Mumsnet #37 Wipe down my cucumber and sanitise my Hovis, I need to get my dicks in a row!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ocado used to sell posh noodle pots. Bloody lovely they were as well.
What the duck is antisocial about eating a Pot Noodle unless you throw it at a Mumsnetter afterwards?
I suppose it wouldn’t be very nice if you did a big Beef & Tomato burp

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I recommend going to DSlimming World asap.
Oh no no! They promote carbs and UPFs. It would be better to join the MN low carb thread with a self appointed expert with zero qualifications to boss you around and suck the joy out of your life.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
WhoppingBigBackside · Today 15:35
Why couldn't you have a mahoosive salad like a normal Mner?

People have lost sight of a mahoosive salad - they add two lettuce leaves instead of one and cause terrible crunching noises in the office.

go on which one of you wrote this 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It's been at least a week since we had a 'what makes you middle class' thread. I love those, especially the posters who use it as an invitation to brag about their house and decor and garden and bean to cup coffee machine and privately educated gifted and talented Tobias and Araminta and the ponies and the dogs and the piano lessons and the tennis court and their 6 figure earning DH and their annual summer holiday to France and winter break skiing in Austria.

I read a book recently, called Magpie by Elizabeth Day, about infertility and surrogacy (I enjoyed it but the reviews are terrible) and Mumsnet featured strongly.

Reactions: 9
Mr J and J Minor have just had a convo about Pot Noodles - Iceland do 8 for £1!! He's going to get some for her. Fatherly love at it's finest.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Someone posted that the sound of someone eating a Pot Noodle makes them want to slam their head into a desk. I think she should announce that loudly at work and then stand by while her colleagues fight to the death to be the first person to eat one next to her.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It's been at least a week since we had a 'what makes you middle class' thread. I love those, especially the posters who use it as an invitation to brag about their house and decor and garden and bean to cup coffee machine and privately educated gifted and talented Tobias and Araminta and the ponies and the dogs and the piano lessons and the tennis court and their 6 figure earning DH and their annual summer holiday to France and winter break skiing in Austria.

I read a book recently, called Magpie by Elizabeth Day, about infertility and surrogacy (I enjoyed it but the reviews are terrible) and Mumsnet featured strongly.
I've just read that! enjoyed it too and she's on my list to look up on Amazon (BAD coz Jeff Bezos, but so convenient when you live rurally - think coastal)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I've just read that! enjoyed it too and she's on my list to look up on Amazon (BAD coz Jeff Bezos, but so convenient when you live rurally - think coastal)
I'm on first name terms with my Amazon delivery driver. I have a terrible Amazon habit and I think I need Amazon's Anonymous. I go shopping, come home, realise I've forgotten the dishwasher tablets. A normal person would buy them the next time. I order them from Amazon next day delivery. Same with dog food and shampoo and all sorts of other unnecessaries. Actually I don't think my dog would regard his food as unnecessary :D I also live rurally by the seaside, but not in a Mumsnet approved area.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The allotment thread seems to have died a death, although there are a few posters still begging for updates. Someone needs to start another thread about a neighbourhood dispute with a cast of characters. I'm looking forward to summer when the weed smoking, hot tub using, smoky barbecue holding, noisy party hosting neighbours come out to play.
I’m waiting for August and I’m going to get a three part thread going about my vegan neighbours who DEMANDED we don’t cook meat or fish on the BBQ. I think I can get in some additional neighbours, my parents, three siblings and the vegans neighbours dog and family before I’m deleted for trolling.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
What the duck is antisocial about eating a Pot Noodle unless you throw it at a Mumsnetter afterwards?

They all have weight-specific misophonia (it's targeted at the over size 6 staff at work), are violently ill when exposed to foreign smells like chicken stock and they're all emetophobic so must have their demands that fat, poor people don't eat food within 300 yards of them met at all times (despite only going into the office for ten minutes every 98th Monday in June for a mere seven figure salary).

• Haha
Reactions: 10
In the summer months we’ll often go walking at the weekend and will camp somewhere (mainly so we can both go and have a few pints after said walk). Anyway. DH always packs emergency pot noodles as camping food and they are bloody delicious after a long day hiking.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Has Natasha Dancing gone through yet another reincarnation? :unsure:

I thought she was Ineverlivedinacastle (or some such)? Haven't seen her on a recent thread about a dress suitable for a 30th. There's one poster who posted an risque sister wife dress (above ankle) and subsequently sneered at another poster's suggestion. Just gave off massive NatashaDancing vibes to me.

Oh! Now that may be a sport (Pot Noodle Throwing) to entice from my lazy, sedentary life.

Where do I sign?

• Haha
If they hadn't banned me, I'd be tempted to start a thread to rile them all up.
I'm going away with friends this weekend and they're all leaving their children with their husbands to drink wine and sit in a hot tub for 3 days. The horror might actually kill them off.
Alcohol, sex ponds and a bbq thrown in (if it ever stops sodding raining!)

• Haha
I see our favourite poster who monopolises all the TV threads is at it again, chastising someone who accidentally put a spoiler on a thread. That poster immediately apologised as it was a genuine mistake apparently and got it removed but that wasn’t enough

Someone has actually called out her rudeness for once and said she makes the threads very unfriendly to post on which I agree with
Is it the one who never proof reads her posts making them practically illegible! Its like solving a riddle sometimes.

Then there's the ones who will miss some blatantly obviously part of the plot, or misinterpret obvious things.
I think sometimes people post more than they actually watch the programme.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.