Mumsnet #40 I sit on my throne of potatoes and I laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair my chippy do massive portions, don't cry about it though, just buy 2 large between the 4 of us, say "ooh they're good here with the portion sizes" and hope that there are a few left for some breakfast chips done in the air fryer the next day.
So correct me if I’m wrong - but your first thought was “cor bargain!” And not “I’m so teeny tiny me after eating this poached minnow”? <head tilt at the fatty>

• Haha
Reactions: 13
So correct me if I’m wrong - but your first thought was “cor bargain!” And not “I’m so teeny tiny me after eating this poached minnow”? <head tilt at the fatty>
You should see the size of the fish, sometimes they give you two if they don't have a full shark sized available. Easily feed 2 normals or 7 MN. Obvs I don't share that though.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The things you can't say out loud thread is basically an advert for mumsnet.
Absolutely horrible!
Tempted to put 'mumsnet is a cesspit of superiority, causal racism and loathing. <tinkly laugh>'

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Minnow?

YOU CAN EAT AN ENTIRE MINNOW?

You know that are just little bombs of SOLID FAT, don't you? Just because they're polyunsaturated it doesn't mean that they won't go straight to your hips. How anyone could manage an entire minnow is beyond me.

No wonder we have an obesity epidemic in this country.

I am too shocked to even tilt my head and utter a tinkly laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I know it’s only breakfast time, but I know you’re all the type of women who relish a challenge:

View attachment 2999002
Sound like greedy bastards if they ate 1.5 packets of chips.
Good old Mumsnet never miss an opportunity to be cunts.
Could also be a stealth money brag, DH who is 6 foot 12 and earns 6 figures every minute allows them the lifestyle to buy extra chips. I know Im crazy jealous here. ( think not really)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It's pretty much the same where I live, on the North Wales coast. Abersoch, once a pretty little fishing village, is nicknamed Cheshire on Sea and virtually every house is owned by a wealthy English person. The high street is full of designer boutiques and delicatessens and is absolutely dead in winter. To add insult to injury, the Cheshire set refer to it as 'The Sock' which causes many irate comments from the mostly Welsh speaking locals. I don't live there btw, I can't afford 4 million on a house with a seaview. I live in an ex council house, also with a sea view, that cost a fraction of the price of a house in The Sock.
Catching up.
Suffolk coast is the same. Anywhere you can actually see the sea from is either a second home or too expensive for many/anyone to buy.
Also, Ed Sheeran is down the road and he has basically bought half of one of the local villages. And they weren't cheap houses either! MN street buying lady can only dream. At least Ed isn't sticking them on airbnb but it sure as tit made it impossible to buy a house there.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Catching up.
Suffolk coast is the same. Anywhere you can actually see the sea from is either a second home or too expensive for many/anyone to buy.
Also, Ed Sheeran is down the road and he has basically bought half of one of the local villages. And they weren't cheap houses either! MN street buying lady can only dream. At least Ed isn't sticking them on airbnb but it sure as tit made it impossible to buy a house there.
What's he doing with all the properties? Surely he doesn't need money from renters?

Reactions: 7
What's he doing with all the properties? Surely he doesn't need money from renters?
This article explains it reasonably well.

I think its basically privacy and his own recording studio/guesthouses/crash pads etc.
But still!!
---
He may have bought more since then too. I've lost track now (because I don't really follow it). He got in trouble some years ago for failing to get proper planning permission for a pond (or something).
---
Although I will add tbf that he donates a lot of time and money locally. The village primary school has benefitted hugely, as has the high school and a lot of local charities. He certainly loves the local area. He's also often popping up in one of the local pubs. He took Taylor Swift into one once 😄

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
This article explains it reasonably well.

I think its basically privacy and his own recording studio/guesthouses/crash pads etc.
But still!!
---
He may have bought more since then too. I've lost track now (because I don't really follow it). He got in trouble some years ago for failing to get proper planning permission for a pond (or something).
---
Although I will add tbf that he donates a lot of time and money locally. The village primary school has benefitted hugely, as has the high school and a lot of local charities. He certainly loves the local area. He's also often popping up in one of the local pubs. He took Taylor Swift into one once 😄
I hate his music but he seems like a nice man, and everyone who has met him or had dealings with him agree that he is a charitable and kind soul. He seems to be spending his money wisely rather than blowing it all on booze and drugs, although he probably has enough money to do both, and rehab afterwards.

Petition for a thread title with 'poached minnow' in it somewhere ☝🏼

• Haha
I'm still highly amused that the e.coli outbreak has been narrowed down to bagged salad leaves. No wonder they are all less than 8 stone and teeny tiny, chronic diarrhoea can do that.

That thread about things you can't say out loud is just a sloppy mess of women agreeing with each other regarding SEN children, immigrants and the poors. Mumsnet HQ should pull threads like that, but they won't, probably because they agree with a lot of the comments.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
You can always rely on a thread about tattoos to bring out the nicest mumsnetters

View attachment 2999228
View attachment 2999229
View attachment 2999233
View attachment 2999235
Oh aren't they just horrible? Fat, old, thick, poor people get tattoos, the braying middle classes swan around in £400 hessian sacks and £150 sturdy sandals, looking down their noses at anyone they perceive to be inferior to them - which is most of humanity. Sneering at body art is just another way of Mumsnetters establishing themselves as better than the poors.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Sam Cam has a tattoo, I think she is neither fat, poor or common! FTR I'm not a fan of them, but each to their own etc etc

• Haha
I don't have tattoos but I am the only one in my family (apart from my Nan) not have any. My sisters all got matching tattoos when we were on holiday. It's your body, decorate it how you like. I don't judge someone because of how they look, it's how they are as a person that is important.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I'm fat and have tattoos so should probably just never leave the house again according to mumsnet

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.