Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
You see, I quite like being around people with kids when mine are not with me. I enjoy the fact that I’m not experiencing what they are. Obviously that enjoyment fades as soon as those children bother me.
---
I’m not against medication for weight loss and I’m glad it’s working for you. The concern I have is the online pharmacies don’t have stringent enough checks and some people who don’t meet the criteria are using the medication.
Do they work by reducing appetite or reducing the speed of food absorption?
Good luck with continuing to lose weight. ❤
I’ve only read the Mounjaro thread but all the people posting on there (according to themselves at least) meet the criteria. I’ve seen them express distaste for FB groups full of people trying to cheat the online pharmacies - and I do totally agree that it seems incredibly easy to get this stuff when you shouldn’t be if you fake evidence.

Reactions: 4
I’ve flown BA and Virgin to LA a few times, always book premium economy. Virgin was ten times better in my experience.
BA attendants weren’t really interested I found, had to ask four times for a coke over the course of two hours as they’d disappear, only to be found chatting in the galley. In the end I went up and got it myself. They were pretty grumpy too.
Flying home guy in front was reclined and under a blanket (wonder if it was this MNetters DH) and flight attendant wouldn’t ask him to sit up so I struggled with my tray for my meal.

Virgin were the epitome of ‘throw food and drink at you’. A teeny tiny nightmare if you will. They were also jokey and chatty, completely opposite of BA.

Always flown DVirgin since.
I could write exact same post but swap the airlines around! I suppose it comes down to what crew you’ve got that day a lot of the time.

Reactions: 4

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I think that a lot of what goes on Mumsnet is a projection of what they wished they could have done. In reality she probably took £20 from her own purse at most. I think that she was deliberately trying to make a point about how middle class she was over having £100 notes.

I don't know how a Mumsnetter would cope if I told them that I come across plenty of £50 notes a day and the occasional £100 at my work in the petrol station! And it's mostly workmen who have them and not a suitably middle class person ! They would be fainting!
There is a cashpoint near saint pauls, that dispenses £50 notes, I wasn’t aware of this before I used it, really struggled to spend them

Reactions: 3

PinkFigs

VIP Member
‘Grumble’ is a word more and more people are using on there at the moment. One person says it then others try to put it in their posts to keep up with the high social standing of the other posters.

Clearly they’re too posh to say moan or whinge

Mugglewump

VIP Member
I always eat too much curry when we have one. Omg if I lived in the east , I would end up 30 stone 😆🤐
I always do regret it, but only because of the heartburn.
Thank you for that menopause.
---
I did this when I was on steroids during chemo, I was starving every 20 minutes, there was more food in the bedroom than the kitchen most days.
Ooh, I do this, despite the dheartburn and no baby/cancer.
I'm just quite greedy and eat cheese/crackers/olives/salami in bed.
I'm single, so I can.

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I saw the gypsy AMA - she got a bit of a telling off for referring to herself as a gypsy and taking her kids out of school at the age of 12 and wanting to be a traditional wife, didn't she?

I am eating rice cakes, salt and vinegar flavour and I'm not allowed to slather them with pate like I usually would :(

• Sad