Mumsnet #36 My mum died when a fat midwife fell on her so we moved to France

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On s&b someone just suggested this £65 "statement necklace" when OP asked for what outfit to wear to a BBQ.
bleeping hell! I have about 8 billion of these hair ties round my house, if I'd known about this earlier I could've been knocking out these crappy necklaces and relieving Mnetters of their 6 figure incomes

• Haha
Reactions: 11
On s&b someone just suggested this £65 "statement necklace" when OP asked for what outfit to wear to a BBQ.
It definitely makes a statement 😂 It looks like something Ariel would’ve made out of stuff she’d found at the bottom of the ocean.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
There is a Pooh museum in IOW, do you think the mumsnetters know? Do they all meet up? 🤔 it’s motto is 'have you been'?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Tasha doesn’t like blow drys , manis or grooming either. She’s so “not like other girls “

• Haha
Reactions: 5
My husband has things like that in the garage for holding things down in the truck bed. Bungee cords, I think he calls them,

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Tasha doesn’t like blow drys , manis or grooming either. She’s so “not like other girls “
Mumsnet utterly hates me 🤣 not only am I tattooed and fake boobed but I also have weekly blow dries, waxed and tinted eyebrows, eyelash extensions, manicures and pedicures, Brazilian waxing, Botox and a non surgical nose job 🤷‍♀️

I was genuinely tempted to join and start a thread but just knew what I’d get, is there any equivalent to style and beauty on here? I’ve an interview Friday and seriously struggling especially because I’m such a short arse teeny tiny!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yeah, that did surprise me. I didn't think someone who fantasised about £5000 sack dresses would have an aversion to styled hair or painted nails.

Then again I did see her lose her tit once on a thread about boudoir photography and how offensive and terrible it was (so don't do it, what do you care if someone else enjoyed it?). So I wonder if she has some kind of issue around sexuality, and so channels it all into clothing that's hugely expensive and, to a certain mind, "high fashion" so she can get a kind of kick out of it, but it's got to be absolutely sexless. She did complain on the barbecue thread about "showing off curves".

• Wow
Reactions: 7
The riot that has started on a thread asking for “staycation suggestions”…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
ShopTilYouSlop

"So I wonder if she has some kind of issue around sexuality, and so channels it all into clothing that's hugely expensive and, to a certain mind, "high fashion" so she can get a kind of kick out of it, but it's got to be absolutely sexless."

I've noticed she's said that she would never dress to be sexy and also - which really did surprise me - that she doesn't dress to "look good" - she just likes people to admire the garment.
Mind you, maybe she's just being realistic. No point aiming too high...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Mumsnet utterly hates me 🤣 not only am I tattooed and fake boobed but I also have weekly blow dries, waxed and tinted eyebrows, eyelash extensions, manicures and pedicures, Brazilian waxing, Botox and a non surgical nose job 🤷‍♀️

I was genuinely tempted to join and start a thread but just knew what I’d get, is there any equivalent to style and beauty on here? I’ve an interview Friday and seriously struggling especially because I’m such a short arse teeny tiny!

Come join on the glam thread

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I worked nights in one of the temp hospitals during covid. And I amused myself by watching contagion on my tablet during the night.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
The riot that has started on a thread asking for “staycation suggestions”…
Is that one still up? I started reading it, felt sorry for the OP with all the nitpicking about what a staycation was but went to listen to updates on Constance Marten trial and now can't find it

Reactions: 2
Todays wanky post on MN; someone wants to call their baby Edward but is moaning about a family member calling him Teddy, and someone said ‘why not switch to Edmund instead?’

Who in their right mind would think bleeping Edmund is a nice name for a baby?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
My husband has things like that in the garage for holding things down in the truck bed. Bungee cords, I think he calls them,
Stretchy Octopus , ours was called 😆😆
I don't know if that was it's real name lols , my younger son has a couple of them for his gardening trailer

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Is that one still up? I started reading it, felt sorry for the OP with all the nitpicking about what a staycation was but went to listen to updates on Constance Marten trial and now can't find it
It’s still there. I’m one of those people who is irritated by “staycation” being used for a vacation in the same country you live in. To me it’s always been a vacation at home. Time off work and days out in the local area. But I live in a much bigger country. I could fly 6 hours and still be in the same country but in a completely different climate and landscape. When you live in Florida and you go to Montana. Arizona or even Alaska it’s most definitely a vacation. I wouldn’t call that a staycation.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.