Mumsnet #5 Cancel the cheque

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a woman getting her knickers in a twist because someone let their dog wee on a publicly owned grass verge that she maintains herself. That's definitely got to be a wind up?!
I actually know a woman like this. She’s quite elderly (maybe senile/lonely), but there’s some public grass outside her flat and anyone who dares to let their dog do their business there she flies into a rage and starts threatening them.

🦇💩

Reactions: 4
I remember a London family I follow on insta who literally just packed up and moved into their second home at the start of the covid pandemic.

Reactions: 1
I remember a London family I follow on insta who literally just packed up and moved into their second home at the start of the covid pandemic.
I think it was AnyFucker but one of the MN royalty had a second home and was moaning about not being able to go to it. Pages and pages of people saying how unfair and how hard she worked and deserved to go to her second home. Can imagine how anyone else would have just been flamed!.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I think it was AnyFucker but one of the MN royalty had a second home and was moaning about not being able to go to it. Pages and pages of people saying how unfair and how hard she worked and deserved to go to her second home. Can imagine how anyone else would have just been flamed!.
Yes, I remember that too. It was her.

Reactions: 2
9942A20B-3BC7-44E8-B746-2A8F9F68ED1C.jpeg

OMG this thread 🤷‍♀️

Full sympathy to the OP as far as I’m concerned. Kids out of routine, in unfamiliar surroundings, is a recipe for hell as far as I’m concerned. Haven’t even attempted a foreign holiday yet with mine. U.K. holidays are trying enough.

But on MN she’s had judgey responses: oh isn’t it SAD that you feel that way about your precious children! Confused responses: we have always had idyllic holidays with our children! Sanctimonious responses: well if your children are so badly brought up, of course they’re going to be horrible shits on holiday! And so on…

• Haha
Reactions: 23
View attachment 1304198

OMG this thread 🤷‍♀️

Full sympathy to the OP as far as I’m concerned. Kids out of routine, in unfamiliar surroundings, is a recipe for hell as far as I’m concerned. Haven’t even attempted a foreign holiday yet with mine. U.K. holidays are trying enough.

But on MN she’s had judgey responses: oh isn’t it SAD that you feel that way about your precious children! Confused responses: we have always had idyllic holidays with our children! Sanctimonious responses: well if your children are so badly brought up, of course they’re going to be horrible shits on holiday! And so on…
to be honest we go on plenty of holidays and always have done with our children who are now teenagers. We’ve honestly never ever had a tit holiday. I’ve read this thread and I just think the ops expectations were a bit offline. The kids seem over stimulated to me as it’s a new experience.

Kids club first day is your friend- kids love meeting other kids who them become the entertainment. Also tired kids are the absolute worst- mine were ALWAYS put down for a nap 4-5 no question even until about 9/10 years old.

Reactions: 5
There’s a thread about a woman who had a problem with another school mum. Her opening post is written in a bit of a clumsy way so it’s slightly difficult to decipher but nothing major, however the amount of posters falling over themselves with ‘I don’t understand’, ‘this makes no sense’, ‘I’m so confused’ etc posts is just pathetic. The OPs also said she’s not in the UK, suggesting maybe English isn’t their first language, but oh no a mumsnetter can’t possibly comprehend that 🙄

Just use your common sense or read the post again if it’s that hard! For a bunch of seemingly high earners they’re all a bit thick haha

• Haha
Reactions: 11
There’s a thread about a woman who had a problem with another school mum. Her opening post is written in a bit of a clumsy way so it’s slightly difficult to decipher but nothing major, however the amount of posters falling over themselves with ‘I don’t understand’, ‘this makes no sense’, ‘I’m so confused’ etc posts is just pathetic. The OPs also said she’s not in the UK, suggesting maybe English isn’t their first language, but oh no a mumsnetter can’t possibly comprehend that 🙄

Just use your common sense or read the post again if it’s that hard! For a bunch of seemingly high earners they’re all a bit thick haha
They are an ethnocentric bunch of cunts.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Most of them have no concept of life outside London and the South East. Who could forget the poster who was told that she should ’just get on the tube’ when she posted saying she was struggling to get to work-she lived in Yorkshire. Last time I checked the tube didn’t go that far 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I'm surprised some of you think they're ethnocentric, it must be the threads we lurk in then because that was not my impression. The stuff I come across seems anti-Brit if anything.

Reactions: 7
their anti-Britishness is so obviously performative. The provincial, ethnocentric lives of many MNers is obvious in many cases, and bubbling under the surface in others.

Reactions: 13

They love telling people they don’t understand, no idea why you want to show yourself up as being that thick that you can’t understand words you’re not familiar with in a context that’s easy to work out what they mean, or too thick to Google! It happens all the time on threads where the op uses bun/bap/stottie or fizzy juice/pop etc. someone once said fizz was served at a kids party and some of them couldn’t wait to be horrified that someone gave five year olds champagne 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 10
View attachment 1304198

OMG this thread 🤷‍♀️

Holidays with small children are shite, as far as I can remember - mostly blurred by the mists of time, apart from the occasion when they were such shits that we locked them in the car with a bootful of smelly cheese - only for about 20 seconds but it made us feel better. Or the time when the oldest whacked the youngest and she had a dramatic nosebleed which sprayed the car roof... oh the good old days!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ooh, there's a great thread today about mumsnetters who are giving away their £150 council tax rebate and £400 fuel allowance to less well off family members or to charities, but need to come online and ask which charity (ie virtual signal) cos you know they all make six figures so don't need the money.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Holidays with small children are shite, as far as I can remember - mostly blurred by the mists of time
I thoroughly enjoyed this thread this week. Full sympathy to OP as we took our 1 year old and 4 year old away years ago and had such a horrific time we swore of holidays until they were bigger. Horrific it was. And expensive. And hot. And exhausting. Parenting in 40 degrees with 4:30am wake ups and a massive pool for drowning and all kinds of other hazards dotted around… I’d rather gouge my own eyes out than repeat that.

Now mine are bigger yes holidays are lovely, but I love how sanctimonious some of them are and the pearl clutching over women not enjoying allllllll aspects of parenting

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Another fun thread today about holidays people have hated, mentions of poorer countries with too many beggars and how they ruined their privileged holiday.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Another fun thread today about holidays people have hated, mentions of poorer countries with too many beggars and how they ruined their privileged holiday.
Those threads seem designed to quickly descend into (at best) generalisations about whole countries, with ensuing bunfights. Interspersed with posters who imagine themselves to be the first in the world to bravely declare that they hate Disneyworld.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Those threads seem designed to quickly descend into (at best) generalisations about whole countries, with ensuing bunfights. Interspersed with posters who imagine themselves to be the first in the world to bravely declare that they hate Disneyworld.
oh and someone ALWAYS comes on and says they don’t ‘get’ Paris and it smells of wee and there are lots of druggies. It does smell of piss around the station to be fair. But give me a capital city that doesn’t stink of piss down a back alley and is totally devoid of down and outs on crack. I still manage to find a nice bar to drink a load of wine or go look at some interesting stuff and have a good time. Mumsnetters just think they’re so edgy to hate on somewhere like Paris.
Even though they all claim to speak French 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.