Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They absolutely insist that skinny jeans are still the height of fashion and all young people still wear and love them.
Anyone who dares to disagree is treated as if they are sticking up for Jimmy Saville. Or worse.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I'll be honest: I have a couple of Toast T-shirts that I really like. But I agree that most of their stuff looks like over-priced peasant wear. On purpose.

Reactions: 8
I'll be honest: I have a couple of Toast T-shirts that I really like. But I agree that most of their stuff looks like over-priced peasant wear. On purpose.
Their t-shirts do look nice actually. I got one recently from a charity shop that I don't think is Toast but has a similar style of sleeve, and it's the comfiest t-shirt I've ever owned.

On the AIBU thread about who on earth are all these people choosing to wear an overpriced flour sack as a dress, an insightful poster commented that it seems like it's designed to make a statement about how you're above all this tryhard fashion nonsense, albeit in a way that's still being led by the fashion industry (bit like pre-transformation Andy in The Devil Wears Prada). I think they're onto something there, because when I think about the people who seem likely to wear this stuff I imagine it's largely the same ones who were banging on about the slower pace of life in 2020, thinking lockdowns would lead to permanent societal changes where we all ditch consumerism and long-haul travel in favour of moving to a yurt in the countryside and hand rearing our own sheep.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m dying over the thread about clothes that now look “frumpy”. Some of the comments I agree with, they’re dated looks. But some people are just listening tit that they either dislike or feel snobby about.

I mean “branded handbags, well handbags in general”. How are all bags frumpy? What are people supposed to cart their tit around in these days? Or do the cool kids use rucksacks?

Reactions: 11
I’m dying over the thread about clothes that now look “frumpy”. Some of the comments I agree with, they’re dated looks. But some people are just listening tit that they either dislike or feel snobby about.

I mean “branded handbags, well handbags in general”. How are all bags frumpy? What are people supposed to cart their tit around in these days? Or do the cool kids use rucksacks?
Some things they're listing were dated well over 20 years ago, not recently. They're definitely listing their own pet peeves.

Reactions: 6
Only on bloody mumsnet could a thread about a haunted holiday home turn into a bun fight 🤣🤣🤣
And the comment about buying sliced cheese in France (at least they were taking the piss out of that tho!) 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Only on bloody mumsnet could a thread about a haunted holiday home turn into a bun fight 🤣🤣🤣
And the comment about buying sliced cheese in France (at least they were taking the piss out of that tho!) 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
What's the title? I want to read but can't find it.

Reactions: 2
What's the title? I want to read but can't find it.
"A bit of woo going on at holiday home"

The comment about the sliced cheese really made me laugh

Reactions: 5
The dated clothes thread has spawned at least 3 other threads, jesus. How sad do you have to be to read on one thread "cardigans are dated" (obviously completely ridiculous, it's a whole category of clothes, no one would say "skirts are dated" or "jumpers are dated" would they?) and go and start your own thread about what to wear instead of cardigans? I mean 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Cool kids wear a fanny pack - I'd like to see their reactions to that!

Reactions: 3
It’s nice being at that stage in life where I don’t give a flying duck what the mumsnet fashion police think of my skinny jeans, ballet flats and handbag 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
They all like to make out they're super chic and fashionable and either live in a desirable corner of London or very rurally in deepest darkest Surrey, look down on brands even Farrow & Ball. But I remember there was a thread where they were all posting pics of their bedrooms and most looked like a Habitat store from the 90s had thrown up in them

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.