Mumsnet #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TBF the customer service at these energy companies are about as useful as a chocolate teapot. When I moved into my new house a few months ago British Gas said they could just carry on my gas and electric direct debits unchanged from my old address and take over from the current supplier at my new address. For some reason they couldn't/wouldn't take over the gas supply in the end and they couldn't/wouldn't explain to me why when I phoned them up. So now I'm paying gas with Eon and electric with British Gas :ROFLMAO:
They are pretty tit. I just couldn't believe she had been trying to resolve this for 3 years

Reactions: 2
I remember a thread a few years ago where a woman posted about wanting to wear Vans to a wedding because she had a foot problem, I think and a lot of posters jumped on to tell her that the Vans were inappropriate for a wedding and fell over themselves to post the most ugly sandals/shoes on the planet as suggestions for the op 😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The cool mum thread is very entertaining endless suggestions and immediate disagreement - one person suggests hush for 'relaxed glamour', another responds that no, that's just reeks of instamum as do Vejas, and on it goes.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
The cool mum thread is very entertaining endless suggestions and immediate disagreement - one person suggests hush for 'relaxed glamour', another responds that no, that's just reeks of instamum as do Vejas, and on it goes.
I saw one post on there saying that Clark’s trainers are what cool people wear! Have you seen them?😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Was there ever a conclusion to the whole softzilla debacle? Or was this a troll & I was completely had!

Reactions: 3
I love the posts from the disgruntled ones at Christmas who are ‘simply devastated’ that their 15 year old son spent their Christmas money gifted to them on a game, games console etc. rather than on something educational or investing it in the future. They live in another world I’m sure!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I love the posts from the disgruntled ones at Christmas who are ‘simply devastated’ that their 15 year old son spent their Christmas money gifted to them on a game, games console etc. rather than on something educational or investing it in the future. They live in another world I’m sure!
They should have spent it on organic lentils

• Haha
Reactions: 11
They should get them educational gifts to instead of giving them money. My aunt and uncle got me educational books. One of these, about technology, was really good - though I only actually looked at it about fifteen years later!

Reactions: 7
I read one like this yesterday... she said she felt she had failed as a mother 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Goes back to something a very, very long time ago about 'naice' ham.
Wasn’t it a shopping list that someone found in a trolley (Waitrose, natch) where someone had written ‘naice ham’? They’re mad for found shopping lists on there too, but haven’t seen one of those threads for a while either.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve never come across as many people obsessed with class as the users of MN. I think that’s probably down to the demographic supposedly being ‘middle class’ and allegedly more educated (or so they’d like to think even though they’re desperate for reassurance all the time). They were very in competition with Netmums at one point, which was seen to be a bit more lower class and full of huns than MN, although the lines have blurred in recent years.

It makes me laugh how much they look down on trade though. Most tradesmen I know earn an absolute wedge, but the women on MN wouldn’t even deign to let them use the cloakroom toilet in their new build.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’ve never come across as many people obsessed with class as the users of MN. I think that’s probably down to the demographic supposedly being ‘middle class’ and allegedly more educated (or so they’d like to think even though they’re desperate for reassurance all the time). They were very in competition with Netmums at one point, which was seen to be a bit more lower class and full of huns than MN, although the lines have blurred in recent years.

It makes me laugh how much they look down on trade though. Most tradesmen I know earn an absolute wedge, but the women on MN wouldn’t even deign to let them use the cloakroom toilet in their new build.
They have such a chip on their shoulder about tradespeople. Probably because they are the new middle classes and haven’t been anywhere near a six form college let alone Uni. I’ve never met a poor plumber or electrician because people will always need them! and a savvy one can have a really profitable and successful business. You also to be quite academically able to even get a place or a course or apprenticeship these days, it’s very competitive and most colleges require minimum grade GCSE’s. Remember that plumbers are working with gas and electricians with, well electric lol. Both things that can cause fires and explosions! They days when tradespeople were those who were too thick to do anything else are long gone. I don’t have kids but if I did I’d sooner they went into trade rather than go to a sodding Russell Group Uni and saddled with god knows how much debt.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.