by the problems of society. Ivory towers are hard to scale but my god they will be fun to pull down. I've long since given up hope western society will do what is required to prevent its collapse and I'm now actively looking forward to taking what I need and want by force when it happens. duck the tories, eat the rich, and god help those I dislike. ✊

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I bloody hate MN with a passion.

I made a post about this local person who acts like a creep (basically they dress up in a way that is known the world over for its appeal to children, hand around town and post photos of themselves on the local social media pages pretty much every day). I was just asking if anyone else found this VERY weird as it's not like the person has any children of their own to be dressing like that for. Anyway within five minutes the very first reply knew the exact person I was talking about!!! How creepy to think someone so local to me saw that very post in such a short time. Loads of others also from the same area piled on and were naming the person and saying they have spoken to them loads of times and "they are lovely", just dress up to make people smile :sick: and need to do it for their mental health :rolleyes: "Why are you accusing them of being a criminal? Maybe they are getting thrills out of it but that's not a crime! Stop bullying and harrassing this person!" "Even if they are hanging around playgounds so what? What do you think they will actually be able to do to a child from ten feet away? You need to leave them alone!" Bear in mind, I had tolerated the weirdo's posts turning up on my SM homepage daily for more than a year without ever commenting about it, but recently it started really bothering me as it just didn't seem right, and eventually I had left two comments asking them why they were making the posts so often, which they ignored. Not really harrassment by anyone's standards.

I had to ask (beg) for the post to be deleted which "Philip" by some miracle did. I def won't post about anything local to me again on there, too risky. I just can't believe how they were all piling in to name this person and give our location away :confused:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
They were so nasty to that poor lady who'd had a wisdom tooth out and was upset her daughter hadn't phoned. They were piling onto her, poor woman.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Loads of others also from the same area piled on and were naming the person and saying they have spoken to them loads of times and "they are lovely", just dress up to make people smile :sick: and need to do it for their mental health :rolleyes: "Why are you accusing them of being a criminal?
And yet the smallest suspicions elsewhere in life sees posters piling on with such useless advice as to "Log it with 101, just to be on the safe side" :rolleyes: So tiresome.

Reactions: 10
I bloody hate MN with a passion.

I made a post about this local person who acts like a creep (basically they dress up in a way that is known the world over for its appeal to children, hand around town and post photos of themselves on the local social media pages pretty much every day). I was just asking if anyone else found this VERY weird as it's not like the person has any children of their own to be dressing like that for. Anyway within five minutes the very first reply knew the exact person I was talking about!!! How creepy to think someone so local to me saw that very post in such a short time. Loads of others also from the same area piled on and were naming the person and saying they have spoken to them loads of times and "they are lovely", just dress up to make people smile :sick: and need to do it for their mental health :rolleyes: "Why are you accusing them of being a criminal? Maybe they are getting thrills out of it but that's not a crime! Stop bullying and harrassing this person!" "Even if they are hanging around playgounds so what? What do you think they will actually be able to do to a child from ten feet away? You need to leave them alone!" Bear in mind, I had tolerated the weirdo's posts turning up on my SM homepage daily for more than a year without ever commenting about it, but recently it started really bothering me as it just didn't seem right, and eventually I had left two comments asking them why they were making the posts so often, which they ignored. Not really harrassment by anyone's standards.

I had to ask (beg) for the post to be deleted which "Philip" by some miracle did. I def won't post about anything local to me again on there, too risky. I just can't believe how they were all piling in to name this person and give our location away :confused:
Either this is happening in various locations or we live in the same area. This sounds exactly like a man near us. It IS very odd. Had this been during lockdown I might have agreed with the sentiment that it was done to lift spirits but I have no idea why the chap around here does it. It's creepy. (Bright florescent/multicoloured clothing and hats, etc, posting photos to local community pages?) Very weird.

Reactions: 4
Oh my god! You are the clown poster? I was dying laughing when I saw the amount of posters telling you that it was normal/totally harmless! It’s not by the way, what a bleeping freak. They are so utterly desperate to seem more liberal than thou- they’d ignore a man walking around with a sign reading ‘pedalo Murderer’ if it made other posters think them open minded! 😂

Reactions: 17
When I do look at MN …my sis always sending me links to god awful posts because they’re so ridiculous it actually leaves me drained and depressed. Either the subject matter or mainly the responses which tend to rip the poor original poster apart.

did anyone read the one about public showers? 🥴
It became a lynching of the poster.
I didn’t realise anyone thought like this about gym showers let alone were clearly so so upset by it

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There’s a post about private education, some of the salaries shared on there are utterly eye watering 😱😱😱

Reactions: 2
the public showers one was 10000% a bloke trying to get his rocks off over the idea of being shamed by women in gyms 😆 they’re never subtle are they

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.