Mumsnet #40 I sit on my throne of potatoes and I laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just read a comment saying they’d “heard you can add cheese on top of mash to make cheesy mash on a pie” heard? It’s not a secret? first of all, surely that’s way too many calories. Mashed potato, AND cheese? dairy AND carbs on the same plate?
Secondly, what do you mean you heard? Has that not been a thing for years or in MN world are they all eating shepherds / cottage / fish pie with “plain” mash? No wonder they’re all so miserable 🙁
Mate, they're amazed that dandelion clocks and dandelions are the same thing. They know duck all, life is a puzzle to them.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Peak Mumsnet - Kate Middleton is in precisely the same boat as a single mother, with zero transport, on benefits, at the mercy of the NHS when it comes to dealing with a cancer diagnosis.

Sycophantic, subservient fucks.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Do the current bank notes even burn? Don’t they just…melt or something? 🤣
Damn government!

Taking all the joy out of obscene wealth.
---
Well now you’ve said that, if next door neighbour’s child takes up the violin and plays it as badly as I did aged 11, then I may well hunt down local violin teachers and tell my dog to tit on their front doorstep.
You can take my dogs with you.

Let's make our feelings known.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh, if only I was an MNetter....

I am thinking about putting a small fridge in the gym so I can roll cold flannels infused with essential oils stacked up neatly for post workouts.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh, if only I was an MNetter....

I am thinking about putting a small fridge in the gym so I can roll cold flannels infused with essential oils stacked up neatly for post workouts.
Gym? You go to a gym? Are you saying you’re fat? You can’t be a MNer then. Don’t you know they just sniff a piece of watercress once a month and they stay slim all year. No gym needed.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I think she goes to the gym to prance around in front of the real fatties. Just flaunting what her watercress gave her.

• Haha
All I have in my head now is ‘if you like cheese and salty crackers’ to the tune of the Pina colada song.

• Haha
Reading the thread 'things you can't say out loud'

Didn't take long to find -

"That people should lose weight and that most people who are fat have just eaten too much"

"You can generally predict if a child will be trouble by their name / hair cut."

They are so predictable 🙄

There's some really horrible comments on there as well regarding Michael Mosley, SEN children, blatant racism... What a tit show of a thread

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Reading the thread 'things you can't say out loud'

Didn't take long to find -

"That people should lose weight and that most people who are fat have just eaten too much"

"You can generally predict if a child will be trouble by their name / hair cut."

They are so predictable 🙄

There's some really horrible comments on there as well regarding Michael Mosley, SEN children, blatant racism... What a tit show of a thread
It's sad isn't it, having it reiterated that there are dreadful people all around. I have very limited social media (just this and FB) but even so I still come across horrendous opinions. 10 years ago I'd have been deeply upset by it, these days slightly less so but even now the SEN and Trans debates make me despair and I say that as someone who (I think), holds quite sensible balanced views (by which I suppose I mean, non militant, able to debate things in a sensible manner).

In some ways the world is so much better at accepting difference but in others it's far worse and I do feel social media holds a lot of blame for that.

• Heart
Here’s something that has been bothering me today. How they are all so adamant that the OP is telling the gospel truth in any thread where the man appears to be in the wrong. I was reading one today where the OP said she asked her boyfriend to move his feet (he was lying on the sofa) so that she could sit down. Apparently he refused and called her a “vile woman”. And apparently continued to verbally abuse her in front of their children. Now, we all know there are some horrible people out there. And some of them are men. But that’s a very unusual and extreme reaction to being politely asked to move your feet so that the woman you live with and have children with can sit down. She was told to divorce him in almost every response. There were a few other things he apparently did such as complain that he didn’t have much of a Father’s Day gift. But the “vile woman” comment was the worst that was listed.

I think it was either embellished for dramatic effect, completely made up, or she said something far more incendiary than “please would you move your feet so I can sit there”. I can’t believe that a normal person would say that after being asked to move their feet by their girlfriend. But if anyone suggests it didn't go that way everyone leaps to the OP’s defense. And we get “did you not read the part where he did this/he said that” without any thought that it could be fake.

Reactions: 7
I often recall my wee Granny's words in these situations.

There's her version, there's his version, and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

<Flex Incoming>
My wee Granny was like Einstein, Bhudda, and one of those TV Chasers rolled into a wee, comfy, Glaswegian woman. :cool:

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I know it’s only breakfast time, but I know you’re all the type of women who relish a challenge:

B99B8736-97CD-47E2-9C3E-BC6B1297829E.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 10
To be fair my chippy do massive portions, don't cry about it though, just buy 2 large between the 4 of us, say "ooh they're good here with the portion sizes" and hope that there are a few left for some breakfast chips done in the air fryer the next day.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.