Mumsnet #40 I sit on my throne of potatoes and I laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do you feed your dogs? Personally, I only give the best dick breast to my pooches. I wonder if that’s what DB means.
“Dick breast” - for the canine who is inclusive and supports the Trans Avian community. Trans Avian sounds like a budget Eastern European airline.

What a bleeping lunatic. What do they think duck is? Meat or death and chemicals?
---
I suspect that MN-er is a secret poor though. NOBODY’s phone autocarrots duck to dick.

Says a LOT about her outing hobbies.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m really angry about biwi. She’s not a dietician or nutritionist. She’s just some random witch, enforcing made-up ‘rules’ of her ridiculous brand of food fascism.

She’s dangerous.

Why do those women allow some self-important fruitloop to speak to them like that? Why does MN allow this to persist?
---
I’ve just looked at the sign up thread for the most recent one and she’s even a dictator for how people add themselves to the list, the bleeping formatting fascist.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
The reason they are all size French and don’t eat, is the French squatty potties. If you don’t eat you won't need to use the facilities

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m really angry about biwi. She’s not a dietician or nutritionist. She’s just some random witch, enforcing made-up ‘rules’ of her ridiculous brand of food fascism.

She’s dangerous.

Why do those women allow some self-important fruitloop to speak to them like that? Why does MN allow this to persist?
---
I’ve just looked at the sign up thread for the most recent one and she’s even a dictator for how people add themselves to the list, the bleeping formatting fascist.
I don’t think those threads should be allowed. She’s just a bully trying to inflict her own disordered and dangerous eating on others. She knows nothing about their medical history and she’s trying to push her competitive underrating on them. Only in Mumsnet, a weird world where doorbells are scary and bananas are terrifying.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I am sure I have said before, but the BIWI diet clearly does not work. If it did, there would be no need for them to keep repeating it, and every month/couple of months.

Reactions: 16
I bet BIWI is proper fat - like not MN fat, Jerry Springer fat layed on the sofa watching corrie eating mini rolls while typing those messages.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Does anyone ever stand up to this BIWI character?
I too thought she was possibly an out of work obsessive, likely not very well, caught in a hellscape of her own making. I would tell her to simply stop talking so much utter rot!

Anyone noticed S&B feels different these days? A bit dumbed down? It's all either GET IT FROM VINTED LIKE MY DD or TRAINERS.

Reactions: 13
Has anyone seen the thread where the OP and her DH were at a works DParty and a woman rocked up to them and patted the DH on his stomach then called herself his work wife? The MNers are all desperate for it to be a juicy affair thread and are urging the OP not to trust his (perfectly reasonable) explanation.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

She’s dangerous.

---
I’ve long held that MN is grossly negligent where the diet threads are concerned.

There was one a while back where posters were doing 36-hour ‘water fasts’ and were all hyper-exhilarated and competing to out-do each other. It was eventually removed, but it took a lot of complaints to get it removed.

It’s incredibly dangerous, and very pro-ana.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
Does anyone ever stand up to this BIWI character?
I too thought she was possibly an out of work obsessive, likely not very well, caught in a hellscape of her own making. I would tell her to simply stop talking so much utter rot!

Anyone noticed S&B feels different these days? A bit dumbed down? It's all either GET IT FROM VINTED LIKE MY DD or TRAINERS.
They are always banging on about what their "cool" teenage daughters wear. I'm in my 50s, I don't give a tit what teenagers are wearing and I'm certainly not going to emulate it and be the world's saddest middle-aged woman.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
They are always banging on about what their "cool" teenage daughters wear. I'm in my 50s, I don't give a tit what teenagers are wearing and I'm certainly not going to emulate it and be the world's saddest middle-aged woman.
But according to S&B you are never too old to wear teenage fashion, as long as you are teeny-tiny enough to fit into it.

• Haha
  • Heart
My teenager has just been through my trunk of 90’s clothes and is happily wearing most of it. Low slung and wide legged jeans, fitted t’s, strappy dresses over fitted tees, combats etc.

If I could get into it I’d also be wearing it 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Calling @CrimsonCountess!! The tattler with skills to start a new thread, your input is required.
This was a thread suggestion:

A cesspit of superiority, casual racism, loathing, and tinkly laughter

• Haha
My teenager has just been through my trunk of 90’s clothes and is happily wearing most of it. Low slung and wide legged jeans, fitted t’s, strappy dresses over fitted tees, combats etc.

If I could get into it I’d also be wearing it 😂
I could have written this word for word! 😁

I’m glad my old clothes are all getting a second life, though. I’d get nowhere near into them now, as I am no longer the ‘size French’ I was in my twenties.

Reactions: 9
Anyone read the one in AIBU about the poster who wants fake tits, fake teef, and would like a sunbed tan rather than fake it? Arse/plate comes to mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The thread about the poster who wanted to treat her sister and her sisters kids to a day trip to London (from Dublin) is peak MN

From the anxiety ridden couldn’t cope with London, I can’t walk 5 ft from my door without 6 months to plan and my dear precious babies (who are 12 and 16 in this case) cannot possibly function if they have to wake up at 6.30 it’s a smorgasbord of MN issues

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.