Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OP: BE HONEST!!!
I’m a 21 year old size 8 top and size 32 bottom with huge norks. I have my NC high earning DDHPSS wedding tonight and need an outfit. Is this frumpy or mumsy?

Replies-

“How DARE you say mumsy and frumpy! So misogynistic and vile!!!”

“I wish I had your skin OP”
D4FF2F01-9AEB-4D7E-91A1-33BEA3225141.jpeg

“Boden is tit now.”

“Wear what u want”

“Oooh I love it, how does it wash?”

“New clothes are evil fast fashion!!! You are killing my child!”

“£1.99 on a dress?!?! Are you mad? All my clothes are dug up from the graves of the dead for FREE!”

“Try white stuff, fat face, joe browns or some other shite boring non fashionable crap shop that ensures you blend in with the mums at the school gate (outing)”

“Have you only been invited to the evening do? Go NC!”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I love that!! They're style and beauty forum cheers me up when I'm having a bad day, their taste is so bad!! Think calling it "style" is the moderators having a joke.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
OP: BE HONEST!!!
I’m a 21 year old size 8 top and size 32 bottom with huge norks. I have my NC high earning DDHPSS wedding tonight and need an outfit. Is this frumpy or mumsy?

Replies-

“How DARE you say mumsy and frumpy! So misogynistic and vile!!!”

“I wish I had your skin OP”View attachment 1379226

“Boden is tit now.”

“Wear what u want”

“Oooh I love it, how does it wash?”

“New clothes are evil fast fashion!!! You are killing my child!”

“£1.99 on a dress?!?! Are you mad? All my clothes are dug up from the graves of the dead for FREE!”

“Try white stuff, fat face, joe browns or some other shite boring non fashionable crap shop that ensures you blend in with the mums at the school gate (outing)”

“Have you only been invited to the evening do? Go NC!”
"A wedding is an invite, not a summons"

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Can you imagine if a man had posted about doing this to a female colleague? I’d imagine the responses wojld be very different and nowhere near as supportive.

6D8E4D51-DB35-4A87-9A48-45DFF2E73C1A.jpeg

Reactions: 8
Yeah, the OP updated with what she'd actually said and it was nothing really, but she did seem to be getting a lot of sympathy from some posters before that was clarified. And then someone came on later (after the content of the messages was revealed) to say they hoped everyone who'd said it was a potentially sackable offence felt silly now - well no, because she made it sound like she'd got blackout drunk and repeatedly sexually harassed the guy! What were people supposed to think?!

Reactions: 11
Yeah, the OP updated with what she'd actually said and it was nothing really, but she did seem to be getting a lot of sympathy from some posters before that was clarified. And then someone came on later (after the content of the messages was revealed) to say they hoped everyone who'd said it was a potentially sackable offence felt silly now - well no, because she made it sound like she'd got blackout drunk and repeatedly sexually harassed the guy! What were people supposed to think?!
The OP initially did make it sound like she messaged him some very inappropriate things but in reality she added too many kisses to a few standard texts

of course there was the replies asking does she normally drink like this and advising she seeks help for drinking

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There’s a new thread on what a great mum Katie Price is now, I tit you not.
It’s all the fault of her many boyfriends who have all abused and framed her, apparently.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
It’s all the fault of her many boyfriends who have all abused and framed her, apparently.
Having watched the documentaries she did with Harvey, she clearly cares about him. But given the other stuff (unrelated to her children) she clearly has issue.

Ha you beat me to it! I was just coming on here to say the same. They always defend her on there, it’s quite bizarre really as she’s clearly a dreadful mother who puts her own needs before those of her kids. Her exploitation of Harvey makes me feel bleeping sick, but she’s able to get away with it because he doesn’t have a Dad on the scene to advocate for him like the other four. It’s not ‘hearsay‘ that they all live with their dads, it’s a fact. Princess even said she only ‘stays’ with her mum on the Mucky Mansion programe she did. Its also possible to think Peter Andrew is a complete twit and dislike Katie as well, though I’m not sure why so many of them have felt the need to be bitchy towards Emily, it’s not like she was the ‘OW’ who broke up their marriage was it? I’d argue that Emily has actually been groomed and manipulated a bit by him but that’s another discussion.

Barely 8am and someone's fashion advice already this morning "a denim jacket". Always.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Another one is always:
You’re have to prise my skinny jeans and tunic with leggings out of my cold dead fingers!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Having watched the documentaries she did with Harvey, she clearly cares about him. But given the other stuff (unrelated to her children) she clearly has issue.
There was a former nanny a while back who said Katie and Peter only bothered with the kids when there were cameras around.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Can someone please explain the weird cult like following for Toast? I genuinely didn’t know what it was until I googled it and saw it was a clothing brand.
The pics these people are posting are serious right? I’ve never seen so many ugly,frumpy bits of clothing all in one place.

Can someone please explain the weird cult like following for Toast? I genuinely didn’t know what it was until I googled it and saw it was a clothing brand.
The pics these people are posting are serious right? I’ve never seen so many ugly,frumpy bits of clothing all in one place.

It's the middle-class fashion to look like an Amish housewife now, so I'm told. I haven't observed this for myself as I'm lucky enough to live in a place where people have eyes, but there was a long running AIBU thread about it a while ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Is it the thread about how much of twit peter is? Because someone did say Katie is a good mum and to be fair a lot of people disagreed with that.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.