Mumsnet #40 I sit on my throne of potatoes and I laugh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah. See. I may well have missed out on the lifelong teeny tiny gene. (FTR, I did)

HOWEVER! I was blessed (as are both sides of my family) with the FABULOUS HAIR gene. :cool: <flex, flex,FLEX!!>

I can literally sleep the night, get out of bed and have no need to brush or comb my hair. It is exactly as it was when I went to bed. I use no products beyond shampoo and conditioner.

It's the only feature that draws positive comments from others i.e. I am never seen with a hair out of place!! Even when I go swimming, get out of the shower, or am caught in the rain .... it still looks FABULOUS.

Obvs, I ignored the entire Sex-Hat chat on the other place and when it drifted over here. 😁
I was listening to the Smartless podcast the other day and Jason Bateman says he's literally not put a brush through his barnet since he was a teenager and he has a fabulous head of hair!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
I guess Jason just used his fingers to Gzuzh it up during those times?

I have no idea if the word Gzuzh exists beyond my mind but it sounds and looks like I want it to!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
On a thread about a school mum being rude to the OP, this is someone’s suggestion for how she approach it. I’m sorry but if someone tilted their head and stared at me, I would think they were insane. All it needs now is a tinkly laugh!
IMG_8340.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I’m pretty risk-averse in my parenting, but WTF?

OP needs to stop reading so many of those crappy 99p Kindle thrillers 🙄

1718255163326.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 19
On a thread about a school mum being rude to the OP, this is someone’s suggestion for how she approach it. I’m sorry but if someone tilted their head and stared at me, I would think they were insane. All it needs now is a tinkly laugh! View attachment 2990753
If someone said that to me, and I had meant to be a massive witch, I would just say "well yeah, obviously".

And then what huh? What would the MN do? Cry I assume.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
TBF, I deeply resent bumping into anybody on holiday. Especially a Mumsnetter with her gaggle of 'spirited' little shits and her knob of a husband. Unfortunately, Mr D's origins mean his old stomping ground is bleeping infested with them from when the private schools kick out for summer.
You can take the boy out of Eton, but you can't take Eton out of the boy.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Wonder what mumsnet made of last nights election debate….oh one of them has called Thatcher - thatch! That’s enough MN for me today

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’m pretty risk-averse in my parenting, but WTF?

OP needs to stop reading so many of those crappy 99p Kindle thrillers 🙄

View attachment 2991069
Why have they gone away during term time? Tonight should be a school night and that child should be fast asleep after learning a few irregular Spanish verbs! I NEVER let mine break their routines for something as frivolous as a holiday, and little Chlamidia and Benecol always spend at least an hour each day chanting their maths homework in Latin before learning a New Fact and translating it into Japanese.

Children need boundaries and routine.

Why can't your DH take the rubbish out himself? - personally I would LTB.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
If someone said that to me, and I had meant to be a massive witch, I would just say "well yeah, obviously".

And then what huh? What would the MN do? Cry I assume.
Sob, shake and report you to D101, all whilst staring at you, I should imagine. It’s the only appropriate response.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
On a thread about a school mum being rude to the OP, this is someone’s suggestion for how she approach it. I’m sorry but if someone tilted their head and stared at me, I would think they were insane. All it needs now is a tinkly laugh! View attachment 2990753
If someone did that to me I wouldn't be able to stop myself from bursting out laughing at them. Then I might inquire if they were having a stroke and should I call an ambulance

• Haha
Reactions: 16
They seem to regard staring at someone as being the ultimate putdown, whereas those of us who are capable of normal human interaction, would regard someone staring as a sign of the onset of an illness. Ru ok hun? would be my response.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.