Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love a crunchie ❤

MN are not even taking the piss with the chocolate thread.
Absolutely wanker of a poster making sure everyone knows she's 'upper class'

I don't even know what Leonidas is ....I must be scum

Come on.....is this poster taking the absolute piss?
I love the faux modesty of some of them 😂
‘I love chocolate that is found on a bed of feathers that is found in the Himalayas range under the careful watch of a unicorn… I don’t know if that’s posh though’

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Wow that AMA board, never seen it before - if ever there was a perfect place for trolls making up total bullshit, that must be it!

Reactions: 7
Haha I saw that one and wondered if it’d be mentioned on here! I live for chocolate. Everyone I’ve ever met knows I love chocolate (I’ve even mentioned on here that I ate over thirty Mars bars while running a marathon one year)!
So everyone buys me chocolate all the time. When I lived in England some people would buy me rococo chocolates which are ridiculous expensive and ridiculously disgusting. Give me a good British dairy milk every hour!
I honestly cannot get over how obsessed with class they are. If you love a crunchie you’re sooooo working class. If you’re unvaccinated then you’re soooo lower class. Cheeky teenagers - will automatically knock your entire household down a class rank. Volunteer then you slip up a rank. It’s so weird and ironically totally incorrect.
I feel like joining mumsnet to make a post about feeling accomplished that I’ve probably slid down the class rankings each decade of my existence and have never felt happier! I don’t know if it stands out to me so much because I live abroad and class is non existent here or whether they are just totally obsessed? It’s so strange.
I am obsessed with this anecdote. Amazing. Well done on both the marathon and on eating 30 mars bars.

Wow that AMA board, never seen it before - if ever there was a perfect place for trolls making up total bullshit, that must be it!
Yeah it's like some of the reddit AITA subreddit where most of them must be made up (or heavily embellished).

• Haha
Reactions: 6
TBF you get that on here a bit as well, on other threads. "Womanface" :ROFLMAO:
I just saw this term on there today and I googled it and couldn’t really see anything about it. Please don’t tell me that “woman face” is an actual term Mumsnet have created?

To take that from the term “black face” is actually pretty offensive. How you can liken racism and drag to be as bad as each other is just 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Has anyone else seen that thread in active named "Is anyone else freaked out?" about the recent mild weather. 17 pages of MNers ripping the tit out of each other and fighting like cats in a bag..all about the bloody weather. That site is toxic beyond belief.
I was in genuine, open-mouthed, disbelief at this thread. Some intense over reactions to a slightly milder day, any reasonable poster coming in with a level head and explainations were completely ignored. They’re all insane!

• Haha
They hate drag queens because they are men, and they genuinely hate all men. Even gay ones. The whole ‘woman face’ makes me howl because have you ever seen a woman who looks like a drag Queen? No, thought not.

Reactions: 10
They hate drag queens because they are men, and they genuinely hate all men. Even gay ones. The whole ‘woman face’ makes me howl because have you ever seen a woman who looks like a drag Queen? No, thought not.
I’m torn on this because I like a good drag queen, I’m ngl, but the argument is that they’re taking the worst traits of ‘stereotypical womanhood’ and exaggerating them for their own ends, in the same way that, say, the Black and White minstrels did. Nobody in their right mind would have thought they were black men. I loved Lily Allen and Dame Edna but some of the more crude drag queens with their talk of fishy fannys and stuff like that makes me cringe.

And to the poster upthread, no MN did not invent ‘woman face’. It’s been around for a while.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
The Dry January thread is quite funny to keep track of every year. It always starts off with pages and pages of posts everyday from MNers doing it and patting them selves on the back and talking about how great they all feel from not drinking. By about the 20th Jan it's just 3 or 4 posts a day from the same people as everyone else has buggered off after falling off the wagon, a victim of their "wine witch". Feels a bit like Squid Game.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Love a crunchie ❤

MN are not even taking the piss with the chocolate thread.
Absolutely wanker of a poster making sure everyone knows she's 'upper class'

I don't even know what Leonidas is ....I must be scum

Come on.....is this poster taking the absolute piss?
Ooooh Green and Blacks makes you middle class?? I always knew I was MC 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I got a Hotel Chocolate hamper thingy for Christmas. It's still unopened. However, the huge slab of Dairy Milk I received failed to make it past Boxing Day.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’m torn on this because I like a good drag queen, I’m ngl, but the argument is that they’re taking the worst traits of ‘stereotypical womanhood’ and exaggerating them for their own ends, in the same way that, say, the Black and White minstrels did. Nobody in their right mind would have thought they were black men. I loved Lily Allen and Dame Edna but some of the more crude drag queens with their talk of fishy fannys and stuff like that makes me cringe.

And to the poster upthread, no MN did not invent ‘woman face’. It’s been around for a while.
Wait - what do you mean Lily Allen? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
To be fair I’ve seen drag queens with far more class than Lily Allen 😂

• Haha
My claim to fame: I saw Lily Savage walking down the street in full regalia, the crowds parted... and then Paul O'Grady opened the fete at my kids' school for several years running.

I am pondering - how long has Mumsnet been around? Will we/have we reached a point where the children of the first gen of users are using it? What year do you all think was ‘peak’ mumsnet? I sort of think of it as being in decline these days?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.