Mumsnet #40 I sit on my throne of potatoes and I laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What an impressive level of cuntery street-buyer has! Get that woman a lentil-encrusted crown at once, she’s clearly the queen of mumsnet.

I live somewhere that almost exclusively attracts rich, retired Londoners (think haggis roaming the fields) and it’s almost impossible for people who grew up here to buy property now. Wonderful 🥳

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
What an impressive level of cuntery street-buyer has! Get that woman a lentil-encrusted crown at once, she’s clearly the queen of mumsnet.

I live somewhere that almost exclusively attracts rich, retired Londoners (think haggis roaming the fields) and it’s almost impossible for people who grew up here to buy property now. Wonderful 🥳
It's pretty much the same where I live, on the North Wales coast. Abersoch, once a pretty little fishing village, is nicknamed Cheshire on Sea and virtually every house is owned by a wealthy English person. The high street is full of designer boutiques and delicatessens and is absolutely dead in winter. To add insult to injury, the Cheshire set refer to it as 'The Sock' which causes many irate comments from the mostly Welsh speaking locals. I don't live there btw, I can't afford 4 million on a house with a seaview. I live in an ex council house, also with a sea view, that cost a fraction of the price of a house in The Sock.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
I think maybe Wales has the same problem as Scotland in that care at home (someone coming in a few times a day to check on you) is free. So we’re rammed to the gills with the “grey pound” who then seem to have a debilitating stroke/struck down with cancer within minutes of unloading the lorry - then expect the local girls to look after them for free. They don’t contribute locally by working/sending kids to school blah blah. It’s just a retirement home for them.

The one which really boiled my piss recently was the one who bought the house to let out as Airbnb, but is planning to retire here after he’s milked tourists for 20 years, he’ll rock up in time to get his arse wiped. He was genuinely delighted with his brilliant decision.

I STARED at him and nothing happened he decided to sell it to a local couple wanting to put down roots before starting their family.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I
I think maybe Wales has the same problem as Scotland in that care at home (someone coming in a few times a day to check on you) is free. So we’re rammed to the gills with the “grey pound” who then seem to have a debilitating stroke/struck down with cancer within minutes of unloading the lorry - then expect the local girls to look after them for free. They don’t contribute locally by working/sending kids to school blah blah. It’s just a retirement home for them.

The one which really boiled my piss recently was the one who bought the house to let out as Airbnb, but is planning to retire here after he’s milked tourists for 20 years, he’ll rock up in time to get his arse wiped. He was genuinely delighted with his brilliant decision.

I STARED at him and nothing happened he decided to sell it to a local couple wanting to put down roots before starting their family.
Wales makes second home owners pay 3 times the amount of council tax and you have to prove you live & work in Wales if you’re buying a property costing less than 200k. This has stopped a lot of the tourists buying up low priced houses to use as holiday homes and a lot of coastal holiday homes are coming onto the market now.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
My tea choice is Sainsbury’s Kenya. I tried some others, they were barely acceptable. So I stick to that.

But I don’t drink caffeine after 2pm so I switch to decaf. Then it has to have an explicit reference to Kenya on the packet.

Reactions: 2
I’m struggling to understand how someone who allegedly earns £25k and can barely make ends meet has assets worth flinging £45k at a divorce for. Unless they’re the sort of twats arguing over the vase they bought in Barcelona on their first holiday together.

Shite hook obv. Go fund my lawyer doesn’t open the purse strings the same way as go fund my grey-skinned twinz as we sit in the cold and dark licking the back of the wallpaper for the calories.
---
Obviously tea is bleeping disgusting, but - were I to disembark at Belfast clutching a family sized box of Punjana, would it bring all the boys to my yard?

I lose all morals when it comes to a man with a Norn Iron accent.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Just read a comment saying they’d “heard you can add cheese on top of mash to make cheesy mash on a pie” heard? It’s not a secret? first of all, surely that’s way too many calories. Mashed potato, AND cheese? dairy AND carbs on the same plate?
Secondly, what do you mean you heard? Has that not been a thing for years or in MN world are they all eating shepherds / cottage / fish pie with “plain” mash? No wonder they’re all so miserable 🙁

• Haha
Apparently she only has a three year old, her two secondary school age children have vanished. A colleague ended up bankrupt due to them both being petty, they couldn’t settle on which board games they were both able to keep. Nevermind the welfare of their two children who ended up living with an aunt as neither parent thought to use money to pay rent or the utilities.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Just read a comment saying they’d “heard you can add cheese on top of mash to make cheesy mash on a pie” heard? It’s not a secret? first of all, surely that’s way too many calories. Mashed potato, AND cheese? dairy AND carbs on the same plate?
Secondly, what do you mean you heard? Has that not been a thing for years or in MN world are they all eating shepherds / cottage / fish pie with “plain” mash? No wonder they’re all so miserable 🙁
"I've heard you can add cheese to food to make it cheesy!"

"I wouldn't know, what's cheese? I only eat organic bracken and tears of despair."

"I've heard of cheese but it can come in 400g blocks and I'm so teeny tiny I could never lift such a huge weight. Besides, it might destroy the car on the way home."

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Because she’s an absolute bleeping bleep. We are v rural (think outside M25) and it’s gone down like a lead balloon here as people’s children wanted to “move back” and she’s essentially hoarding the housing stock. She’s a blow-in who has blown (!) 5 year’s worth of desperately trying to integrate.

*We love new people. We don’t like cunts.
That's absolutely insane. Imagine having the money to do that, and then doing... that.
---
I'm being completely honest - my mother never made cheesy mash, we always had plain mash every time, which was probably why I developed a dislike of mashed potatoes until someone finally introduced me to the dairy-adulterated carb-tastic crack version - in my FORTIES. duck you, mum, you proto-MNer.

Despite this, I did not feel the need to start a thread on MN about it, although I did go NC.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Violin teacher troll is back, with two threads, one as the teacher and one as the parent.

seriously weird thing to troll about

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.