Mumsnet #36 My mum died when a fat midwife fell on her so we moved to France

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@GBNI honestly I tried washing a vegetable with disinfectant but then started nervously laughing and had to put it down, felt so silly.

It was in all the hysteria before they found out it wasn't fomite based.

Has anyone watched the film Contagion?

Reactions: 5
@GBNI honestly I tried washing a vegetable with disinfectant but then started nervously laughing and had to put it down, felt so silly.

It was in all the hysteria before they found out it wasn't fomite based.

Has anyone watched the film Contagion?
Is that the one where Gwyneth Paltrow and Kate Winslet both DIE? If so, couldnt have happened to my least favourite actresses

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh, get a bloody life, love!
I’d be out of the door before they saw me move. Sounds fabulous.
---
There was a thread ages ago where a woman said she would never eat leftovers, does anyone remember that? I think it was actually a mental health issue because she was very upset at the thought of it, maybe it’s her?

I know someone similar, who will eg cook a joint of beef cut off 3 slices for their roast dinner and bin the rest. And I’m sure there was an episode of eat well for less with a family who was the same so I think it’s a ‘thing’ although to me it’s very weird that you would waste food like that and if I’ve had a lovely meal, I look forward to the leftovers!
My MiL won’t eat leftovers. Everything not eaten goes in the bin. It makes me cry a bit inside.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I love how they can’t leave their child’s side and do everything for them like ‘confronting’ their 15 year olds teacher over detention or whatever and on their 18th birthday they either have to get a job and start paying full market rent, cooking dinner for the family four nights a week, doing half the housework and babysitting their five younger siblings three times a week or move out.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'm genuinely sorry for everyone who suffered during lockdown but honestly it's the most physically and mentally healthy I've ever been as an adult. For me it was an absolutely joyous time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
This seems to be a popular thread title suggestion. But it will be censored as swearing isn't allowed in the title:cautious: so maybe need some more suggestions
Can't we spell it D1CKs? D!CKS? D*CKS and pretend the Asterix stands for a U?!

ETA: a search for the word Dick in thread titles indicates we can infact just use DICKS IN A ROW

Screenshot_2024-04-16-19-07-22-86_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Screenshot_2024-04-16-19-07-11-38_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
This is MN in a nutshell. One of her children is 15. The friend’s children are “practically adult” (so I am assuming 17). There’s hardly any difference. Yet hers have to have their mother home with them the entire weekend and never leave their sight. And at 17 you’re “practically adult” so no parents needed. I’m sure the 15-year-old would have no issue with the mother going out of town for the weekend. Probably looking forward to it.

• Haha
Hi all, can I join this thread please? Having been on mumsnet a long time I'm increasingly feeling like I'm done with it! Like I've read all the threads before and immediately know how they are going to go just from the title.
Will my exceptional child be alright at state school?
Will my fat friend break my chairs?
Where shall I go on holiday where there won't be any chavs?

I've had more fun lurking on here than I have actually over there for ages!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Of course you can join us Nighttime. Pull up a chair and help yourself to the massive salad buffet and a small sweet sherry

• Haha
Reactions: 21
My utter fuckface of an ex managed to cheat on me with at least 4 other women during lockdown, including his ex wife who moved back in to ‘help’ (we didn’t live together) after their daughter broke her leg. I think he was single handedly responsible for the spread of Covid…

I went from an office based to a WFH job (apart from when I went out to work in the vaccine clinics) and it almost killed me off. I can’t say I 100% stuck to the rules but I also never mixed with any vulnerable people at all. The best thing about being a key worker was going to the supermarket at 6am!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Thread title suggestion based on earlier comments so I take no credit:

Wipe down my cucumber and sanitise my Hovis, I need to get my dicks in a row!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
On s&b someone just suggested this £65 "statement necklace" when OP asked for what outfit to wear to a BBQ.
The BBQ one? I saw NatashaDancing on that one. She shared a website where the dresses are around £200 instead of her usual £2000. Do you think she realises her mistake?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.