Mumsnet #40 I sit on my throne of potatoes and I laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve been on two tui cruises in the last year. I’m clearly a morbidly obese mega chav.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Are the posts still there? I had a scroll in AIBU but couldn’t see any that they might be
One is - misbehaving student in Aibu which mumsnet feel isn’t a troll. The other side of the story was “violin teacher” which got deleted

Reactions: 2
If they can’t handle a postman there’s no way they’d be able to crawl out from behind the sofa to accept a helicopter delivery.
And isn’t Harrods awfully common?
You take what you can get, darling.

Beggars can't be choosers - you just can't get the staff these days.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love MN’s idea of rural being so close to the motorway you can flick fag-ends through open windows.

But FARM SMELLS! She’ll be one of those sobbing and shaking at mooing cows, cockerels who won’t lie in and church bells.

*I have a cockerel and I’ve just seen the daft twit make friends with a bunny. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
MN’s idea of rural is no Waitrose within 5 miles. On the ranch we were 45 miles away from any store. 75 miles away from anything larger than a 7-11.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
We left Santa Barbara and are now in Florida. If you’re ever here I can take you to worst all-you-can eat 😂
---
I’m so glad she clarified what “meat” is. I almost had to Google
And what does (she won’t listen) mean? Listen to what? Are dogs meant to be vegetarian? I’d also like to know which butcher she went to for all that for £80, bargain compared to my local butcher.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
And what does (she won’t listen) mean? Listen to what? Are dogs meant to be vegetarian? I’d also like to know which butcher she went to for all that for £80, bargain compared to my local butcher.
Yes! A month’s meat for a family for 80 pounds. I spend more than that for one dog. Where is this butcher with these stunning prices?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh duck off. Dress in sackcloth dipped in horseshit if you like, it doesn't make you a better person however thick you pretend to be.

Screenshot_20240617-204006_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Oh duck off. Dress in sackcloth dipped in horseshit if you like, it doesn't make you a better person however thick you pretend to be.

View attachment 3000434
Heaven bleeping forfend a woman might actually want to dress up and look nice and feel good about herself for HERSELF.
No, no, no. We all have to walk around looking like we’ve just crawled out of bed because the PatRiarChy. But we can’t look too tit either because then we’ll be mistaken for poor people from social housing.
Ooh I feel better now. I’m going to drag my unsexy carcass off to find another Magnum. Because I’m worth it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Just noticed all the typos/autocorrects soz😀 I meant the hand of faith, and Jim should read him.
---
Oh yeah, and BIWI. I’d love to lock her in a room and force feed her bagels!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I can't even react to the two posts above.

I need :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ETA: Dog meat and £2.5m house.

ETFA: Surely £80 a month on meat for two adults one adult and at least two kids means you're practically vegetarian anyway?
Bet the kids are twins.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh aren't they just horrible? Fat, old, thick, poor people get tattoos, the braying middle classes swan around in £400 hessian sacks and £150 sturdy sandals, looking down their noses at anyone they perceive to be inferior to them - which is most of humanity. Sneering at body art is just another way of Mumsnetters establishing themselves as better than the poors.
A KC (QC at the time) got a similar arm tattoo after seeing mine in a photograph at the tattooist. He definitely earns a six figure if not seven figure sum.

King Frederik of Denmark has tattoos, as did his grandfather. George V of the UK had tattoos as did his father Edward VII. Lady Randolph Churchill, old Winston's mum, had one around her wrist. Apparently one of Charles's sons had a tattoo done in Fife. Think that they're all well above you in the social scale, Mumsnetters.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.