Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Itchy of Itchington

Elizabeth has some Mumsnet tendencies on her social media and podcast (she's a frequently discussed character on the Literary Luvvies threads here on tattle). So I imagine she didn't need to dig deep to write the Mumsnet like characters😂
Rushing to the literary luvvies thread right now. I hope it's because we are all just so jealous of their lives that you all have these threads.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Millie2023

I was on a BA flight to tacky USA destination (think Las Vegas). Was in cattle class and they just kept throwing food and snacks at us. The woman beside me was German and nearly had a meltdown as she was asleep when they passed out Magnum ice creams. She actually climbed over me to get one. She ate everything and was looking at my tray to see what she could take.
She was a teeny tiny and I was the one with a more robust shape.
She sounds like my kid- she likes to get her money’s worth! 🤣

• Haha

PeekABooToYou

Poster is going on this holiday which is very similar to a holiday we went to recently. It cost a few grand as you can imagine, yet this poster is spending £30k on the holiday!!! We actually went away for longer than they are, flew business class and stayed in nice hotels. I can't even comprehend spending £30k!
This sounds amazing! I’d love a holiday like this….tell me ALL your booking secrets because I find it so frustrating scouring the web for deals!! ❤

Sunlifeover50

VIP Member
That benefits thread is a rollercoaster.
Is that the same thread with the poster who would happily have uncontrolled epilepsy in exchange for 2.6k per month?
Yes it’s crazy. To be honest the OP is crazy if she didn’t realise the way it would go, not to say it’s not deserved, but some of the responses are actually unreal.

Technobiff

Chatty Member
Just sliding by.....in my sketchers to say mine are a ballerina style with cross over straps, rather than trainers.
Am i redeemed?
The 'usband wears gazelles and doc martens. Unfortunately his feet are much bigger than mine, so I can't ' borrow ' them.

• Heart

PeekABooToYou

My technique is pretty much:
Skyscanner
Expedia
Wanderlog
Join Facebook Groups for the cities I'm visiting to pick up tips and find local firms for tours and taxis
Watch YouTube videos for hidden secrets of places to visit

I have found with MN they love British Airways and firms like G Adventures etc. They have detailed spreadsheets and the magic of most places is often just going for a wander and finding adventures you didn't know.
Ah, thanks for this! Haven’t been abroad since before Covid (no 6 figure salary for me 😂), but absolutely craving a trip of some sort! Sounds like I’ll need to put the work in but thanks for the tips, so helpful! 😘

Reactions: 2

VC10

VIP Member
I've got a twenty-year-old second hand Subaru Forester...

It keeps passing its MoT. As someone on another forum said "it's a Subaru. It'll probably outlast the sun exploding". I've also seen it described as "a farmer's car". Great loading, four wheel drive, two litre engine, cruise control, sun roof, retrofitted stereo, front and back dash cams. Fits the dogs in nicely. Perfect for those of us who genuinely live rurally rather than Crumbs' version of rural.
My cousin loves her Forester , she won't change it 😃😎

• Heart

MediumLoad

Chatty Member
I'm not a Skechers fan either.

I tried their line of men's boots but found the quality to be very poor. The uppers scuffed very easily and the stitching was rubbish. The soles disintegrated at an alarming rate as well.

I'm Ecco til I die.

My friend fell and hurt herself quite badly. We were both wearing go walk skechers that day. I thought she was unconscious we both got a huge scare. It was the skechers she blamed. Zero support.

My dog ate mine not long after and I’ve not replaced them.

Skechers are nice but Hokas... omg. So spendy but so worth it.
I have the recovery sliders. Owned them for 2 years, never off my feet. I wear them as slippers in the house and for school runs/nipping to the shops. They go in the washing machine when they need a clean.